Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 145

Thread: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

  1. #91
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roux23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaite1211 View Post
    Here is my opinion about everything so far:


    -The older gentleman is Bookman

    -The person standing over "Mana", and Road is Neah (He might blame the death of his mother on Mana)

    -Before the Earl killed "Neah", Neah, and Mana had switched places, so Mana was actually killed by the Earl rather than Neah. Neah was able to transfer his "Noah Memory" to young Allen 35 years later (or perhaps his consciousness had been put to sleep for 35 years by Apo, and when Allen needed him, Apo woke Neah into a reality 35 years later). From when he had met Allen to the time that he had died, he had taken the identity of Mana Walker (probably as a spin-off from his deceased brother's name)

    -Bookman will probably start talking about the 14th soon (Because he cannot afford to find a successor to replace Lavi)

    -"Allen" was actually Allen at the end if the chapter, and he just happens to have some sort of ability to see people's memories (this has been seen before with Suman Dark, and Apo... Perhaps this is a hidden ability of his innocence?)

    -Allen has not really seen the Millinium Earl's true face (have we actually seen Mana's real face either though?)


    All of these theories could probably be classified as crack though...


    Only problem....Mana was Mana when he died bc you can only call back the soul of someone that actually died, If Neah was pretending to be Mana the whole time he was with Allen then Neah would have died and Allen yelling out MANA to become an akuma would not have worked.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    seriously kanda for genral
    i think it is too early

  4. #93
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    seriously kanda for genral
    i think it is too early
    If not now then when? I think Kanda becoming a general is the icenning on the cake for his development. In my opinion if anyone needed this, it was him. I'm not certain when/ if his synchro rate purged crytical, but all in all he's displayed genera level feats for the longest while.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #94
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    making Kanda a general is the best/smartest thing thing Tiedoll has ever done xD!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaite1211 View Post
    Here is my opinion about everything so far:


    -The older gentleman is Bookman

    -The person standing over "Mana", and Road is Neah (He might blame the death of his mother on Mana)

    -Before the Earl killed "Neah", Neah, and Mana had switched places, so Mana was actually killed by the Earl rather than Neah. Neah was able to transfer his "Noah Memory" to young Allen 35 years later (or perhaps his consciousness had been put to sleep for 35 years by Apo, and when Allen needed him, Apo woke Neah into a reality 35 years later). From when he had met Allen to the time that he had died, he had taken the identity of Mana Walker (probably as a spin-off from his deceased brother's name)

    -Bookman will probably start talking about the 14th soon (Because he cannot afford to find a successor to replace Lavi)

    -"Allen" was actually Allen at the end if the chapter, and he just happens to have some sort of ability to see people's memories (this has been seen before with Suman Dark, and Apo... Perhaps this is a hidden ability of his innocence?)

    -Allen has not really seen the Millinium Earl's true face (have we actually seen Mana's real face either though?)


    All of these theories could probably be classified as crack though...
    - The person standing over Mana is obviously Neah xD (I have no doubt!!!) But I do not think it's because of their mother, the memory was (I think) in chronological order. The Earl probably killed their mother to get even (He blames Mana for everything, even for killing Neah I suppose.)

    -Past!Allen probably didn't have his Innocence, Neah was to suprised to see CC. Maybe (Past!)Allen has his own power?
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    If not now then when? I think Kanda becoming a general is the icenning on the cake for his development. In my opinion if anyone needed this, it was him. I'm not certain when/ if his synchro rate purged crytical, but all in all he's displayed genera level feats for the longest while.
    welll in my opinion its too soon for him i thought they should let kanda settle down first before giving him the title but i guess the order is in desperate need of a new general since CROSS is gone.

    i have a sneaky feeling that cross will come to allen's aid

  9. #96
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    If not now then when? I think Kanda becoming a general is the icenning on the cake for his development. In my opinion if anyone needed this, it was him. I'm not certain when/ if his synchro rate purged crytical, but all in all he's displayed genera level feats for the longest while.
    Can you clarify why he needed this? Because in my opinion it came out of the blue. And frankly its a pseudo form of fan-service. I'm not saying you cant be a fan of said character but you add little content if you say he needed it but don't give any sum of reasons why.

    In my view of things Kanda could have gone rogue exorcist supporting Allen from the shadows. The entire thing about fallen what ive heard before seems aimless as well because in that sense he'd have turned fallen already due to his not supporting the Order and aiding a renegade. Same for Allen. So becoming a fallen is out of the question.
    Either way i see no direct reason why he would be a general, even Allen hit the barrier before and didn't get a invite Also if taking into account that Yeagar already died halfway the story they are now 2 generals short. So saying hes to replace Cross where is Yeagar's replacement then?
    Last edited by riki; February 06, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

  10. #97
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Can you clarify why he needed this? Because in my opinion it came out of the blue. And frankly its a pseudo form of fan-service. I'm not saying you cant be a fan of said character but you add little content if you say he needed it but don't give any sum of reasons why.

    Its what id call buckshot comment/theory. Aimless claiming.

    In my view of things Kanda could have gone rogue exorcist supporting Allen from the shadows. The entire thing about fallen what ive heard before seems aimless as well because in that sense he'd have turned fallen already due to his not supporting the Order and aiding a renegade. Same for Allen. So becoming a fallen is out of the question.
    Either way i see no direct reason why he would be a general, even Allen hit the barrier before and didn't get a invite Also if taking into account that Yeagar already died halfway the story they are now 2 generals short. So saying hes to replace Cross where is Yeagar's replacement then?
    Why Kanda became a general was primarily as a method to regain the order's trust o rmore specifically their temporary tolerance. Not so he could replace Cross. Replacing Cross is only a convenience that was there to further enhance the reason behind him becoming a general.

    Allen did not become a general due to the fact that he was suspected of having relations to the 14th. What was more was his attempt to save Suman, which only served to enhance the Order's mistrust, because Suman was a suspected and confirmed traitor.

    The rogue assistant role is already occupied by Link. Having another character doing the same thing in the same way would only make Kanda's character even more redundant and pointless as his earlier days in the series, where his only significance was that he killed Skin Bolic. This would be counterproductive rendering all the development he's gotten from Alma arc up to this point moot. Kanda's decission to become a general further cemented his character in the series because not only has it opened doors for his character, but it was also a decision that was done out of practicality, inspired solely by the immediate situation at hand. Added to that, considering the danger of becoming a fallen, how long do you really think he could continue being this "rogue exorcist" you speak of. It was only natural for him to start playing his cards much more cunningly.

    As for Kanda becoming a fallen already, bear in mind that Allen still remains at best half exorcist. Nea hasn't exactly fully taken over as yet. Also bear in mind that considering that we are still unsure of the full nature of the relationship between Allen's innocence and Nea.
    Last edited by riki; February 06, 2013 at 09:45 PM.

  11. #98
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Moderator message by: riki
    Please remember to respect everyone's points of view and theories. Thank you!

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #99
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    Why Kanda became a general was primarily as a method to regain the order's trust o rmore specifically their temporary tolerance. Not so he could replace Cross. Replacing Cross is only a convenience that was there to further enhance the reason behind him becoming a general.

    Allen did not become a general due to the fact that he was suspected of having relations to the 14th. What was more was his attempt to save Suman, which only served to enhance the Order's mistrust, because Suman was a suspected and confirmed traitor.

    The rogue assistant role is already occupied by Link. Having another character doing the same thing in the same way would only make Kanda's character even more redundant and pointless as his earlier days in the series, where his only significance was that he killed Skin Bolic. This would be counterproductive rendering all the development he's gotten from Alma arc up to this point moot. Kanda's decission to become a general further cemented his character in the series because not only has it opened doors for his character, but it was also a decision that was done out of practicality, inspired solely by the immediate situation at hand. Added to that, considering the danger of becoming a fallen, how long do you really think he could continue being this "rogue exorcist" you speak of. It was only natural for him to start playing his cards much more cunningly.

    As for Kanda becoming a fallen already, bear in mind that Allen still remains at best half exorcist. Nea hasn't exactly fully taken over as yet. Also bear in mind that considering that we are still unsure of the full nature of the relationship between Allen's innocence and Nea.
    I still didnt get a answer as to why Kanda would need it to be a general. The only reason i see from a writers point of view is to please fans that would like it.
    As for his development, he was developing to become a closer friend to Allen, also threatening Link. Yet Hoshino took a totally different route. And then you say he needed it to be a general. So as to discuss this discussion about this chapter. I ask why would he need it.

    To gain the orders trust or temporary tolerance is not that relevant. We see Tiedol coming out of the blue to his position, after he got canned in a 1 on 1 with the Apo. Its a little bit out of nowhere for me.
    Also we dont really have a road to this point, Allen already broke the barrier before and Lenalee's innocence evolved prior to his as well. So why would he be a general?

  14. #100
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I still didnt get a answer as to why Kanda would [U]need it[/U] to be a general. The only reason i see from a writers point of view is to please fans that would like it.
    As for his development, he was developing to become a closer friend to Allen, also threatening Link. Yet Hoshino took a totally different route. And then you say he needed it to be a general. So as to discuss this discussion about this chapter. I ask why would he need it.

    To gain the orders trust or temporary tolerance is not that relevant. We see Tiedol coming out of the blue to his position, after he got canned in a 1 on 1 with the Apo. Its a little bit out of nowhere for me.
    Also we dont really have a road to this point, Allen already broke the barrier before and Lenalee's innocence evolved prior to his as well. So why would he be a general?
    What are you even talking about anymore? At first you asked, "why Kanda needed to become a general" but now it seems you're asking something completely different. What "it" are you referring to? Also how is Kanda's growing friendship with Allen threatening Link ? Isn't the primary focus of an entertainment media to please fans? If it wouldn't please/ entertain fans then what would be the point? You act as if Kanda became a general for no reason at all. The fact is that given the current situation, the smartest decision was just that (Become A General- gain Order's tolerance- Prolong/ avoid becoming a fallen- clear Lenalee and Marie from restrictions- create an opening in the story for Link to execute his mission). I fail to see how such a pro active decision could possibly just be a pop- off to simply please the hype lust of fans. But again,so what if it did? The fact is that it wasn't a pointless decision and it didn't exactly injure the story in doing so (pleasing the fans).

    The only argument I could see you having is that it was never really confirmed before- hand that Kanda surpassed the critical mark. Whilst this is true, ask yourself, "How does the only current exorcist to kill a noah and gut a Level 4 in one blow not worthy of being of general status?

  15. #101
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaite1211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the universe...
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I still didnt get a answer as to why Kanda would need it to be a general. The only reason i see from a writers point of view is to please fans that would like it.
    As for his development, he was developing to become a closer friend to Allen, also threatening Link. Yet Hoshino took a totally different route. And then you say he needed it to be a general. So as to discuss this discussion about this chapter. I ask why would he need it.

    To gain the orders trust or temporary tolerance is not that relevant. We see Tiedol coming out of the blue to his position, after he got canned in a 1 on 1 with the Apo. Its a little bit out of nowhere for me.
    Also we dont really have a road to this point, Allen already broke the barrier before and Lenalee's innocence evolved prior to his as well. So why would he be a general?
    Due to the points that have been brought up, I think that the Order made Kanda a general to "tighten his leash," so to speak. Because of the issues with the Noah, the Black Order needs as many exorcists it can get. With Allen's absence, and the capture of Lavi and Bookman, losing another exorcist, much less a powerful one at that, would cause tremendous issues with fighting against the Noah, and making Kanda a general would be a way for the Order to keep track of him. The Order doesn't need to keep track of Lenalee because they know that she would even think about abandoning her "family" (due to the vagueness of crystal type innocence, no one could truly estimate the extent of her power, except for possibly Hevleska), and despite Allen's power and prophecy, the Order suspended his status as an exorcist due to his unfortunate (or perhaps fortunate) luck that he was/is the host for the 14th.
    Last edited by Kaite1211; February 08, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

  16. #102
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    What are you even talking about anymore? At first you asked, "why Kanda needed to become a general" but now it seems you're asking something completely different. What "it" are you referring to? Also how is Kanda's growing friendship with Allen threatening Link ? Isn't the primary focus of an entertainment media to please fans? If it wouldn't please/ entertain fans then what would be the point? You act as if Kanda became a general for no reason at all. The fact is that given the current situation, the smartest decision was just that (Become A General- gain Order's tolerance- Prolong/ avoid becoming a fallen- clear Lenalee and Marie from restrictions- create an opening in the story for Link to execute his mission). I fail to see how such a pro active decision could possibly just be a pop- off to simply please the hype lust of fans. But again,so what if it did? The fact is that it wasn't a pointless decision and it didn't exactly injure the story in doing so (pleasing the fans).

    The only argument I could see you having is that it was never really confirmed before- hand that Kanda surpassed the critical mark. Whilst this is true, ask yourself, "How does the only current exorcist to kill a noah and gut a Level 4 in one blow not worthy of being of general status?
    I never brought this up about when he should have surpassed the critical marker. Also Kaite1211's argument of keeping tabs on him if hes a general? Or even the idea of having him be loyal. Loyalty doesn't come with rank, and Cross himself was absent most of the time. They sent out people to find him. So how does this increase the keeping tabs on him?

  17. #103
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I never brought this up about when he should have surpassed the critical marker. Also Kaite1211's argument of keeping tabs on him if hes a general? Or even the idea of having him be loyal. Loyalty doesn't come with rank, and Cross himself was absent most of the time. They sent out people to find him. So how does this increase the keeping tabs on him?
    I didn't say you did, I was just bringing it up as the best likely argument I could see you having. Kaite1211 does have a point on that issue considering that one of the major reasons General Cross had to separate himself for that long from the Order. Generals are the only exorcists that have direct access to central headquarters. Which again explains why Allen, a suspected traitor, could not become a general and again reinforces why it is a good idea for Kanda (for appearances sake) to become a general.

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #104
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    I didn't say you did, I was just bringing it up as the best likely argument I could see you having. Kaite1211 does have a point on that issue considering that one of the major reasons General Cross had to separate himself for that long from the Order. Generals are the only exorcists that have direct access to central headquarters. Which again explains why Allen, a suspected traitor, could not become a general and again reinforces why it is a good idea for Kanda (for appearances sake) to become a general.
    For appearances sake? as if Kanda didnt have enough screen time already? Its as if your saying he will fade away or something without being a general. I just dont like the gimmic of promotion for promotion sake or to make him more popular then he already is. I just dont see justification yet to make him general, its not like we see a road towards it anywhere. Usually youd see someone develop his/ her powers and be noted by suporiors along the story. But here hes just promoted out of thin air. And with a threat along with it.

    As for Allen i didnt say he should be general just that the critical marker isnt all that much, and Lenalees innocence developed before him to Crystal.

    What id like to discuss is why he gets this promotion and if there is any road leading to it. Another thing i support the manga got all 23 so far released volumes ^^ so i can complain a little bit on the plot side since i dont read for free

    I try to read with a smile and discuss as well with a smile.

  20. #105
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 218 Discussion/219 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    For appearances sake? as if Kanda didnt have enough screen time already? Its as if your saying he will fade away or something without being a general. I just dont like the gimmic of promotion for promotion sake or to make him more popular then he already is. I just dont see justification yet to make him general, its not like we see a road towards it anywhere. Usually youd see someone develop his/ her powers and be noted by suporiors along the story. But here hes just promoted out of thin air. And with a threat along with it.

    As for Allen i didnt say he should be general just that the critical marker isnt all that much, and Lenalees innocence developed before him to Crystal.

    What id like to discuss is why he gets this promotion and if there is any road leading to it. Another thing i support the manga got all 23 so far released volumes ^^ so i can complain a little bit on the plot side since i dont read for free

    I try to read with a smile and discuss as well with a smile.

    I wasn't talking about screen time or appeal towards the fandom. When I said appearance's sake, I meant it in terms of how Kanda is conceived by the higher ups in the order. Ofcoarce, there's is no way for the Order to fully trust him, especially for the fact that he refuses to disclose the location of Alma Karma. But, with a motto like "find Allen kill the 14th", they should be more than capable to find use for one of their best exorcists. I don't think he would fade away without being a general but being a general has a lot more anchorage and logic to it than just being a blatant rogue exorcists as you had recommended. Again, because its smarter
    and given the current scenario I see it working much better for a longer time.

    I am not Hoshino so I don't know if him becoming a general will truly lead to greater things. That's what I'm hoping though. Personally I hope at one point or the next that Hoshino uses Kanda to allow us to see Black Order Central (looooooooong overdue). I think its about time that we flesh out some of the political core that makes up the black order. Perhaps that can even be a concentration point after Bookman arc.

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts