Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roux23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

I think road is holding nea on the ground....it always implys the fact that road and the 14th had something so possibly they where lovers, so she is holding him and looking up at mana. We all know mana didnt die since he meets allen 35 years from then

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Senjuchiha Clan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roux23 View Post
    I think road is holding nea on the ground....it always implys the fact that road and the 14th had something so possibly they where lovers, so she is holding him and looking up at mana. We all know mana didnt die since he meets allen 35 years from then
    Road is holding Mana while looking up at Nea.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Senjuchiha Clan View Post
    Road is holding Mana while looking up at Nea.
    Actually, if you look closely, that person looks more like their mother than Mana, though I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Please please please don't turn out like Jack from Pandora Hearts.... I haven't even found all the fractured pieces yet.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I was Mind-blown... or I say Mindfck!!

Hoshino still has it! The reason why I loved D.Gray-Man! The mystery, the art, the confusion, the twists... Oh thank goodness before the year ends, we got a really EPIC chapter!

So we got some of the mysteries to be unfolded... Here's what I understand by reading this chapter...

*Nea "tried" to kill Mana, or he despised Mana because of what happened to their mother.
    *Mana is "accused" for killing his mom. But I think Nea did something about it?
    *Mana is not the Earl.
    *Road looked like she cares for Mana (in love perhaps?) it looked like a love triangle to me lol
    *D... I think it was the "D" in Mana's family name... (Mana D. Campbell)
    *the creepy looking guy must have been their uncle? the head of their family (Refer to Ch. 214)
    *Allen is MANA?... or who is the Earl calling "Mana"?
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; December 29, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to get a early chapter, but darn this chapter was to freaken confusing.

I don't know what the crap is going on.

A bunch of pages with no words and just pictures just further added to the confusion.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Q1: Who is the old guy?
    Q2: Who is the guy in the bed? http://mangastream.com/read/dgrayman/90685737/17 We've got Road, Nea... and?
    Q3: Mana cries because Nea is dead. Nea wants to kill the guy in pag 17. Everything is because of Mana. The mum dies and the Earl is around. I can list the first 100 decimals of pi. None of this gives me answers.
    Q4: What the hell did Mana?

Back to pag6, chp 214: Q5: Cyrus=Earl=New head of the Campbell familly=A weirdo?
    (((Q6: Tikk?...)))

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whilst I can't particularly explain the flashback I did get some things.
    Q1: Don't know, probabbly he's their uncle, who was talked about in chapter 214
    Q2: That looks like Mana
    Q3: Apparently Nea wants to kill Mana for something he had done, but Road isn't allowing for it.
    Q4: ?????????

Q5: dDon't know but I think the old guy we saw in this chapter was uncle cyrus.

Other Thoughts.......

Honestly, this is one of those chapters that I can't really say is good or bad, but I still enjoyed it somehow. The drawing was really good ... It looks like Hoshino finnaly stabilized her drawing of Allen especially. I find it interesting that when the Earl looked at Johnny trying to help Allen he alluded to when he was cradling Nea's limp body in his arms saying "I'm sorry." Johnny tends to say that quite alot too. Maybe Mana and Johnny share a key resemblance in personality? Kinda pissed that we only got 19 pages but I think that's a usual pattern for February issue. Can't wait for 219

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the Earl is a symbiotic creature that switches from person-to-person. I think that one manga that came before DGM has the Earl as one? It's also the manga that had the Earl with devil horns years before it happened in DGM, so it makes sense.

It's my theory that Mana and Nea's Uncle was once the Earl, and then Mana became the Earl somehow. I still believe that there are two Manas (Earl Mana and dead amnesiac Mana). How Mana was split into two people, however, I still don't know. But the "don't you remember me Nea?" at the beginning of the chapter really makes me more confident in this theory.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, guys... relax... isn't it obvious that this chapter isn't supposed to make much sense?? If we knew everything about this mystery, D.Gray-man would end! Hoshino said so herself

Though... I am super excited now!! The art is pretty, and the chapter was "lighter" than I thought it would be Allen is adorable xD And Eaaarl don't cryy

We don't know the excact timeline of the flashbacks... The Reverse novel states that Mana turned into "Older Mana" the same night that his brother(Nea) "went missing"... So the scene with the Earl and his mother should have happened earlier, right? And what about the scene with Mana hugging Nea?

The scene with Nea, Road and Mana(?) is reminiscent of the "family"-moment omg, how the art style has changed over the years! :3 Is that the Earl in the back? O.o

Seems like Nea woke up at the end!!

Now, please excuse me as I go get some sleep and.... sober up... I'll be suprised if this post is even readable lol Good night!!
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

12. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or did the 14th regain consciousness at the end of the chapter? That definitely didn't sound like Allen especially since Allen wouldn't refer to the visions as a flashback since he wasn't the one to experience it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha I said something like this happened with Mana and the Earl ages ago! Just as expected. Except it's still very hard to understand.

It would be interesting if the random old guy was Bookman. We know that he knows more than he's letting on, and that guy looked about the right age. Of course he could still be someone else entirely, but it's still plausible he's Bookman.

So, the flashbacks. Both the Earl and Allen(via Nea's memory) had a flashback.

First of all, the Earl hallucinating/flashbacking to Mana helping Nea, and the Earl getting furious at seeing Johnny.

Then it looks as if Allen's seeing a flashback from Nea's perspective. There's the scene with Road protecting a sleeping or unconscious Mana while Nea looks super ominous, and it can't be from Mana's perspective because he was asleep.

Then Allen sees the scene with Mana talking to the Earl. I can only find three explanations for this.

- Nea was present in that scene too and we just didn't see him there.

- Nea and the Earl are so closely connected that Allen-via-Nea was seeing some of the Earl's memories.

- We only saw Nea's memory, which means that in that scene, what appeared to be the Earl was actually Nea. This is not completely out of the question, if the "Earl" is something symbiotic that can move between hosts.

In any case, Mana was split up into two people somehow. So we have Mana-Mana and Earl-Mana.

Canon facts to bear in mind:

- Road said that "Nea fought for Mana". Whatever he's doing is for Mana's sake.
    - Nea told Allen that the Earl has gone mad.
    - Lvellie said that the 14th was a "crevasse resulting from the holy war", some sort of abnormality.
    - Nea's plans haven't ended just because Mana-Mana is supposedly dead.
    - And his plans are apparently to kill and replace the Earl.
    - As a kid, little Mana apparently got ill and nearly died, then recovered. Did he awaken as a Noah?

And we know that everything happened because of something Mana did. He must have disrupted some sort of balance, but what?

I'm curious about who hurt/killed Mana and Nea's mother. The Earl was there, but that doesn't mean he did it. Could have been Nea, or could have been somebody else.
    Last edited by Aracely; December 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

15. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love how so much was shown yet so little known (I'm sorry)

The art looked great I don't even care about the number of pages.
    Well, the one who Road was hugging.. The sleeves were puffy kind of feminine but I dunno, could just be a dude with an interesting fashion sense xD
    Also, I was thinking maybe the earl was just a materialisation by the twins but no? And it didn't seem like Allen at the end of the chapter..
    It was nice to see Road even if it was just a flashback..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

It was Nea who makes appearance in last pages, since Allen doesn'y know what Mana looked like when he was young (I mean, his body), also who Mana and Nea's mother is.
    Allen's face looks younger when the Earl's face splits!
    I just don't get why the Earl's emotions can get synchronized with Allen.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Namiz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really forgot the fact that it's almost January meaning new chapter lol. I did a double take when seeing a DGM chapter online and thought it was the old one or something

Nothing in this chapter make sense and my mind is so screw right now to make an interesting respond BUT I BELIEVE THAT OLD GUY IS BOOK MAN OH MAI GAHHHHH HE GOT THAT BOOK MAN'S GLARE AND THE DARK PANDA EYES

On a more serious note, someone should add the Earl-gone-mad-face into Tv trope's Nightmare Fuel DGM's section already . I think if I continued stare into that face one more time I will be traumatized forever as if millions of town folks last chapter got eyewingraep by Apo was not bad enough...

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

just noticed that road is in noah mode...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So many creepy Earl faces XD

Those Noah/flashback-people look way too much alike I can't tell them apart anymore

It's not one of my favorite chapters because I didn't really understand it haha but I'm grateful we got something.

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast