Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Favorite Pairings!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi Favorite Pairings!

I think there isn't any threads for this... so I'm going to make one, I know a lot of you want it too

Who's your favoring pairing of all time? Whether its a canon or crack pairing, this is the thread where you post it! Share your ideas why you like that pairing, ok?

Canon Pairings:
    Alibaba x Morgianna -
    actually, at first I thought Mor's going to be Aladdin's love pair It's obvious, Mor has a crush on Alibaba haha! Mor's also cute when she gets angry at Alibaba for being a womanizer :3
    And another reason why I love this pairing:

Sharkkan x Yamuraiha -
    The classic "The more you hate, the more you love" and cat-and-dog relationship

Judal x Kougyoku -
    Somehow, I think its more of childhood-friend relationship, but I like it

Aladdin x Judal -
    Well, they're more like a brotherly-love to me :> I also think that Aladdin will be a great Uke for a Seme Judal

Crack Pairings!
    Sinbad x Leaf - you know what I mean
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; December 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Favorite Pairings!

Well, Alibaba sure gets a lot ship teasing: With Morgiana, Kougyoku and Toto, at the least.

But somehow the relationships feel more natural and less forced compared to other mangas I read.
    It's also something I like about Magi.
    Maybe it's because the author is female.

I think I have only one pairing I'm interested in, Alibaba x Kougyoku (probably won't happen though)
    But Mor x Alibaba is also cute.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; December 13, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The only pairings that I see possible in this manga are these IMHO:

AlibabaXMorgiana: There are a lot of things that hint it in the manga and some of Morgiana's and Alibaba's behaviour confirm it.

AlibabaXKougyoku: It is cute, but to me they're more friends than lovers....

AlibabaXToto: After seeing Alibaba in a new light, she seemed to have shown interest, but couple is made up of two people, and Alibaba didn't seem to have done the same thing.

Sharrkan (sorry if I wrote his name wrong)XYamuraiha: Mostly for their cat-dog relationship, after all the opposites attract.

HakuryuuXMorgiana: Even tough they kissed I don't know if they will become canon, considering Morgiana's reaction, but I found it a cute couple nonetheless.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Mor like 15 while Alibaba is 18? I honestly don't see these two hooking up anytime soon. I mean sure if the manga goes into a 2 year time skip where Mor is 17 & Alibaba's 20 then I can see it happening. Right now I think Alibaba sees Mor as a child/little sister type. So because of that I think Alibaba would hookup with Toto first then later in life if Mor hasn't moved on & married Hakuryuu they "may" get together.

As for who I'm shipping Sinbad & Gyokuen for insane twist & reveal on Sinbad's true motivations.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MegumiYuuki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Without using a Patriarchal mind, I believe age doesn'te matter, especially when its only a 3 year difference. I do in fact, think Morgiana will be Alibabas Queen and develop a relationship prior to it. I dont think CH 81 was for nothing, it was a precursor. Not knowing just how big the series will get, I truly believe Morg and Ali will become an official couple when he takes her back to her home and meets her Parents and other family. I really hope they become more romantic soon. The Author is wonderful. <3

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

For me AlibabaxMor is nice.. xD
    I like how comfortable they are with eachother, also that extra http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/...din-isnt-there

but a great crack pairing is Pistix Kouha
    I saw some fanart of it... so wonderful.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyra View Post
    For me AlibabaxMor is nice.. xD
    I like how comfortable they are with eachother, also that extra http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/...din-isnt-there

but a great crack pairing is Pistix Kouha
    I saw some fanart of it... so wonderful.
    Let's say, Alibaba is quite the stupid and dense type but I hope Alibaba won't have the harem of ladies as the series goes on. Poor Mor, she'll definitely had a hard time with her love interest...

Hmm, I think PistixKouha pairing is cute
    Knowing Kouha's creepy personality and Pisti's love for cute boys, certainly, there will be a great clash of opposite personalities

---------- Post added January 15, 2013 at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was January 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM ----------

I've seen some YamuxSharrkan short doujin. It's really cute and funny and really sweet at a same time. Can someone please translate it? I really want to read it

Spoiler show

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I was all up with Alibaba x Mor
    Spoiler show

Then I started reading the OMAKE's
    Spoiler show

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So, do you guys have any new favourite pairings? I'm still all for Ali x Mor but I have to say Kogyouku earned some big points with me too

Outside of that I'm not really interested in any possible relationship at the moment, but I'm sure some of you have some (crack) ideas XD
    On a random note, I'm still curious of Aladdin will end up with anyone... right now I fear not

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 0Yun0's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my OTP in the entire series is Alibaba x Morgiana.
    Sharkkan x Yamuraiha is a close second.

Also: Kouen x Hakuei. It was only a joke to me because I loved to see Hakuryuu in RAAGE mode but it grew on me.

And...thats it? Wow my shipping life in Magi is pretty miserable I saw one time that Marga was once supposed to be older and Titus' love interest. If this was the case, they would end up in second place.

The crack one is a spoiler lol
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ali X Kougyoku, that is all. There are others interesting pairings that I would want but comparing to Ali X Kougyoku they are insignificant.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinbad ♥ yunan

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So much Alibaba Mor support, I just dont see it, seems too one sided and based on nothing but her own odd fantasy, especially since Alibaba x aladdin is implied canon heavily, I felt, well to me, they both seem keen and zoomed in only on each other.

Mine would be Judar x Ren Hakuryuu, their similar interests and at least where Im at in the anime, how Judar has taken a liking to him and Hakuryuu gravitating towards him. Id also have Ren Kouha x Aladdin they would be a pretty sweet pairing just for fun reasons, and then Sphintus x Me.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine would be MogamettxTitus
    No seriously I think I'm gonna go with AlibabaxMor. All other pairings seem forced, like SinbadxKogyoku. Oh and my favorite yaoi pairing would be SinbadxMasrur.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

SharrkanxYamu seemed to be a pure canon I think. In the Magi encyclopedia, there are hints that made this pairing is already obvious, only that these two are two complete dorks to realize it. Sharrkan tends to act stupid in front of the person he likes, and eventually that made him and that person not to get along. AND it is stated that his scent somehow matches Yamraiha... what do you think of that??

EnEi (KouenxHakuei) is another pairing in my love ship. I want to see more of this. :")

Anyway, I'm a hardcore magi combi shipper. But now that we have a new magi in the list, I think its right to have a new magiTitusxAladdin!! But I'm worried that Aladdin will never have to find a girl suited for him :'(

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast