Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is/are your Favorite King Candidate?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alibaba Saluja

9 45.00%
  • Sinbad

6 30.00%
  • Ren Kouen

4 20.00%
  • Ren Koumei

2 10.00%
  • Ren Kouha

3 15.00%
  • Ren Hakuryuu

1 5.00%
  • Re Hakuei

7 35.00%
  • Ren Kougyoku

2 10.00%
  • Muu Alexius

3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite king candidate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Your favorite king candidate

So I always wondered among the king candidates that were presented so far, which one do you think will make a good King, or the one true king that will unite the world. You can chose up to three candidates, since it's not easy to chose between all of them. Also you have to explain why you think that person would make a good king.
    Here's my top 3
    1-Alibaba
    Why Alibaba?In the Balbadd arc he didn't knew what he wanted, but now he has matured. His household respects him and trusts him. Not just that but his vision of the world seems to me more attractive that Kouen's and Sinbad's. He truly cares for Balbadd, and wants to do whatever he can to make things right.He might sound a bit naive but he's building up to be a very good king, or whatever he'll become in Balbadd.
    2-Sinbad: this was a really tough one. Normally I'd have chosen him over Alibaba, but after the last events I can't say for sure if I approve of his methods. Aside that fact, he's the perfect king candidate, he's charismatic and he wishes to change the world in a way.He took on refugees and gave them a shelter. And after what happened in SnB you can't just hate him, even if he did some questionable things.
    3-Ren Kouha: he's the type of guy who takes monsters who had been rejected by everyone, to dress them and bandage them and make them part of his household. Whether he did it because he's eccentric or because he really cares, the fact is his household is very loyal to him. And I'd rather have someone like him at the head of the Kou empire than someone like Kouen.
    So what are your top 3 ?
    Last edited by ladylola; April 02, 2014 at 04:15 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member KugiPunch's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favorite king candidate

My first choice would have to be Alibaba. The main reason I think he would make a great King is because he is selfless. He does not care if he has to suffer for others sake, but a the same time he isn't reckless. Also I like how human he is, he has doubts, he often over thinks and he just wants to find a purpose, how is someone gonna know how to solve the problems of the world if they never tackled many problems with themselves?

My other choice is Hakuei. Hakuei has shown to be a very kind person and much like Alibaba very selfless. She doesn't just want to see a world rule by one king but she wants to see a rule brought in par with kindness so that no grudges are left. It doesn't hurt either that she is incredibly wise for her age, wisdom and kindness are no doubt a trait any good King(in this case Queen) must have.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuusu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was hard for me to answer this since a lot of my favorite characters aren't necessarily my favorite king candidates and vice versa.

Hakuei is my favorite and in my opinion the ideal king candidate; she's highly intelligent and yet has not resort to using sly methods to win people over. She's pacifist, but isn't afraid to kick someone's a$$ if they go too far. And lastly she's genuinely kind in a very motherly sort of fashion. I can clearly see why the Kouga clan warmed up to her is such a short time period.

I have a hard time deciding between Kouen and Sinbad since they have similar qualities, but a huge negative as well; Sinbad has lately been shown to be a very sneaky person (though I do acknowledge the fact that Kouen is using both Alibaba and his own sister as means to get Aladdin on his side) and I truly wonder if he's willing to wait until the world is almost destroyed and manipulate people like Kougyoku for the sake of his county then exactly how low could he go for that purpose? I feel that more shocking revelations about him will be revealed later in the story. As for Kouen, he uses tyrannical methods, such as forced homogeneity, to achieve his goals. Even if it was Koumei's idea, it would have been impossible without Kouen's manpower.
    Last edited by Ryuusu; April 02, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakuei and Kouha are the best, Hakuei especially, she is the ideal, strong, kind understanding, smart and can use force when she doesn't have the choice. Kouha for the reason already cited.
    My 3rd choice is Sinbad too, the problem is that he is too pragmatic. Until Alibaba shows he can be a king a little more sly(yes I find it necessary) and not only a good king caring for everyone, he won't be an ideal choice for me.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kouha and Alibaba are great even though Kouha has the least likelihood to actually be a king, but Kouen has been growing on me. His personality is great, and his goals are based on more than just personal ambition. I'm troubled by the endgame of his unification, but he's top-tier as a leader and respected a great general and not an absolute tyrant. I also don't like the way his subordinates are allowed to act in Balbadd, but in the end there's only so much you can control with such as vast governing body.

Sinbad would be high on my list, but I sometimes see it as "here are the king's candidates, and then here's Sinbad in a class of his own". Sinbad isn't anyone's candidate for king and even Yunan, the one responsible for this, doesn't trust him. I like him a lot as a character, but he's done too many things that tarnish his image, and there are a ton of things regarding his alliance and kingdom that don't make sense. I don't mean that in a way of bad storytelling, I mean it in a way of saying all of it is being held together by much more than meets the eye. You don't end up in such a powerful alliance simply with the principle of "don't invade and don't be invaded" simply because you like each other, plus Sinbad's top generals are all exiles from these nations...
    Last edited by obamamania; April 03, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey can I recast my vote? I didn't notice it was a multiple choice poll.Thanks.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Hey can I recast my vote? I didn't notice it was a multiple choice poll.Thanks.
    Uhhh... No? Sorry I don't know how to change or redo the voting.. I can only add choices so.. sorry

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok no problem. Too bad for Sinbad

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the one who is fitting to be king (or rather queen) is Hakuei. She is smart, can move people`s heart, pacifist but not hesitate to use violence when its necessary. She not plotting like Sinbad nor treat other like sh*t like Kouen. She is strong, confident and yet full of compassion, thou she doesn`t show any for her enemies. Alibaba could fit to, but his lack of confidence and indecision makes me think he wouldn`t be good, at least not for now.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Hakuei is great, I always seem to overlook her since her personal arc was so long ago. I guess my problem is that she is too kindhearted for the world they are in and someone like her would be great as an emerging leader towards the end of the conflict. And I wouldn't say that she doesn't show compassion for her enemies, because everyone that isn't currently with Kou is technically their enemy even if it has not yet been declared. She chooses to show compassion for the enemy first to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, unless of course the enemy is a monster like the medium. That's why she was so troubled by Hakuryuu's disgusting tactics who is clearly the WORST candidate for king at the moment. Nervas>Hakuryuu right now, how sad is that.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, Hakuryuu is soo into revenge right now that its not making him best candidate for king. Another, but placed highter than him would be Kugyouku, since she is totally lack of confidence, somewhat lack of Hakuei`s grace, wisdom and leadership abilty (thou she seem to be stronger than her). Hakuei kindehearted? I don`t think so, she is not that kind of naive idealist. But I guess perfect candidate doesn`t exist, therefore they should switch to democracy and choose Obama

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 0Yun0's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Nervas>Hakuryuu right now, how sad is that.
    Truer words have never been spoken. Hakuryuu needs to get a hold of himself

IMO, Alibaba is the best king candidate, at least right now. Sinbad is out of question for reasons that everyone who reads the manga already know, and the people from the Kou Empire are too extremist. However, this is a subjective topic and I already know some people that believe that a society like the one in Brave New World is the best option for any kind of world.

In my opinion, Alibaba is the best right now because he thinks about his people (something the world of Magi is in need, really lol ) and thinks about the circustances and consequences of his decisions. He still have long ways to go to be a good ruler but he is younger than Kouen and Sinbad. He will grow up and be a good king someday

I kind of gave my vote for a lot of people in the poll, even Mu. As a fangirl, I have no shame.
    Last edited by 0Yun0; April 04, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, what qualities of a King Candidate are you looking for? Was is in terms of power? Charisma? tactics? passion?...

For me, this one is a really difficult question to be answered. We have our own ideals about what and how should a King candidate be... Sinbad and Kouen are two great characters that have their own way of shaping up their country, and both are willing to dirty their hands in order to accomplish their goals.

To me, the King candidates that I've seen really worthy of the title are Alibaba, Kouha, Hakuei and Muu Alexius.

Why Muu Alexius? Muu is able to rescue and give aid to his fellow Fanalis, and even made them as part of their army. Plus, even though he was able to visit the Fanalis homeland and meet the rest of the clan, he didn't abandoned Scheherazade. I think Muu is only blinded by the ideals and principles that the Reim has been running for such a long time. Others may call him a traitor to Sinbad because he had made a secret alliance with the Kou empire, but this is just his way of ensuring the safety of his motherland. He doesn't seem to be the man that will gather all the powers he could use and use them against the enemy someday like what Sinbad is currently doing. I'm sure, if only Muu is released from this long time ideals that has been taught to him, and he was able to make decisions and ideals, he will be a great man worthy for a title such as a King.
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; April 04, 2014 at 09:55 PM.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to be a traitor of Sindria, you have to assume that Sindria is an honest broker to begin with lol. Muu is smart and knows that being friendly with Sindria is smart, however forming a full-fledged alliance may not be best for Reim. I do agree that if he gets a final resolution to his inner conflicts regarding his heritage and allegiances to Reim, he'd be a great king.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if Mu is that clever, simply because I don't see the point in joining Kouen, who obviously will try to invade Reim whenever he'll get the chance . Kouen can be manipulative just like Sinbad,maybe not as much as him, but the thing with Alibaba is a proof, so it wouldn't surprise me if he changes his alliance with Mu in the future. By "betraying" Sindria ,Mu only managed to buy some time till he figures out what he'll do for Reim.
    Don't get me wrong I like Mu. He's a good general and person in general, but he sucks at politics.I don't see him becoming the next emperor of Reim, and even less the king that will unite the world.
    As for the other kings, I saw that a lot of people are routing for Hakuei, but just like obamamania I don't find her very realistic. She's kind hearted and all, but she seems to think that everything will be fine, and she's ok with some of the controversial things that Kouen and Koumei did, like the massive brainwashing of Balbadd's citizens. Also I'm pretty sure that if she had no other choice but to fight the Kouga she would have done it.I'm basing this on the fact that she's a general of Kou, and as such they expect results. If she had failed in convincing the Kouga to join without bloodshed, do you think she'd have abandoned her mission? I don't think so, especially because she'd do anything to please Kouen. I do realize that she really thinks that he's a good king, not just because of some infatuation from her part. But sometimes I wonder if the Kouga joined because they truly believe they can fit in the Kou empire, or is it just out of loyalty to her? The way the guys from the Kou empire refer to the Kouga clan as savages makes me think that they won't fit in perfectly in Kou.
    Plus I'm pretty sure that Hakuei will die by the hands of her mother to fuel Hakuryuu's hatred even more, and make him fall into depravity.So I wouldn't chose her.But right now she's the best female king candidate, or queen, way ahead than Kougyoku, who is even more likely to have a tragic end.
    Last edited by ladylola; April 05, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast