Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Odds of Infinite Genjutsu being cast next chapter...

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably

5 23.81%
  • 50/50

3 14.29%
  • Unlikely

13 61.90%
New Reply

Thread: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 612 The Shinobi Alliance Jutsu

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 612 The Shinobi Alliance Jutsu

"This war of words is clearly futile. Let's finish this."
    Madara Uchiha

There was no poll last week, so let's get straight to it...

Naruto 612 The Shinobi Alliance Jutsu
    The images in this review are credited to Mangastream.

Kishimoto delivered a chapter this week that features plenty of fighting and jutsu, but doesn't really push the plot forward until the end. Obito and Naruto argue some more before the action starts. Most notable here is Obito's adamance that Naruto will eventually fail in the same ways he did as a shinobi, seemingly not taking into account their differing personalities and motivations. In the end, they both agree that the truth of the world will be decided by the victor which brings us to...

The coordinated Allied attack that effectively disables the Ten-Tails with a plan Shukaku was cooking up while Naruto bought them some time. First the allies blind the Ten-Tails with lightening release jutsu under the guise of blinding their enemies eyes. The allies further impair the Ten-Tails visibility by combining storm release, Hidden Mist, bug jamming, and Hidden Sand wind release jutsu.

Madara and Obito aren't particularly disturbed by this development. They figure that a blind Ten-Tails run rampant can still trample the army. Only, the Allies aren't done yet. They restrict the beasts movements with some earth element jutsu and congealed magma.

The Allies plan is a resounding success. With the beast temporarily encased in cement, that should delay the activation of its genjutsu and allow them time to deal with Madara and Obito properly. Madara they plan to hit with their best taijutsu since he's immune to regular ninjutsu and Obito they plan to hit with continuous attacks that exhaust the 5 minute limit of his space-time ninjutsu. Of course, all of this isn't taking into account Izanagi, which at the cost of an eye would be able to negate any setbacks. And regardless, the effort is for naught because the Ten-Tail is already reaching maturity.

While not flawless, the action this chapter was generally well executed with Kishimoto showing off a variety of jutsu and characters. There's nothing super flashy here, but the action is easy to follow, the speedlines aren't overly excessive, and there are bird's eye view shots a plenty to properly communicate the scale of the fight. The downside of being a competently drawn but not spectacular chapter is that none of the images really sticks to the mind. To wit, I actually don't have a favorite panel or piece of art from the chapter.

This was a pretty great chapter, yet a little disappointing in that the cliffhanger suggests the assembled Allied Forces have already finished their turn in the spotlight. We saw hear how effective the army can be when they coordinate their attacks, which was great. Long time readers of my reviews will know that I enjoy a fight that's not only adrenaline pumping but smartly fought by the characters. I would love for Kishimoto and prove me wrong with a couple of chapters for some of the individuals in the mix to get moments to themselves. More Sakura. More Shikamaru. More Hyuugas. More Sai. There's so many characters we haven't really checked in with after the opening salvos of this war.

That said, I rather enjoyed Naruto 612, which is why it gets a ...

4 out of 5

Predictions

Well, depending on what Madara means by “maturing”, it looks like my previous prediction will come true. Much as I’d like for Sakura to get a turn in the sun, I’m kind of anxious to see this perfect world Obito and Madara dream up, because I get the feeling we’ll only ever find out what really happened to Rin once that illusion breaks.

One Line Reviews
    • One Piece 691 ends on a great note but doesn't quite equal the excellence of the previous chapter. But in fairness, it's hard to top Law's comeback against Vergo.
    • Bleach 519 continues the info dump on the Spirit Palace and ends with the Spirit King awakening, mixing some humor and light-hearted moments in between all the explanation.
    • Things get more interesting in Tower of God S02Ch41. Baam's team passes their 28th floor test but a chance sighting of 'The Devil of the Right Hand' brings Baam and his friends closer towards meeting.
    • But which one was the Best of the Week? It's a toughie since all my regular series were solid but not spectacular issues. I'd give the slight edge this week to Naruto 612 for so efficiently utilizing the Allied Shinobi Forces.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 612 The Shinobi Alliance Jutsu

thanks black. as you said,I go straight to the point : imo,in the analysis you overlooked an important aspect of your own analysis: surely the alliance creepy nay,pathetic (as madara said), move didn't take into account izanagi,but it's also true that they can't use it right now: danzo choose not to use izanagi against sasuke,if it had meant losing shisui's hax eye. for the same reason,obito used to get around with another sharingan, in case of using it if he had to. cause he MUSTN'T lose his own ms. we still don't know if the rinnegan can be used,but I doubt madara will tank the side effects,as itachi (who was a zombie as well) lost the eye by using izanami nonetheless. so izanagi is out of the way . but kakashi's kamui is there for that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , I think Izanagi won't seal Rinnegan or EMS , but only has some cool down time ......... after all , Ruckodo use Izangai to created bijue and after that , he had his Rinnegan ......
    خداحافظ

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    Well , I think Izanagi won't seal Rinnegan or EMS , but only has some cool down time ......... after all , Ruckodo use Izangai to created bijue and after that , he had his Rinnegan ......
    I thought it was yin-yang release
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    hory shet! I didn't think about that... uhm,it may be that way. yet,surely they won't use izanagi to escape the 5 minutes (which are useless). but kakashi should just go to the kamui dimension and then defeat obito!

New Reply