Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which is the Best Anime Overall?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Anime Overall

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Anime Overall

I nominate Mushishi , Cowboy Bebop and Kara No Kyoukai

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is overwhelming support for Hunter x Hunter (2011) and after thinking about it for a while, I'm going to change my support for HxH and instead support Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for best overall anime.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

These are my nominations:

1) FMA: Brotherhood
    2) Magi: the magic labirynth.
    3) Jojo's Bizzare adventures; from the Openings, the animation and the graphic.
    Last edited by Doraku; December 27, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    These are my nominations:

1) FMA: Brotherhood
    2) Magi: the magic labirynth.
    3) Jojo's Bizzare adventures; from the Openings, the animation and the graphic.
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has won the previous award, thus it's not possible to get nominated this year. Do you want to change your nomination?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has won the previous award, thus it's not possible to get nominated this year. Do you want to change your nomination?
    I'm giving you a lot of work to do, sorry. XD
    Then I guess I will choose Claymore as my next nomination.
    Last edited by Doraku; December 28, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I originally nominated Another but i'd like to change my nomination to support for Claymore as best anime overall.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Steins gate, fate zero and, since Claymore manga sucked SOOOO hard, Madoka Puella Magi.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean, i admit complaining is a bit stupid and i am kind of embarrassed to even mention this but really? Fairy Tail?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I mean, i admit complaining is a bit stupid and i am kind of embarrassed to even mention this but really? Fairy Tail?
    Maybe it's surprising for you, but however, that was the result in the first round and we have to accept it as it is...

That's why I told everyone to familiarize themselves with the nominees before voting

Which one do you think deserved to win, anyway, among the finalists?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end the hunters gonna win

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's surprising for you, but however, that was the result in the first round and we have to accept it as it is...

That's why I told everyone to familiarize themselves with the nominees before voting

Which one do you think deserved to win, anyway, among the finalists?
    Don´t get me wrong, i don´t doubt that it has been voted but for me, it is definitely a disappointing choice considering what kind of animes were nominated (not only talking about my choices cause those were very special to begin with, so i did not expect a lot of people voting for it) but hey, majority rules.
    Among the finalists, Cowboy Bebop deserves to win in my opinion. Steins Gate is highly enjoyable (i really liked it) but has too many plot holes to be considered the best. Fate/Zero could be considered as well, the character development, the interactions between the characters (typical Type-Moon) and of course the animation are highly superb but in my mind, Cowboy Bebop has always been the title to beat regarding overall quality.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    In the end the hunters gonna win
    We'll see two weeks later dude

Don´t get me wrong, i don´t doubt that it has been voted but for me, it is definitely a disappointing choice considering what kind of animes were nominated (not only talking about my choices cause those were very special to begin with, so i did not expect a lot of people voting for it) but hey, majority rules.
    Among the finalists, Cowboy Bebop deserves to win in my opinion. Steins Gate is highly enjoyable (i really liked it) but has too many plot holes to be considered the best. Fate/Zero could be considered as well, the character development, the interactions between the characters (typical Type-Moon) and of course the animation are highly superb but in my mind, Cowboy Bebop has always been the title to beat regarding overall quality.
    Yeah, majority rules . I think it gained a decent amount of vote partially because it's a Manga adaptation anyway. A-1 pictures is in overall a good studio, combined with a famous Manga franchise, logically speaking, could gather quite huge amount of votes. Besides Hunter X Hunter, There are two finalists being adapted from visual novel (Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate) resulting for some people being unfamiliar with those titles. Those two are great series as well.

Cowboy Bebop achieved (almost) the same status with Evangelion in my mind, so if it's win I have no problem with it. It's simply a classic.
    Last edited by Doraku; January 11, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll see two weeks later dude

Yeah, majority rules . I think it gained a decent amount of vote partially because it's a Manga adaptation anyway. A-1 pictures is in overall a good studio, combined with a famous Manga franchise, logically speaking, could gather quite huge amount of votes. Besides Hunter X Hunter, There are two finalists being adapted from visual novel (Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate) resulting for some people being unfamiliar with those titles. Those two are great series as well.

Cowboy Bebop achieved (almost) the same status with Evangelion in my mind, so if it's win I have no problem with it. It's simply a classic.
    Still, being a popular manga adaption should not help getting votes if the manga is bad to begin with but this is the last it am gonna write about this topic, i don´t want to influence or ruin other guys and their votes.

I agree with Evangelion. The thing is though that EVA is a really specific type of anime that only addresses viewers who are interested in thought provoking and deep anime which by no means is the majority of anime viewers. That´s why it is no surprise that EVA is not among the finalists. Cowboy Bebop on the other hand addresses a very broad spectrum of viewers. It can be a light watch if you want it to (of course except the finale) but it can also bring you to think and analyze the characters.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, being a popular manga adaption should not help getting votes if the manga is bad to begin with but this is the last it am gonna write about this topic, i don´t want to influence or ruin other guys and their votes.

I agree with Evangelion. The thing is though that EVA is a really specific type of anime that only addresses viewers who are interested in thought provoking and deep anime which by no means is the majority of anime viewers. That´s why it is no surprise that EVA is not among the finalists. Cowboy Bebop on the other hand addresses a very broad spectrum of viewers. It can be a light watch if you want it to (of course except the finale) but it can also bring you to think and analyze the characters.
    My point was people are more familiar with Fairy Tail and Hunter X Hunter in this polls since they are adapted from Manga. Of course the answer to the question whether Fairy Tail is good or bad is highly subjective; everyone is entitled to have their own perspective on it. Voters are probably unfamiliar with, say, Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate not only because probably they haven't watch those titles yet (duh!), but also due to the fact that many voters are seemingly more familiar with famous Manga titles rather than popular Anime titles. This place is called MangaHelpers anyway.

Also, you should not be worried in voicing your opinion; as long as it is still in accordance with common courtesy, you're fine to say anything inside your head. Voters could choose what they want to choose, they maybe in some regards affected by your comments, but do not worry about that too much.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboy Bebop is getting my vote.

I loved that series so much. From beginning to end there wasn't a single episode I didn't enjoy and the last one was such a fantastic climax.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast