Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The number 5 - Play of numbers or does it have a meaning?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The number 5 - Play of numbers or does it have a meaning?

Ichi(1)-go(5)

I think 5 is just a good balanced comp for any team.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Also: Kyoraku, Rose, Shinji, Kenpachi and Ukitake. 5 current Captains who have yet to show their bankai.
    P.S. And this is also my 5th post on this forum x)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Before Masaki's death, Kurosaki family consisted of five people

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

... wow, that's a lot more 5's, I wonder how many more hidden 5 symbolisms there are in the manga.

There is also this one, Ichigo seems to have 5 friends, each seem to have a unique power in Bleach, in all making op the 5 types of Souls we know.

Orihime - Human
    Uryu - Quincy
    Rukia - Shinigami
    Chad - Fullbring
    Grimjow - Hollow

I would almost suspect that since Ichigo seems to hold all 5 powers on his own, that he becomes the knew Soul King, although I don't really like the idea at the moment.
    In that sense, Ichigo's friends could get one of the 5 Royal Cities each, and each city reflecting a type of Soul, creating a balance in the Bleach verse, with a Soul King of all Souls, and not just Shinigami, having 5 Leaders/Warriors from each type of Soul.

Far fetched ... xD But it does kinda add up... which is the awkward part....

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also Grimjow wanted to become King so badly, yet Ichigo tought him that he couldn't become King if he killed all his followers.
    It changed Grimjow's perception of the world, and possibly Grimjow now both respects Ichigo, but also consider him a Rival.

But Grimjow becoming a Royal Guard below Ichigo, would actually make Grimjows dream come true. Grimjow doesn't seem to want to be King of the Souls, but on the other hand, he really wants to be King of HM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow being Ichigo's friend is just a stretch for theory to make sense. If you can't prove a theory, assume, make up, and stretch. I could say, that Haschwald is Ichigo's friend, because he wants to beat him badly.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Grimmjow being Ichigo's friend is just a stretch for theory to make sense. If you can't prove a theory, assume, make up, and stretch. I could say, that Haschwald is Ichigo's friend, because he wants to beat him badly.
    Hold it right there, I simply can't agree.
    Grimjow is potentially the best friend he has, among Hollows, mind you. You see, there is quite a difference, ain't there? ;-)
    Nel is more a child when it comes to this.

The theory is based on the best friend he has from each Soul type, I'm not forcing Grimjow to be Ichigo's friend to make the theory work, in fact, it makes very much sense if you try to think about it.

Don't say Grimjow and Ichigo can't be friends after the Touché Ichigo gave Grimjow, it went straight into Grimjows head. Ichigo had an affect on Grimjows biggest dream to become King of HM, surely that has to have hit Grimjow emotionally for Ichigo to change how he percieve his biggest dream, the very dream he's living and fighting for.
    If Grimjow accepted those words that easily on an dream so important to him, then that means he respects Ichigo. He didn't in the beginning, but after their battle fighting as equals until the end, and after those words, then I find it likely that they grew emotionally on each others, although still rivals in a sense.

Ichigo changed a great many people by fighting them, and eventually became friends with many of them. One of the most noteable are Zaraki (Wishing to be stronger for the first time since he fought Unuhana), Byakuya (That Law isn't always right, it freed him from his chackles) and Grimjow (Not to abandone/kill his followers, a King is no King without subjects).
    The others he fought didn't change that much, perhaps Ulq did, but ye, he died anyway.

So yes, this is a very valid theory, will you give it some space? Thank You.

Also seriously, this thory is not stretched, it makes perfect sense. PLEASE try understand the theory before you call bullshit, you got it all wrong, you didn't even understand it.
    It's the same as saying, (lets pick an easy name), Einstein was wrong before anyone has read his theory on General Relativity. I mean come on, please read again. You didn't understand it, so don't call bullshit, mmkay? ;-)

Also Grimjow and Ichigo being on good terms is pretty given at this point, do you even want proof for that?
    Last edited by Quantized; July 05, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Hold it right there, I simply can't agree.
    Grimjow is potentially the best friend he has, among Hollows, mind you. You see, there is quite a difference, ain't there? ;-)
    Nel is more a child when it comes to this.
    Grimmjow a friend? He has Nel, Dondonchakka, Pesche, Shirosaki. Grimmjow is not his friend. He just wants be the one to beat the shit out of him. It's almost like Kenpachi and Byakuya. They're not by any means friends.

And I did read it. It's like looking for numbers in 2Pac's death or Jean Paul II's death. If you look, you'll find it. Ichigo got trashed by Espada 5, coincidence? The traitor- Aizen, was from the 5th squad. 5 people assaulted SS in SS arc (Uryu, Chad, Ichigo, Ganju, Yoruichi). And I didn't even try... Don't look for symbolism everywhere. Some people even said, that them spliting the sky in SS arc was "foreshadowing" of VR's assault. Why? Because it looked somehow like a cross... You're reading to much into it. And you take pleasure in making up crazy theories, that have little to do with common sense and manga.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Grimmjow a friend? He has Nel, Dondonchakka, Pesche, Shirosaki. Grimmjow is not his friend. He just wants be the one to beat the shit out of him. It's almost like Kenpachi and Byakuya. They're not by any means friends.

And I did read it. It's like looking for numbers in 2Pac's death or Jean Paul II's death. If you look, you'll find it. Ichigo got trashed by Espada 5, coincidence? The traitor- Aizen, was from the 5th squad. 5 people assaulted SS in SS arc (Uryu, Chad, Ichigo, Ganju, Yoruichi). And I didn't even try... Don't look for symbolism everywhere. Some people even said, that them spliting the sky in SS arc was "foreshadowing" of VR's assault. Why? Because it looked somehow like a cross... You're reading to much into it. And you take pleasure in making up crazy theories, that have little to do with common sense and manga.
    Oki, listen buddy, first of all, you're rude, I can only give you back what you deserve.
    What you do to others, you shall recieve, an eye for an eye.

Now second of all, I'm pretty darn tired, I'm working on my exams on my Bachelor, so mind you, I got many other more important things to think about than you, so the second post I just wrote out fast and hit enter, yes, I made a mistake, but you didn't even realize that, did you?

So let me CLARIFY for you in DETAILS, "Best Friend" is not even important to the theory to begin with. Heck it can be anyone on good terms with Ichigo.
    The very fact you din not realize my mistake to my own theory, just proves you have no overview in the first place.

That does not change however, that I find Grimjow much more friendship potential than any other hollow, even Nel. Friends need something in common, and be on good terms.
    Grimjow wants to fight Ichigo, sure, but I doubt he wants to kill him anymore, it's similar to Zaraki's relationship with Ichigo, but for different drives behind it.
    So yeah, they're likely on good terms, I can't see it any different, this is not some Seinen manga, it's a freaking Shounen, it's also meant to educate children with good values in life.
    If you want to make Bleach into a complex roman story, or a seinen, then you're clearly off the path of a Shounen manga.

So if you want to go and call it far fetced that Ichigo and Grimjow are getting along, then go ahead, your loose. Again, shounen often educate children and teenagers, Bleach no less, so go figure what will happen to Ichigo and Grimjow, who obviously will meet again.

Also for the love of God, if there even is one, be open minded.
    If the only reason you disagree about the theory is cause Grimjow wants to battle or hurt Ichigo, then that's your opinion.

Your opinion is not fact, so stop trying to make it so.
    Now please stop there, you disagree, that's fine, it's your opinion, but please be polite and have manners next time, alright? Now it's time to return to my studies, I would be pleased not having to answer you again on this matter, Thank You.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, the only thing that you COULD consider "rude" is saying your theories have little to do with logic and manga. If it's rude for you, then I have no questions. Your mentality is like that of a 14 year old. World won't welcome you with open arms. There are people who disagree and don't like your strange theories. And this "theory" is just looking to much into it. I wrote additional things with "5" in it, that you would consider "symbolism" if it was you who found it.

Being open minded and defying simple logic are 2 different things. I don't know what Bachelor exams you're preparing to, but you better start studying instead of writing there. Even in first post there are just writing everything that comes on your mind. There are currently 4 Noble Houses. But no, there were 5, in the past, symbolism! There are 5 RG, ok. But then you write about 5 cities in Royal Palace. Symbolism! Well, every city is one RG's so if there were number different than 5 I'd be surprised...

Also, saying Orihime's power are coming from being human... bullshit IMO. Why? Because Quincies are humans too. And making "human" different category would require that human to be normal, without being a Quincy or FB, thus, without powers.

And you forgot liiiiittle detail.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-12-6/b...chapter-5.html

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soul Society has four clear paths that lead to the the Seireitei, making it the fifth point. North, south, east, west, center.

"TV taught me how to feel, now real life has no appeal."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^A little off topic, but I don't think Grimmjow is any closer to being friends with Ichigo. The first thing he did after hearing Ichigo's little speech was yell "Fuck you!". He was about to reject everything Ichigo just said before Nnoitra interrupted. Actually, I always though Ichigo's speech was a bit funny given how he wouldn't give up after Ulquiorra roughed him up even worse than he did Grimmjow, but anyway...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    ^^^^A little off topic, but I don't think Grimmjow is any closer to being friends with Ichigo. The first thing he did after hearing Ichigo's little speech was yell "Fuck you!". He was about to reject everything Ichigo just said before Nnoitra interrupted. Actually, I always though Ichigo's speech was a bit funny given how he wouldn't give up after Ulquiorra roughed him up even worse than he did Grimmjow, but anyway...
    But think about all of Ichigo's friends from SS beside Rukia, he was once enemies with all of them. Hell, he fought in death matches with the likes of Kenpachi, Byakuya and Renji.

Grimmjow is now on his side and they are fighting for the same thing. I can see their relationship being much like his and Renji's, a rivalry that takes a backseat until the looming problem at hand is taken care of.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    But think about all of Ichigo's friends from SS beside Rukia, he was once enemies with all of them. Hell, he fought in death matches with the likes of Kenpachi, Byakuya and Renji.
    But noone there was his real enemy. Renji and Byakuya wanted to rescue Rukia but didn't want to fight the system. Renji was too weak, Byakuya was a noble. Their goal was the same and their fight just made them understand how they should go about things. Kenpachi was NEVER Ichigo's enemy. He just wanted to fight someone strong. That's all. He couldn't fight captains, so ryoka was perfect. And after that he helped Orihime, fought 2 captains and helped to save Rukia in his own way. But Grimmjow was enemy, he had motive to be enemy, did horrible things to Ichigo that made him his enemy number one during pre-HM and HM arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There are several occurances of the number 5 in Bleach, and I think they may eventually be revealed to be connected...

Firstly, we have the 5 Royal Guards, which I believe is also connected to the 5 Special War Potentials. IMO, if Juhabach intends to overthrow the Spirit King, the 5 SWPs will replace the current Royal Guard members.

Then we have 5 main races in Bleach (I'm not including hybrids or sub-races here); Human (including Pluses), Hollow, Shinigami, Quincy and Transcendental (although technically not a race, this simply means a being that isn't classified as either of the previous 4). I feel that Ichigo's name meaning "1" and "5" is connected to this; he's a mixture of all 5 races combined into 1.

We also have the points of the Quincy cross, the squad that Aizen belonged to, and I'm sure there are more things that point to the number 5...
    Predictions
    • Quincies become latent Shinigami when they die, meaning Yhwach is the progenitor of the Shinigami too.
    • The star and name "Quincy" refers to the 5 Royal Guards and the Soul King; this originates in Yhwach wanting to overthrow him.
    • The final battle within the Seireitei will be between Zaraki and Haschwalth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another one - it's 5 o'clock when the Wandenrich switches with Seireitei

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...61-page-7.html

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast