Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: King Punch vs Noah

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

King Punch vs Noah

First off, please move this if I posted this in the wrong area. My bad.

Second, Luffy didn't actually destroy the arc, he gave it to the giant sea kings. Now how about throwing Elisabello in Luffy's place? His punch basically sends out a mini concentrated nukesplosion in one direction lol.

The thing is I don't remember if Luffy was punching thru a pocket of water before his attacks landed on the arc or not. If he was then his attacks would have been weaker making this comparison flawed since it is not Luffy's true power.

So the question is: Which character would have been able to damage the arc more do you guys think?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: King Punch vs Noah

If you'd just throw him in he would be just dead meat, since he would be burried along with Fishmen Island before doing his warm up. :P

If he would just happend to get a punch at Noah it should be a little more damage compared to Luffy's. It think he would be able to completely destroy the top of Noah, which Luffy didn't finish since his punch looked more like it would pierce through dense material, just like the wall, but the radius is not enough to destroy Noah as a whole.

Quote Quote:
    The thing is I don't remember if Luffy was punching thru a pocket of water before his attacks landed on the arc or not. If he was then his attacks would have been weaker making this comparison flawed since it is not Luffy's true power.
    Me neither. As I recall it he was in the bubble wrappend around Noah and FI. He was hurt though, so arguably not at full power.
    Given Luffy is rested and unhurt he might have caused the same damage in that short amount of time, plus we all know he would have destroyed Noah if he had the time back then as stated in the Manga.

WB should've been able to shatter it, given the same time as Luffy. Fighters like Mihawk and Zorro would have some troules, i think, since slicing an object this big still leaves some big fragments flying around. And a sword may not be the best weapon in this sort of contest.
    Akainu would handle it well, Kizaru with slight problems, depending on the rate at which he fires his laser beams.

I can't imagine how Kuzan would do it, honestly. It really comes down to the destructive potential of the abilities and not the actual strengh so the list should be rather short.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumOxide View Post
    So the question is: Which character would have been able to damage the arc more do you guys think?
    Honestly, I think that King Punch is nothing much compared to, let's say, Luffy's Grizzly Magnum. Made CC fly for quite a distance through a steel (was it steel?) gate. It was like there was no gate at all. I can only imagine what it would do to that fort Elizabello punched through, and that's without having to warm up for an hour.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find this to be a joke...the kings punch would blow off a few pieces of Noah maybe but it's a 800 year old special ship. It could destroy fishman island but more importantly its supposed to hold millions of fishman merman alike on board. Noah's punch may be strong but it takes one hour to charge. Not to mention luffy used a elephant Gatling after fighting hodi with his underwater handicap and destroyed half of it. Even the sea kings said if it was just a few more minutes he would of eradicated it completely. Noah's punch isn't continuous and doesn't do anywhere near as much damage. I still find it to be one of the funniest troll moves ever. Strong yet useless at the same time.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy himself said he has never seen something like the King's punch before. Doesn't that means that it is not just stronger than Luffy's attacks? Luffy has also seen Whitebeard's ability, but it is based on vibration, so I guess it doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that king could punch a hole into Noah's wall. Let's not forget: The Noah has the size of one quarter to half of Fishman Island - no way the king could actually effectively crush it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Luffy himself said he has never seen something like the King's punch before. Doesn't that means that it is not just stronger than Luffy's attacks?
    It does not, Luffy hasn't seen a lot yet and he will comment on anything of interest, even if it was a flying monkey.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply