Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The number 5 - Play of numbers or does it have a meaning?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The number 5 - Play of numbers or does it have a meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Then we have 5 main races in Bleach (I'm not including hybrids or sub-races here); Human (including Pluses), Hollow, Shinigami, Quincy and Transcendental (although technically not a race, this simply means a being that isn't classified as either of the previous 4). I feel that Ichigo's name meaning "1" and "5" is connected to this; he's a mixture of all 5 races combined into 1.
    The term "transcedental" is fuzzy, despite being so often used. In Ichigo's case, it's simply that he's the ultimate hybrid, thus "transcending" all 4 races, he doesn't have anything outside of those 4 races in him (as far as we've been told). Aizen may be a transcedental being in the true sense - Hougyoku'd into something entirely different, or he may be just a shinigami who uses Hougyoku to get upgrades (like hollowification) here and there. He started jumping to conclusions somewhere in the Deicide arc, so it's hard to tell. Dunno if it's even valid as a race.

But if we consider the 5th race to be the "deviant type" - that can't be classified to a single race - then even partial hybrids would belong there, and Ichi would be more like 4 into 1. My head hurts from all this complicated stuff...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

• The Quincy's cross has 5 points.
    • The term "Quincy" literally means "5".
    • There are 5 Royal Guards and 5 SWPs (I think these 2 are somehow connected).

Oh, regarding the chapter coming soon; chapter "555" is special because "5" is the Quincy's number, and 3x5 = 15, or "Ichigo"!!!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is the chapter where a number of quincy finally will reveal what exactly they can do with volstandig... Its a shame it was 7 quincy who used it though. Well, I doubt kishi would pay much attention to that particular detail regarding the chapter number though. Wouldn't it be kinda lost when the chapter comes out in volume format?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Yet another one - it's 5 o'clock when the Wandenrich switches with Seireitei

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...61-page-7.html
    How the hell did I miss that

Wow, you guys! These lists are fascinating.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3