Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

2 13.33%
  • Excellent

12 80.00%
  • Top 10 in Magi

1 6.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 166 Discussion

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 166 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 166 Spoiler Thread

I've stumbled Upon this one while I search for some news about the chapter release...
    Credits goes to Aegeon-rokudo

I can't quote it since I'm just using a mobile phone for now...

Moderator message by: Doraku
    New chapter by Sense-Scans is out, guys.
    Last edited by Doraku; December 09, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 166 Discussion/167 Predictions

Good there Ohtaka, war is necessary, always it is. Hope she will get a good pace about its development because is a complex stuff, the emotions of any battle has to be expressed and concluded, i'm waiting the best of her. Obviously with an intrusion of Alibaba on it would be marvelous. Seeing his new looks in 15th volume cover was great.

Also, Mu has big Magoi, i understood Fanalis has a weak Magoi to make a good balance between strenght and magic powers. Glad i did it wrong and just happens to Morgiana.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

So much happening in this chapter: The revelation of when Magnoshutatt tied with Isnan in the past, the metal vessel users of Laem empire and more importantly, how both countries want to initiate a war. I didn't think that Ohtaka would condense those events in this one chapter, to be honest. I found that a war between Magnoshutatt and Laem while alluring, it won't be a long one. I could not predict what kind of outcomes would be resulted from this war, since their motives to initiate the war (at this moment) seemingly shallow if it's just because of Titus.. I meant, did Schere intimidate Mogammet to turn in Magnoshutatt to Laem empire? I kinda forgot.

As for the metal vessel users, Fanalis having strong physical power enhanced by Metal vessels would become very though opponent for sure. I wonder how the Magician would counter them.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Links are always cool to have.

Anyway, awesome chapter. So there was this many Fanalis out there. I'm wondering if Morgiana will cross The Great Rift or not in the end and what She will do. We currently have Morgiana and Alibaba in Laem and Aladdin in Magnoshutatt which is something fortunate because somehow they will fix this before the Kou empire devours the world.

The only thing that concerns me now is that nazi thinking of Mogamett that must be dealt as soon as possible.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

When Mu was revealed to be the third dungeon conqueror I screamed out loud. Like, literally. What an amazing twist!

To be honest, I was hoping that one of Laem's dungeon conquerors would be a woman, but this is also awesome. Just think of how transformative the power of the dungeon is: it completely changed Mu's life! He went from being a gladiator and a slave to becoming a king's candidate with his own troupe! He's found and gathered the remaining members of his people and brought them together. He hasn't created his own country, but if he could take back what happened to the Fanalis clan and make them a community again...that was just epic. I love stuff like that. I hope Morgiana will see this, and I wonder what her reaction would be? Or even Masrur?

Of course, Mogamett's rhetoric and reasoning was great to see too. He's such a fantastic character, and this arc has been just really amazing world building. I loved how Mogamett and Al-Sarmen's relationship turned out to be really business like. It makes the whole thing really relatable. Sometimes you have to deal with shady organizations to get what you want, even if what you want is something good. Of course, I wonder how Magnoshutatt will fair again such a large empire like Laem. Yes, the majority of their population are magicians, and magicians can be seriously powerful, but that alone will not win a war. Aladdin is going to have to think of something or this will get messy very soon.

Oh, and that drama CD is such an epic piece of fanservice. I wish I understood Japanese so I could listen to it, but alas I'll just have to assume the generals threw the best party ever for Ja'far. The mangaka doing Sinbad's Adventures has a different, but not entirely different drawing style than Ohtaka's. I wonder if they know each other previously?

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I REALLY want to see is how powerful Aladdin is going to be once he gains his access to the Rukh. Seeing Morgianna's power up should be interesting too.

Mogamett is a great character, but with this war looming...I really hope that he doesn't die. I wonder if Yamu will end up making an appearance soon too?

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The war will be one sided IMO Magicians can't do anything with an army of Fanalis I am guessing that Alladin will do a talk no jutsu and hopefully they will become allies I love the characters at Magnoshutatt and Laem so hopefully they will not wipe each other out

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    What I REALLY want to see is how powerful Aladdin is going to be once he gains his access to the Rukh. Seeing Morgianna's power up should be interesting too.

Mogamett is a great character, but with this war looming...I really hope that he doesn't die. I wonder if Yamu will end up making an appearance soon too?
    alladin has not yet finished his studies right, he still does not have spells that combine several elements. but it relative terms his current abilities its comparable to a household vessel holder.

I really like the fact that you can see the 2 sides and understand the reasoning and motivation in their decisions unlike other manga whereby there are bad guys and the protagonist must beat them no question ask. I hope it resolves itself without crippling laem to such an extent kou can just advance and take over the whole world, but they have a civil war brewing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Mogamett surviving this conflict. I suspect that he'll sacrifice himself to save his people in some way.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    What's interesting is that no one seems to dislike him, despite all the hate he's shown towards the Goi. I actually like him to, despite knowing that he's wrong. He's such a caring character though and I guess he really did a lot for all the magicians. I've always had a thing for grey characters and I feel like Ohtaka did a wonderful job there. I just can't bring myself to dislike Mogamett D:

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought there would be so many Fanalis in Laem
    I wonder if the present conflict between Laem and Magnoshuttat will be an occasion for Aladdin to see Ali baba for the first time in ages. Like, if Ali baba becomes a member of the army or something like that ?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    I don't see Mogamett surviving this conflict. I suspect that he'll sacrifice himself to save his people in some way.
    I second this. But the one, who will succeed him is Titus. Once, he finds a spell or treatment to expand his lifespan. And I'm also looking forward to the upcoming war between Magnotuschatt and the Laem empire. Can't wait, for the reunion of Alladin and Alibaba they reunited once during a war. So it wouldn't be far-fetched to think, that they'll meet again. But this time, the circumstances will be slightly different due to them fighting on different camps.

Credits:Shinsatsu

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Titus is talented, but I doubt He can follow Mogamett. The guy is seriously powerful and has plenty of experience as a fighter, as it seems. I think there are some better fit candidates if He dies. Most probably if that happens things will turn ugly and Al-Sarmen will take over trough some infiltrator *coughobviouswomancough* and everything will be divided.
    I just hope that He doesn't die just yet.

But if He does, maybe Alibaba can welcome the Magician in Balbad? I know, maybe I'm being to far-fetched. But his kind of government is exactly what the Magician needs.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not that surprised to know that Magnoshuttat and Al Sarmen were allies before, its just that, Mogamett's reason for cutting the two countries' were because of his pride and principle of not serving under the Gois. Well, I'm kind of relieved that they were not allies anymore. But Mogamett said that he won't help or make magic tools for the Gois, but how come he considered selling magic items to other countries or to those that want/need them?

That epic moment, to see a whole army of Fanalis! (Morgianna, you're not alone!!) I never thought Mu is a dungeon capturer!! And I have always thought that Mu, Mor and Masrur could be related as siblings, but that's not applicable now.

I wonder if Aladdin would partake on to this war and help Mogamett or he would do something like what Baba did in order to prevent war from happening. My prediction is that he will "secretly" fly to Laem empire and have a talk with Scheherazade and stop the upcoming war, then he will meet Alibaba!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast