Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: The Kou Empire

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kou Empire

As we know there are some good and people mixed in with the Kou Empire, and even has someone, Kouen Ren, who can supposedly rival Sinbad.

Al Sarmen has a heavy hold over them, but will that remain? Al Sarmen by themselves seem to have a large amount of people, who are probably all relatively powerful, but I don't think they'll be able to control them for much longer. Hakuryuu wants to destroy the empire too, but will he succeed? Or will he, by doing that, make things even worse?

Discuss everything you want to about the Kou Empire and their complicated position.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Kou Empire

I think that the most wild card in the Kou empire right now is Gokyuen herself.
    Thus I don't think that Al Sarmen will leave the empire anytime soon and this because it would be unadvantageous for them to do so, considering their final objective.
    In any case I think that probably Kouen along with Hakuryuu and all those who are against Gokyuen will sart a civil war, obviously after the war which has just started.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alibaba 4 King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that Gyokuen is like Isnan and was around during the time of Solomon. She seems to be at the center of Al Sarmen but probably was corrupted by them somehow. She seems too twisted to have a normal evil character backstory.

My biggest question about the Kou Empire is the new royal family. They are an eastern country and yet the new ones have pink hair rather than black like the originals. I have been wondering for a while if the new royal family that Al Sarmen installed are part finalis. Al Sarmen seems like the type of group who would look to breed superior people. I also noticed that Kouen? the oldest who supposedly has three djinn has hair that is much less pink than the others which would correspond with the amount of magic power he needs to hold them.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba 4 King View Post
    I have a feeling that Gyokuen is like Isnan and was around during the time of Solomon. She seems to be at the center of Al Sarmen but probably was corrupted by them somehow. She seems too twisted to have a normal evil character backstory.

My biggest question about the Kou Empire is the new royal family. They are an eastern country and yet the new ones have pink hair rather than black like the originals. I have been wondering for a while if the new royal family that Al Sarmen installed are part finalis. Al Sarmen seems like the type of group who would look to breed superior people. I also noticed that Kouen? the oldest who supposedly has three djinn has hair that is much less pink than the others which would correspond with the amount of magic power he needs to hold them.
    The Kou siblings (Kouen, Koumei, Kouha, Kougyoku) have crimson hairs. hey're not actually pink in color. And their eyes must have been yellowish or gold in color. In the anime, Kougyoku has pink eye color... I wonder why?? But I don't think they'll be part Fanalis just because of their hair.

As for Gyokuen, I wonder if she's one of the pioneers of Al Sarmen, an official, or a tool that the Organization needed to make the Kou Empire or the Eastern country to be their nesting ground. I wonder if they have another headquarters...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

MUST.REVIVE.THREAD.

We've finally seen Kouen, Kouen and Kouha in action. They seemed not the total antagonist for me. My favorite among them is Kouha.

I also thought that at first, Kouha is the kind of guy that is bitter towards Kougyoku because she has a different origin among the other Kou siblings. But in the recent chapter, he did care for her,even sacrificing his own self just to save Kougyoku from that Medium. He took the fallen clans and the failures as part of his household and even gave them new set of clothes and got upset when they didn't use it. He's indeed befitting to be a King, but instead he chose to follow and be ruled by his brother.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know where to post this, so sorry if I made a mistake.
    Anyway I just wanted to confirm one thing......Koumei, Kouen, Kyogoku, Kouha and all the other princesses of the Kou empire, are the biological children of Gyokuen?
    I don't think they are, because Hakuryuu is clearly younger than Kouen...
    They have the same blood because of the fact that Hakuryuu's late father's brother was the father of Kouen and all the others right?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member darkdana666's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

No, none of the second emperor children were born by Gyokuen. En & Mei have the same mother. Ha's mother is some woman that later on went insane, Kougyoku's mother was some prostitute. I don't know about the other six princesses. But it is clearly stated that Gyokuen has only four kids. Haku children and Kou children are first cousins. Yes, because their fathers were brothers.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkdana666 View Post
    No, none of the second emperor children were born by Gyokuen. En & Mei have the same mother. Ha's mother is some woman that later on went insane, Kougyoku's mother was some prostitute. I don't know about the other six princesses. But it is clearly stated that Gyokuen has only four kids. Haku children and Kou children are first cousins. Yes, because their fathers were brothers.
    Thank you very much for clearing all of my doubts!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    MUST.REVIVE.THREAD.

We've finally seen Kouen, Kouen and Kouha in action. They seemed not the total antagonist for me. My favorite among them is Kouha.

I also thought that at first, Kouha is the kind of guy that is bitter towards Kougyoku because she has a different origin among the other Kou siblings. But in the recent chapter, he did care for her,even sacrificing his own self just to save Kougyoku from that Medium. He took the fallen clans and the failures as part of his household and even gave them new set of clothes and got upset when they didn't use it. He's indeed befitting to be a King, but instead he chose to follow and be ruled by his brother.
    I like ren kouen, he would probably actually be a great emporer

i am hoping he joins the fight against hakuryuus mother

New Reply