Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Favorite Djinn? (So Far)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ugo

8 50.00%
  • Paimon

3 18.75%
  • Amon

2 12.50%
  • Zagan

2 12.50%
  • Leraje

0 0%
  • Barbatos

0 0%
  • Baal

0 0%
  • Agares

0 0%
  • Phenex

0 0%
  • Astharoth

0 0%
  • Zepar

1 6.25%
  • Focalor

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About Djinn and their names

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

About Djinn and their names

So, every Djinn so far kinda resembles a lot of their IRL parallel (Like Paimon and Amon). So I was curious and started to look around some of them.
    Mostly because I was curious about what Muu could do.

Here is what I found of Barbatos:
    Quote Quote:
    Barbatos is an Earl and Duke of Hell, ruling thirty legions of demons and has four kings as his companions to command his legions. He gives the understanding of the voices of the animals, says past and future, conciliates friends and rulers, and he can lead men to hidden treasures that have been hid by the enchantment of magicians.
    His name seems to derive from Latin 'barbatus', bearded, old man, philosopher.
    So I think Muu power will be related to beasts. Making him a Beast-Ruler and transforming his army of Domestic Equippers in ferocious animals.

So far the ones we know:
    Ugo / Fire Magic (?)
    Zepar / Sound Magic.
    Amon / Fire Magic
    Paimon / Wind Magic
    Zagan / Life Magic
    Baal / Lightning Magic
    Focalor / Wind Magic
    Vinea / Water Magic

Predictions:
    Barbatos / Life Magic - Power Magic
    Valefor / Fire Magic
    Purson / Wind Magic (About Purson on Key of Solomon)
    Furfur / Wind Magic (About Furfur
    Vepar / Water Magic (About him on Key of Solomon
    Shax / Light Magic (About him on Ars Goetia)

Post your discoveries here as well and let's talk a little more about those blue lovely bastards!
    Last edited by Uriel; December 14, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About Djinn and their names

Excellent topic!

I totally agree, it would be great if Mu's djinn powers were animalistic. Maybe he can transform into Magoi-armored beats, mythical or real. That wold be badass and very different from everyone else's djinn equips.

If you think about Sinbad's chibi djinn, Zepar, and what he did to Kougyoku you will do a backflip just as I did:

Quote Quote:
    Zepar is a Great Duke of Hell. He commands 26 legions of inferior spirits. His office is to cause women to love men, and bring them together in love. He makes women barren. He is depicted with red clothes and armor, like a soldier.
    I really hope Kougyoku finds a nice person to marry.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah. Well, Interesting enough, Zepar power comes from his mouth And it's somewhat related to that thing in your head that tells you what to do :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

You can play with making a complement with the kinds of magic that are in Magi. Some examples:

Zepar it's Sound Magic.
    Amon it's Fire Magic
    Paimon it's Wind Magic
    Zagan it's Life Magic

A guide to have better well-made discussions, don't you think?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I updated the first post with my personal predictions after reading a little bit the thing there are listed about the Ars Goetia.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

So from the reference, can we conclude that the Djinn will going to be limited up to 72 Djinns? or is it possible for Ohtaka to take another reference in making Djinn's names? I think I have to go through all the names on wiki before predicting.. this is so fascinating.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm convinced Furfur will be lightning and not wind.
    Plus Crocell did not appear here. I think it might be water based.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is unrelated to the topic ,
    But what do u think about all the Djinn being past Magicians who were captured while making Solomon king ??
    Also , on a side note , I personally think magicians can't be rulers because they are too easily influenced by right and wrong w/o looking at the bigger picture [take Magnoshatt's War for example , staying neutral would have been better than to stay unfriendly and start a war]

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There was once in the manga, Amon mentioned that they (the djinns) weren't supposed to "materialize" on Earth, because they're a "pure power" that a king can only use...
    Judging from Aladdin's expression, there seems to be a little conspiracy about that fact and the King...

but aren't the Djinns human from the past? Or those images were just their human form?
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; May 27, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's certain that they were human from the Solomon court as shown in Utopia flashbacks. And I believe they weren't only just humans, they were Magicians.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

I've been thinking about the end of the Magnostadt arc and the fight with the medium where Gyokuen specifically said that it required 72 people to fight it in Alma Toran which was sort of her way of comparing the djinn equip users to the magicians in Alma Toran. Each metal vessel user in the war though was significantly superior to even the top magicians there, and any one of them could put up a good fight or better with a Magi. Either the 72 final magicians who became djinns in Alma Toran were all magicians of a high class that rivals metal vessel users, or somehow they became djinns before the world was destroyed which seems crazy and impossible. I feel like Solomon realized how destructive it is to give all humans such power, which is why he watered down the power of magic in his own creation, and limited the true power equivalent of an Alma Toran magician to the 72 humans worthy enough to conquer a dungeon. The concept of goi vs magicians did not exist in Alma Toran, and if the magicians we've come to know were as supreme as the ones in Alma Toran the war with magnostadt would have been a one-sided massacre. There probably wouldn't even be a magnostadt, magicians would already have taken over the earth centuries ago despite Mogamett's belief that magicians have no such desire.
    Last edited by obamamania; March 05, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why it would be impossible for Solomon's household to become Djinns right before Alma Toran is destroyed. Maybe they did that as an ultimate mesure, and they were never able to go back to being human. Even Ugo became a Djinn, even though he's supposed to be a Magi. Maybe he granted them this power before the war between the magicians and Solomon started, but they only got to use it when the war broke. .But you're right I think Solomon purposely dumbed down magic in the world he created. The magicians of Magnostadt aren't as powerful as those in Alma Toran that's for sure.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess when I say it's impossible, I mean that it seems like quite an extravagant thing to be able to do and we don't quite know what a djinn really is. If Alma Toran magicians are really at the level of a metal vessel user's power, then what purpose would there be to transform unless the transformation is sort of the ultimate manifestation of their powers. I always thought the djinns were only transformed when Solomon brought them with him as beings composed of ruhk like Al Thamen, and perhaps gave them those forms so that they would appear to be above humans and would be respected as such. The whole djinn/dungeon system seems like a construct of Solomon's new world, since so far there's been no sign of either in Alma Toran.
    Last edited by obamamania; March 06, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the anime isn't the best reference out there, but if I remember correctly they showed someone(Paimon) change from her human form to her Djinn form. It seems to be an ultimate mesure to go against powerful forces and have a gigantic appearance like that of the other species in Alma Toran, and which also grants incredible powers.More importantly Djinns are immortal, Ugo is a proof of that.My guess that once the Djinns assumed their true form, they weren't able to come back as humans and since they couldn't die, they couldn't be reincarnated in the world Solomon created. Not just that but because he found out that Al Thamen were still around, he decided to create Dungeons, so that in the new world those who are worthy will becomes kings and wield the power to fight Al Thamen.
    Up till now the Rukh wasn't metioned not even once in the Alma Toran arc. Only magoi was mentioned. Which makes me think that the Rukh itself is a creation of Solomon, to allow him to control human lives, and make sure that they don't make the same mistake back in Alma Toran(and he kinda failed in doing that).
    Last edited by ladylola; March 06, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ now that you mentioned that Paimon (Zagan was seen to transform too) changed into the djinn we currently know, I have thought of something related to that and that is "Household Assimilation" or simply the "Assimilation" that Yunan mentioned as the "Ultimate Measure" when they fought the Medium back in Magnostadt.

There, we've seen various household vessel users that changed into giants as they attacked the Medium. Drakon was seen to change in form too, he became bigger than how he was supposed to look, also his clothing changed like that of a djinn. Here I began to think, what if the "72 household" of King Solomon became the 72 djinns of Alma Torran and of the current world? Remember, they are part of King Solomon's household, then there's this Assimilation, and King Solomon is the only King Vessel.

My theory is that since the household of King Solomon became the djinns we currently knew, maybe on the world Morgiana, Jafar, and the other household and metal vessel users, it would also be possible for them to become djinns once they reached that "ultimate measure". I remember Amon mentioned something like "The djinns exists for the sake of King Solomon" and they "should not materialize" on earth because they became djinns way back in Alma Torran, in which is in another dimension no similar to Aladdin and co. world.

BTW, I've moved these posts because this is the place suitable for this kind of discussion.
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; March 06, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast