Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

hmmm I was wondering what if Earl killed Mana's and Neahs mother and this was the trigger for Neah to jump in to protect Mana from earl... which resulted him dieing and recive the last words "keep walking"

since something doesnt make sense... if Neah showed such killing eyes to Mana in the bed in roads arms... why road told to allen that neah fought for mana with tear in her eye and said its a secret... or even earlier to whisely... that the matter of 14th is private..... its like road is somehow close related to neah and mana... it would be a shocker if she was their biological sister.... so that was the reason why neah didnt kill her 35years ago... and that is the thing that sheril heared about the relantionship between road and 14th.... they're brother and sister

If the person who is Road holding is Mana or Mother... then what if Neah and his noah gens told to kill All humans and leave only noah... so earl killed human mother and said to human mana "its your fault" since only noah are allowed to live

well what if mana was in the bed sleeping becouse he was about to awaken as earl... so neah kinda planed to kill him and become the earl himself... but mostly couldnt as he was his precious brother he had fun with.... but mostly when earl killed their mother and earl was about to kill mana...neah snapped

hmmm maybe another theory... WHAT if the last pages with mana and earl are in reality inside manas dream ? just like how allen met neah while beign chanied to the chair.... kinda the moment of awakening...so mana sawthe person he will become and what he will do (kill people even close to him).... right now we saw sleeping mana and road is holding him and neah is above him like he knows what will awaken... but with roads words that neah loved mana... might be that neah did somehing and split mana into 2 people 1go consumed by earls memories... the 2nd he protected is the father allen had... without some memories maybe bad memories like cross said... that he couldnt tell if mana even remembered the past...
    Last edited by Zibi234; December 30, 2012 at 03:42 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems right now all of us are screaming in confusion.

(We're getting into One Piece territory... But the D. in DGM will probably be explained quicker... I hope.)

I wonder what is meant by "The way it was." I'm thinking that the Earl definitely had to be close to the Campbell family, if not a member of it himself.

Also, I'm not sure... But what if we get a hint or...something about Road's true body???

I'm thinking that Neah might have control over Allen at the moment... And just...ARGH, TOO MANY QUESTIONS.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end, possibly it's really Allen's memories
    Allen was alive back then...maybe

with mana and earl split into two body theory (forget who was talking about this)
    earl takes over mana
    unable to deal with mana's personality, earl splits with mana
    into mana/mana and mana/earl
    mana/mana is the original mana
    and mana/earl is a fusion
    unfortunately for earl, he has stayed in mana's body too long and mana has partially fused with him
    i feel (hope) this will happen with allen ( don't disappear allen!)

and maybe nea was trying to kill mana/earl (who road was trying to protect)
    mana/mana was still alive though

why earl blames mana for everything could be because mana changed his personality
    perhaps he began to feel sympathy for humans?
    or he became confused about his identity?
    He is jealous of mana/mana who nea identifies as brother and hates mana for his feeling towards nea at the same time

earl supposedly has never died, but perhaps its only means his memories have never been erased like most of the noah
    Last edited by hopeandlight; December 30, 2012 at 04:44 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter makes me LOL for the 1st half of the chapter and make my mind confused after reading the second half of the chapter.

The first half basically the EARL loses himself and went rampage on Allen (or Nea in Earl's point of view). Earl using Balloon to attack Allen!!! That's quite epic!!!xD
    Allen stating the Earl's behaviour and the science division invention still hunts him really makes me LOL!
    A few action scene which is quite fast and cool.
    I'm quite shock in the second half of the chapter.
    1. the Earl actually forgot who Mana is, I guess that's why Mana still can survive 30+ years.
    2. Allen and Earl fuses together
    3. The person Road's holding. Some people here and other website say its mana but I'm not sure about it and I do not think so as the person looks like a lady from that panel.
    4. The person spying behind the door. Someone here mentioned its Bookman which I think its probably the case because he did had a Bookman stare IMO and its 35 years ago.
    5. Earl saying "Mana D Campbell", does it mean Mana's true name is Mana D Campbell since Mana and Nea are in Campbell family stated in chp 214. But that's also the page which I loved the most in this chapter.

Some people here and other website says Allen does not lool like Allen but I'm not sure about it and I think its still Allen because he seems like he does not understand the flashback. If its Nea, he most likely knows it.
    And the last page, Earl finally remember Mana. Also some people here and other website says the Earl calling Allen 'Mana' but I do not that's the case as the Earl just remember who Mana is since he forgotten Mana.

In all, a short but awesome chapter. This chapter gives me a teaser trailer feel chapter where it give a few flashback to peek readers interest.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just happy that this chapter was actually important, even if it's difficult to understand right now. It gave Pandora Hearts a run for its money when it comes to ridiculously confusing flashbacks, but Hoshino definitely knows what she's doing. I think she planned for this ever since she revealed that Mana and Nea were brothers. There's been so much build up about Nea/Mana/Road/The Earl since Volume 17 that we should've known a chapter like this was coming.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LunaLupus's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand anything.....
    First...I was thinking Yeah! It's true! Mana is the Earl!!!

....but now.... I'm taking back what I thougt....
    Last edited by LunaLupus; December 30, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
    I'm a slow dying Flower..
    Frost killing Hour

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A new chapter, two months in a row? Time to celebrate with another pictorial review!
    Hey, I'll use any excuse.

"Come with us now, on a journey through time and space"

Spoiler show

Five zillion is too a real number.

11. Like 17 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsungchehau View Post
    3. The person Road's holding. Some people here and other website say its mana but I'm not sure about it and I do not think so as the person looks like a lady from that panel.
    The person Road is holding has fairly broad shoulders from what's visible, larger than what I'd expect for a woman, and has hair that's Mana's hair length and style (which is very simliar to his mother's hair style, but not exactly the same). So I think it's safe to assume it's Mana/Earl. Road looks very much as if she's protecting one of her family; I don't think that flashbacks all about Mana and Nea and the Earl would include a random Noah. I think the confusion is because sleeping Mana is just awfully pretty.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    The person Road is holding has fairly broad shoulders from what's visible, larger than what I'd expect for a woman, and has hair that's Mana's hair length and style (which is very simliar to his mother's hair style, but not exactly the same). So I think it's safe to assume it's Mana/Earl. Road looks very much as if she's protecting one of her family; I don't think that flashbacks all about Mana and Nea and the Earl would include a random Noah. I think the confusion is because sleeping Mana is just awfully pretty.
    You're probably right about the person not being a lady/woman, its hard to tell for now IMO. :S

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Road was trying to protect Mana presumably. Seems like she had an affinity towards Mana, as well. But I don't really understand the tragedy part here.
    Why does it seem like he is targeting his own brother? Is Mana responsible of what had happened to their mother before and Nea's enraged because of that? Or could it be possible that Nea is the one that hurt their mother later due to what Mana did earlier?

I win the most confused reader award

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice to see it come out early. good chapter so maybe road is related to neah and mana. but what if road is protecting allen and not mana?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I've been waiting for this for so many years. The amount of excitiment while I read this chapter was about the same as when Allen played the piano in the ark and when the relation between him and the 14th was first brought up.... and that was like superexcitingomigosh. Too bad the chapter was that short, it asked so much and answered so little... Road? Mana? Mother? What's going on??
    ....but seriously. Mana D. Campbell. Is Hoshino trying to copy One Piece with this D. stuff? : D It's cool tho.
    You really think they like to rock in the space? Well I don't know.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since we can't be sure of anything, we can get a bit more flexible on theories.

If that person that Road is holding is Mana, then the person that Tyki reminds Wisely of is Mana and not Nea, maybe.
    And more, I thought that Road and Nea could have been lovers, but maybe she and Mana were the real couple. Maybe Noah-Nea was jealous of Road's relationship with Mana (who wasn't Noah).

My mind still thinks that the person Road is holding is a woman cause of the shirt. But i'm also open to the possibility of it being Mana.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Bloomerwedgies, your post was the funniest in years, thanks

Here, my bet:
    - Old guy: Bookman.
    - The guy with Road: Tikk. <-- This one just to add some more entropy to this thread
    - Weird Uncle: The Earl

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mana's middle name could literally be Danger. *Shot* But time to get serious, I'm about to drop some serious speculation up in here.

First off, I think Mana's illness was either caused or falsely cured by Road by the Earl's orders. Also, I believe Mrs. Campbell made a bad deal the shady probably-in-a-cult bro in the robes to find the Earl to heal him, and it's all just a part of the Earl's dastardly plans to take over the Campbell household for currently unknown reasons.
    The Earl pins the blame game on Mana after all is said and done, but Nea saw what he did thar and gets so pissed about it he returns the whole "I'm going to **** up your entire family and life forever" favor. I don't even know how I'm following this manga anymore sometimes.
    Last edited by Mango-chan; December 30, 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast