Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is Magi's last boss?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sinbad

6 40.00%
  • David

8 53.33%
  • Gyokuen

3 20.00%
  • Illa

3 20.00%
  • Solomon

2 13.33%
  • Other

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi's last boss?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi's last boss?

So I was inspired by a thread on Baidu. Basically who do you think will be the last boss at the end of the manga?Feel free to vote for your candidates and explain why you think they would be the final antagonist of the series.
    I choose Sinbad and David.Some may argue that these two could be the same person, but for the sake of this game and because it wasn't confirmed I will treat them as two separate people.
    Sinbad because the author gave us hints about him being not really a good guy, and given that he's half fallen he could be threat to the world if he ever falls completely into depravity. And he's basically the only guy in the new world with enough power and influence that could become a real threat if he were to switch sides and become an antagonist to the main characters, even Kouen isn't much of a threat compared to him because I think he's more straightforward.As for David while he may be dead, I fear that it's not the last time we hear from him. He might have fused with Illa like some have suggested, or he might have become something even higher than Illa. He's 10 times more dangerous than Sinbad, when you realize how he managed to trick everyone to get what he wanted .
    PS: I put Solomon there because I think a face-off between Aladdin and him would be interesting. Besides what if Solomon isn't really a victim and he's wrong about all this?
    Last edited by ladylola; June 29, 2014 at 09:53 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member minette's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi's last boss?

Ka Kobun Just wait

Seriously tho, I think destiny will be Magi's last boss.

3. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeah destiny. But we could say that David is one of destiny's agents in a way.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinbad, despite being an half-fallen, doesn't give me the vibes of a villain and thus of a final boss....
    His way of defending what he cares about sure is a bit.....controversial....but not entirely evil.
    Gyokuen is really evil, but in my opinion she's another victim of fate, like Mogamett was, so I don't see her becoming the final boss.
    Solomon, well, I really can't see it happening; he might have failed creating his utopia, but this doesn't make him evil or arrogant.
    In conclusion, considering that Illa is just a condensed mass of magic without a consciousness, David is the only one who right now has all the elements typical of a final boss.
    So my answer would be David, but who knows....the manga hasn't ended yet, so we might be able to see another person playing the part of the big bad.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Illa. Because no matter who it is, they will try to fuse or become him IMO, it was David's goal.

Oddly I am thinking of Hakuryuu's too. His hatred is clearly the lost intense in their known world, he is like Ali's evil counterpart, reminding of him in the past and Kassim and Gyokuen sees him as a pawn.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Sinbad, despite being an half-fallen, doesn't give me the vibes of a villain and thus of a final boss....
    His way of defending what he cares about sure is a bit.....controversial....but not entirely evil.
    Gyokuen is really evil, but in my opinion she's another victim of fate, like Mogamett was, so I don't see her becoming the final boss.
    Solomon, well, I really can't see it happening; he might have failed creating his utopia, but this doesn't make him evil or arrogant.
    In conclusion, considering that Illa is just a condensed mass of magic without a consciousness, David is the only one who right now has all the elements typical of a final boss.
    So my answer would be David, but who knows....the manga hasn't ended yet, so we might be able to see another person playing the part of the big bad.
    I'm assuming we're half way through the manga, and since she introduced David now, and gave us his memorandum, I guess it would make sense for him to be the final boss. Him and Illa could be watching as Aladdin and the others are struggling to achieve peace in the new world, but we all know that's not gonna happen. I'd say it would be weird if she introduced another villain other than David, unless of course it's destiny itself like Minette suggested.BTW this is a multiple choice poll so you can choose more than one option.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I like David and think there's a good chance of him being a huge enemy at the end, I don't want him to be the final boss because I want it to be someone from Solomon's world. The same goes for Gyokuen and Illa, I think she will be involved with helping realize the final enemy's goals either willingly or unwilling and I think Illa is a just a mindless lump of energy meant to be exploited unfortunately. I really think Sinbad has the best chance of being the final enemy, there are just a ton more interesting things about him right now and he's had more than enough character development to see what kind of man he is. Plus there's his weird...I guess you could dissatisfaction at the mere mention of Solomon's name. A Magi villain at this point is pretty much required to have been super good at one point in their lives lol so that at their defeat they can seem redeemable, so i'm fine with him being an enemy. Plus the story is always moving towards an idea where there should not be one powerful king and Sinbad's existence, even when ignoring his alliance, is a threat to that idea since he hold that special role of being a singularity.

And lol at the lack of Kouen on that list, I guess it's pretty obvious now that despite being an awesome character he's not going to be the final enemy.
    Last edited by obamamania; June 30, 2014 at 09:54 AM.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    A Magi villain at this point is pretty much required to have been super good at one point in their lives lol so that at their defeat they can seem redeemable
    But Sinbad was never super good, even when he was teen he was manipulative and power hungry. And there is nothing in his past that explains his nature. To be honest I actually like it, it sets him apart from the rest of the antagonist.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

And lol at the lack of Kouen on that list, I guess it's pretty obvious now that despite being an awesome character he's not going to be the final enemy.
    Yeah I don't see Kouen as a villain. Maybe at first when we didn't know much about the Kou empire, but now I can see him actually listening to Aladdin and not starting a war. Hakuryuu on the other hand could have been on the list now that I think about it.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

And Judal too

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minette View Post
    But Sinbad was never super good, even when he was teen he was manipulative and power hungry. And there is nothing in his past that explains his nature. To be honest I actually like it, it sets him apart from the rest of the antagonist.
    What do you mean by there being nothing in his past to explain his nature? I think we have a very basic understanding of what will end up happening between where his prequel and the main manga end up. There is either one incident that causes him to fall/hurts Sindria, or these are two seperate incidents that help shape the king he is now. Plus of course his struggles with Partevia as a child and beyond. I think the young Sinbad, while having those power hungry tendencies, does not yet have the dark side his adult version does. He wants power for a naive dream just like Solomon did, but he's going to go through hell and realize that he needs to become something he never intended to be just like Solomon. Along the way he's probably going to get tidbits of info about Alma Toran and Solomon through Yunan, Al Thamen, and perhaps others, and while he won't have the information thirst Kouen does he'll still have an interest in those mysteries when he sees an opportunity to learn about them. Another problem with Sinbad is that he doesn't have a Sheba/Arba duo to keep him in check (not that this helped Solomon, the world still blew up) and instead of making one big mistake that causes a catastrophe in the end he's basically built up a system based around himself that is slowly leading towards whatever negative things may come. He sees his generals as subordinates, and that's not good. He's always seen them that way, as you said, but I think the problem with that is worse now that he's become the man he is with his shady goals.

And I like Hakuryuu but right now it's likely that what's he's doing is all for the sake of crushing Al Thamen and his mother, and that Judal is using him for something as well. Those two could easily be operating seperately from the main story right now, it's hard to say what they're really up to. We may learn very soon once this flashback is over...
    Last edited by obamamania; June 30, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinbad should be seen as an antihero. He is not bad but his methods are questionable sometimes, the 3 main characters are too good in comparison, take Hakuryuu for example, can you really say that killing Umm Madaura was bad? I don't think so and yet he was despised by brainwashed children for that, but there were other means.

The worst things Sinbad did is manipulating the others like pawns, while some of them are despicable and frightening(I still don't like what he is doing to Yamraiha even if she is OK with that), it was for the greater good or the interest of his Kingdom.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by there being nothing in his past to explain his nature? .
    I was talking about SnB Sinbad. Pretty much all the characters who fell into depravity had a backstory which explained their current personalities Cassim, Dunya Mogamett, judal etc. Just look at Falan , she was a cutie pie back then, now is a massive bitch ( like every member of Al Tharmen)

In Sinbad's case it's not like that, he was already this way when he was a teen (not to the same extent but that's only natural). There is nothing in his childhood that explains his manipulative tendencies or the way he sees other people as pawns (this was pretty obvious during Valefor arc and Muu mentioned not long ago that it was almost impossible to have an equal relationship with Sinbad too).

These aspects of his personality were always there and they aren't the result of a sad backstory or a tragic event or anything like that. I actually like this more than the way Ohtaka usually does it, as it makes characters a little more human, he isn't really that bad now and he wasn't that good then.
    Last edited by minette; June 30, 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minette View Post
    I was talking about SnB Sinbad. Pretty much all the characters who fell into depravity had a backstory which explained their current personalities Cassim, Dunya Mogamett, judal etc. Just look at Falan , she was a cutie pie back then, now is a massive bitch ( like every member of Al Tharmen)

In Sinbad's case it's not like that, he was already this way when he was a teen (not to the same extent but that's only natural). There is nothing in his childhood that explains his manipulative tendencies or the way he sees other people as pawns (this was pretty obvious during Valefor arc and Muu mentioned not long ago that it was almost impossible to have an equal relationship with Sinbad too).

These aspects of his personality were always there and they aren't the result of a sad backstory or a tragic event or anything like that. I actually like this more than the way Ohtaka usually does it, as it makes characters a little more human, he isn't really that bad now and he wasn't that good then.
    I think you're too harsh on him, especially his SnB version. While it may be true that he viewed Jaafar and the others as subordinates, and not friends, he genuinely wants them to have a place of their own, and not waste their lives for countries who couldn't care less whether they live or die. From the start his goal was to change the way things were, but then he realized that the only way to do that is to gather as much power as you can. That's why he went to conquer the dungeon, to get the power of a king. While his ways are disgusting, I think they have more to do with whatever tragic events happened in the past that made him change his mind about what he should do with the power he has. I believe in the past he felt that everyone deserves to have their own freedom, but after that certain event perhaps he decided that it's best to spy on people, to be able to predict what would happen in a way, and frankly while it may be more disturbing because there's mind control involved, that is no different than what our countries do on a daily basis, to prevent terrorism and what not. That said, I think his personality is like that even as a kid because deep down he knows he's different than the others, and for that he sees others as his subordinates rather than his friends, especially after he conquered his first dungeon. You could say he has a superiority complex, but he's always cool with people, and I'm pretty sure that he'd feel really bad if one of his subordinates died. Masrur's words to Morgiana may be a hint to what actually happened back then, that it's prolly one of Sin's subordinates who died, and I think it could very well be the duo Mahad and Vittel.
    Now about him becoming an antagonist, I think it has more to do with learning the truth about Alma Toran and specifically Solomon. Maybe he'll realize what his mission is, just like David did.
    About Judal and Hakuryuu, I think they're just going to be the reason behind the events that will unfold, like obamamania said, and not actually be the final antagonists. Maybe they'll crash the party at the summit and kill a few people, effectively ruining all of Aladdin and Yunan's efforts.
    Last edited by ladylola; June 30, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Yunan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, idk. I see Sinbad as more of an antihero than anything so him being the final boss is... questionable. Gyokuen also seems more like a "midway boss" so to speak (haha) so my choices lean towards David or Illa.

..geez, I'd hope it isn't Sinbad. Now I can't stop thinking about it.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast