Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 216 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 216 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    out here http://hiwamatanoboru.com/
    Since this is a double issue there probably wont be wsj next week.
    unless we get an early issue but there will be a week of absence

I see on page 18 there are some people riding that bone dragon thingy....bishoku kai?
    YES I noticed while reading that there are roughly 5-8 figures standing on that bone dragon's head. This tournament will end before a winner is declared but I'm hoping we get to see a lot of matches first, possibly even the finals.

Got a few predictions:
    The giraffe birds will notice the intruders first and get killed in mass. That will signal the start of the real fight.
    Can Komatsu beaut Zaus? I say he can!
    Buranchi will beat Livebearer easily but lose to Setsuno.
    All the other fights are trivial.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    out here http://hiwamatanoboru.com/
    Since this is a double issue there probably wont be wsj next week.
    unless we get an early issue but there will be a week of absence

I see on page 18 there are some people riding that bone dragon thingy....bishoku kai?
    Where there are the ugliest beasts in existence the Bishokukai must be near by, that's the rule:P

Approaching from both air and sea, they are serious as hell.

I will take a wild guess and say that they are here to challenge the top chefs at the Fest at cooking, because they are excluded from the rankings and prove their superiority to IGO in front of the whole world. Highly unlikely, but arguably it would be more interesting that way, in a similar manner to the Livebearer card game and not plain fighting. It would also go in line with what we've been said, that the event will attract 100% views. The cooking showdown between IGO and Bishokukai certainly falls into that category. Maybe they would be allowed to pick their opponents so Ootake will pick Komatsu. I'm really thinking this thing too hard lol, what ever happens we will not be disappointed for sure.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

after reading the whole chapter i must have to say i feel like some1; who liked the trailer much more than the entire movie. I might stop with the spoilers....

overall the chapter would have been good but the 2 chapters making it go way down. it should be at least finish the cooking in triathlon and not just write through it....

well at least we'll learn the deal of ume-chan and this komatsu. and probably the war is starting...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm disappointed so far, to be honest. I was expecting to see something from Komatsu. He was dragged through the first challenge, and then the next few challenges, in which he might have accomplished something on his won were quickly skipped over. Maybe we'll get to see some of Komatsu's skill when he faces Zaus.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tengu(Buranchi) is just a asspull to save Komatsu from the fighting type racing and co..

sad !

dont missunderstood me the whole Tengu(Buranchi) is a cool charakter but its just lame that komatsu can not handle himself after all he went throu
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuda is not in the top 32?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astute_azure View Post
    Yuda is not in the top 32?
    Now you mention it, I didn't see his name on the list

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly speaking I didn't care so much about the competitions' skipping; we knew that Komatsu would have won.
    In any case I think that we will see his genius back in action against Zaus.
    The Bishokukai seems to have made their move, and they're serious at that.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the next chapter; after all the awesomeness has just begun.

P.S: Branchi cracked me up in this chapter. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was the only one who didn't see Yuda in the final list. I wonder what happened to him. Also, I understand Komatsu only barely made it through the last couple of rounds and was helped by Buranchi in the triathalon but I don't like him making it this far already. I mean, if we go by standard tournament brackets, if Zaus was the first to make it into this round then Komatsu was the last. But still, him beating Zaus is almost like saying he's the best chef in the world...and he hasn't even been to the Gourmet World yet. He'll either lose or the matches will be interrupted.

I hope his buddy Ume-chan plays an important part in the upcoming chapters. I have a feeling someone is gonna get taken or hurt pretty bad.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/36542
    Check Kewl's Translation, you will find that Yuda is against Moh, there has been a mistake in the scanlations as they put Damala Sky the 13th in two boxes instead on 1.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct table
    Spoiler show

13. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 216 Discussion Thread

Well, that was one hell of an asspull.
    Komatsu should have lost in the first part of Triatlon, but he actually managed to not only be among first 50, but already among first 32! It's already too much, especially since half of what he achieved here was only due to Buranchi. If he actually beats Zaus, then it would just be a really terrible writing. The same way if Toriko manages to win right now against Ichiryu or Jirou in a fair fight.

Seems that Bishokukai are coming soon. Hope the Tournament ends before they come and then Toriko and other topdogs can join the fight.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't like Komatsu's name being stained with no reason. He did the swimming on his own and came last. In the cycling he got dragged by Buranchi and came first, but used regular tools, as if he came last. He could have taken the easiest and longest route on his own, came last again, and the result would be the same. He did the cooking on his own, Death Scale Cooking (which looks pretty dangerous) on his own with Food Honor, AND Entire Island Cooking on his own. What exactly was Buranchi's contribution there? Nothing, Komatsu does everything with his own power. He doesn't need or want even one millimeter of help.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, that was one hell of an asspull.
    Komatsu should have lost in the first part of Triatlon, but he actually managed to not only be among first 50, but already among first 32! It's already too much, especially since half of what he achieved here was only due to Buranchi. If he actually beats Zaus, then it would just be a really terrible writing. The same way if Toriko manages to win right now against Ichiryu or Jirou in a fair fight.

Seems that Bishokukai are coming soon. Hope the Tournament ends before they come and then Toriko and other topdogs can join the fight.

Seems like we thought the same thing about if Komatsu wins. That's like Toriko beating Ichiryu.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

As I have mentioned before, Komatsu already beat Setsuno in recreating Century Soup. Although it wasn't a competition, it's still an achievement that Komatsu earned and Setsuno failed. So if he beats Zaus here, that wouldn't be a big surprise to me.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast