Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 216 Discussion Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 216 Spoiler Thread

Whoa, Komatsu's first opponent sure is an hard one, but I'm sure that he will astonish everyone.
    I said it last week, but I will repeat it again: Buranchi is freaking awesome. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for the chapter...but for Buranchi to be in bed sleep when everyone starts and still win the second leg of the race carrying more weight than any other chef (not to mention dragging Komatsu and his load)...Jeez, he's turning out to be a great character.

But at the same time, its almost like he's being built up to be captured by the bishokukai or at least "defeated" by them. Just to show how much stronger they have got. It looks like this will be an entertaining chapter though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    I'm still waiting for the chapter...but for Buranchi to be in bed sleep when everyone starts and still win the second leg of the race carrying more weight than any other chef (not to mention dragging Komatsu and his load)...Jeez, he's turning out to be a great character.

But at the same time, its almost like he's being built up to be captured by the bishokukai or at least "defeated" by them. Just to show how much stronger they have got. It looks like this will be an entertaining chapter though.
    Vash - Buranchi will help defeat one of the Bishokukai - this would impress Zebra. The two would form a combo because of this. Hey they may even form an ACTUAL fight combo to defeat a bishokukai! That'd be epic

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nfinitfx - Them fighting together to fight off the Bishokukai, Oh Yeah, that's what I hope happens. I still don't think Zebra and Buranchi will form an official combo. I'm sticking with Komatsu being the official chef for all the 4 Kings...even though the actual combo is with Toriko. Zebra would probably think Buranchi was being cocky by beating one of the Bishokukai. lol! But it would be epic to see them do some type of combination voice attack.

But just as an alternative, I still think we are gonna see one of the chefs fall or get captured.

Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So in the finals, no number 6, 8, 10, 11 or the 21st ranked chef in the top 30...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The spoilers seem to be pretty interesting.
    Though it really feels a bit anticlimatic for Buranchi to be that fast, especially while caring Komatsu and two shares of food, but well I seriously doubt that Setsuno and Zaus we serious. Especially since before Setsuno shown that she was easily faster than any other Chef, while coming back to Komatsu and still being first by a considerable margin.
    Matsu being paired against Zaus... I really hope he looses. Otherwise it would be an absurd. No matter how you look at it he can't obviously win against Zaus. I would like him to go all-out and show his skills.
    And then get some sort of an Award from the viewers.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Setsuno and Zaus have it all planned-out to make the younger cooks stand out, so they're actually giving them their chance to shine... they're not going full-out. In the end they're both better than Buranchi and if there comes a time when they must get serious (e.g. in a fight against the Bishokukai), they'll prove their superiority.
    One Piece fan.

Country
    Galactic Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want a Zebra-Branch combo to come out of this Cooking Fest Arc. ("branch" seems like a more appropriate transliteration) Also, if Tengu "randomly" appearing in the tournament just as Komatsu needed some help isn't proof enough of how powerful his food luck is, I think the whole Komatsu vs. Zaus thing is no coincidence; T'is his food luck setting him up to impress the world! Komatsu will win this tournament! I was a bit iffy before, but now I am full-throttle for Komatsu to win! I was also of the opinion that Komatsu would be the chef for all four Heavenly Kings, but Zebra was never one to be part of the group, so Zebra-Branch is definitely a possibility.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Scans is out http://www.batoto.net/read/_/147130/...wa-mata-noboru

While I don't like the concept of Komatsu vs Zaus well I already predicted this kind of outcome but I hope it will be explained well if Komatsu wins...I am hoping for Komatsu to fight other chef first and make it to the quarterfinals without fighting Setsuno/Zaus/Buranchi well I think the enemy will appear in the next next chapter hopefully the cooking fest will be resolve first I love to see Setsuno take on Buranchi...

Anyone know if there is WSJ next week??

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

out here http://hiwamatanoboru.com/
    Since this is a double issue there probably wont be wsj next week.
    unless we get an early issue but there will be a week of absence

I see on page 18 there are some people riding that bone dragon thingy....bishoku kai?
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; December 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man i really want Tengu(Buranchi) to be part of the main cast now. Everything he does is funny as hell. He is bad ass i really hope he joins them in the Gourmet World. I hope the author doesnt do him like Teppei and show him like once or twice a year.

I will be highly upset if Komatsu wins this tournament. Thats like Toriko beating Ichiryuu. Even if Komatsu wins he wont accept it. He will be like i only got this far because of Tengu.

LOL @ Zebra face during this whole chapter.

Ume and Komatsu has to be brothers or something. They look way too much alike.
    Last edited by bonifide; December 20, 2012 at 01:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

looking at show the chapter was progressing , i dont think we will see the next match

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast