Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 124 Discussion/125 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 124 Discussion/125 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to manage a full-blown review or not this week (I want to but I'm hard pressed for time).

If I did one though the overall "theme" would be that I'm not too pleased with the course of the last two chapters.

I like to see any series put it's best foot forward. Focusing on Koon's team and Horyang independent of Baam's team(for now anyway) seem like putting the worst foot forward. I don't know about anybody else but for me those are, of the available options, the last characters I'd want to see the story focusing on. Those are not points of strength.

I hope Baam gets involved or something because the cast SIU has chosen to work with here seem like his weakest links and I'm very unsure that's going to be...enough.
    Have faith Jammin, I'm sure this is all just to set us up for the Factory round as I'm sure you know. I'm just waiting until we get to the factory round, that is what I really want to see. I kind of agree on Koon's team though it doesn't seem like they have much substance. I'll take Rak over Ran any day of the week, god I miss Rak he was one of my favorites from part 1. I want to know what happened to him, is he with Leesoo's team or is he doing his own thing looking for other turtles.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same feeling as Jammin currently. I'm interested on what happens to them, but I don't think focusing on them is completely needed. Let's see how this develop, I'm eager to reach to the Factory arc.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    Have faith Jammin, I'm sure this is all just to set us up for the Factory round as I'm sure you know. I'm just waiting until we get to the factory round, that is what I really want to see. I kind of agree on Koon's team though it doesn't seem like they have much substance. I'll take Rak over Ran any day of the week, god I miss Rak he was one of my favorites from part 1. I want to know what happened to him, is he with Leesoo's team or is he doing his own thing looking for other turtles.
    It's pretty obvious what happened to him, he's already climbed the tower solo. Next chapter we'll hear an announcement saying that Phanta has been dropped to #2, replaced by the turtle eating badass.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to manage a full-blown review or not this week (I want to but I'm hard pressed for time).

If I did one though the overall "theme" would be that I'm not too pleased with the course of the last two chapters.

I like to see any series put it's best foot forward. Focusing on Koon's team and Horyang independent of Baam's team(for now anyway) seem like putting the worst foot forward. I don't know about anybody else but for me those are, of the available options, the last characters I'd want to see the story focusing on. Those are not points of strength.

I hope Baam gets involved or something because the cast SIU has chosen to work with here seem like his weakest links and I'm very unsure that's going to be...enough.
    You could just make a review for this chapter and the next one or two combined, so either two or three chapters together, as you're not going to get that much chapter.

For me, Horyang was the most interesting member of Baam's team. I'm interested in seeing Ran fight, although I have no interest in Novick (admittedly, I said that I'd rather see Novick in the team than Rak, because Rak's comedy bit has gotten really old and we need a Spear Bearer).

The next chapter could end with a scene of Horyang telling Koon that he'd traveled with an immensely strong Regular who was searching for his friends and Koon wonders if it's Baam.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You could just make a review for this chapter and the next one or two combined, so either two or three chapters together, as you're not going to get that much chapter.

For me, Horyang was the most interesting member of Baam's team. I'm interested in seeing Ran fight, although I have no interest in Novick (admittedly, I said that I'd rather see Novick in the team than Rak, because Rak's comedy bit has gotten really old and we need a Spear Bearer).

The next chapter could end with a scene of Horyang telling Koon that he'd traveled with an immensely strong Regular who was searching for his friends and Koon wonders if it's Baam.
    Tbh, I'm not quite sure what Teddy could say which would make Koon think that he is referring to Baam. Wangnan is the only person who knows that he's an irregular, so the only real strong hint is gone. Baam wasn't immensely strong pre-TS so I doubt that would make Koon think of Baam, and there must be loads of regulars searching for someone. Think the only real way for Koon to know about Baam, or at least for him to suspect that it's Baam, is if he actually sees him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading chapter by chapter blows for me. I had much more fun when there were 120 chapters out ready to read, than I am now, waiting hungrily for tiny pieces of new information and development. I think I'll read a couple of more chapters then pause until after the Summer or so. I don't want to damage the experience by reading one chapter a week.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Tbh, I'm not quite sure what Teddy could say which would make Koon think that he is referring to Baam. Wangnan is the only person who knows that he's an irregular, so the only real strong hint is gone. Baam wasn't immensely strong pre-TS so I doubt that would make Koon think of Baam, and there must be loads of regulars searching for someone. Think the only real way for Koon to know about Baam, or at least for him to suspect that it's Baam, is if he actually sees him.
    Horyang could talk about the genius copying ability, which no one else in the series has exhibited, which could make Koon think of Baam. Baam instantly learned how to do Fast Skip (the paralyzation spell) when Quant showed him how to do it, and even showed more aptitude with it than Quant did. He also copied Love's skills, although Love noted that they were lacking power; however, we have seen that Baam has taken Blue Oar into his arsenal of useful techniques, as he used it to avoid one of Horyang's Devil strikes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Reading chapter by chapter blows for me. I had much more fun when there were 120 chapters out ready to read, than I am now, waiting hungrily for tiny pieces of new information and development. I think I'll read a couple of more chapters then pause until after the Summer or so. I don't want to damage the experience by reading one chapter a week.
    i would actually do that as well but knowing that a new chapter is out makes me brake my promise of waiting a month to read it not sure why SIU is slowing down the pace but could we see more of Yihwa for a change not this family non-since that getting a tad boring

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Horyang could talk about the genius copying ability, which no one else in the series has exhibited, which could make Koon think of Baam. Baam instantly learned how to do Fast Skip (the paralyzation spell) when Quant showed him how to do it, and even showed more aptitude with it than Quant did. He also copied Love's skills, although Love noted that they were lacking power; however, we have seen that Baam has taken Blue Oar into his arsenal of useful techniques, as he used it to avoid one of Horyang's Devil strikes.
    Good point, not quite sure why Teddy would mention it though, maybe in response to Ran boasting? Also, Teddy hasn't actually seen Baam's copying ability I think, he just has Jinsung's praise for Baam to go on.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point, not quite sure why Teddy would mention it though, maybe in response to Ran boasting? Also, Teddy hasn't actually seen Baam's copying ability I think, he just has Jinsung's praise for Baam to go on.
    True, Teddy hasn't actually seen it live on screen, but perhaps Baam could tell them how the fight with Love went or Love could comment on it to Team Tangsooyuk afterward. I don't know. On the floors between 20 and the latest floor (28 or 29, I can't recall), Baam could've shown off his copying ability in front of them, for all we know.

When a High Ranker, and someone most likely inside the top 200, praises you for your genius ability, that's definitely something to take notice of.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True, Teddy hasn't actually seen it live on screen, but perhaps Baam could tell them how the fight with Love went or Love could comment on it to Team Tangsooyuk afterward. I don't know. On the floors between 20 and the latest floor (28 or 29, I can't recall), Baam could've shown off his copying ability in front of them, for all we know.

When a High Ranker, and someone most likely inside the top 200, praises you for your genius ability, that's definitely something to take notice of.
    How about the word FUG slayer candidate and koon curiosity if he can't get cassano what about a slayer

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that's possible, we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    How about the word FUG slayer candidate and koon curiosity if he can't get cassano what about a slayer
    Well it seems the only reason why Koon wants to capture Cassano is to rub it in Hatsu's face. Capturing Viole won't really have the same effect, besides, isn't his team already gathered.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that's possible, we'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah, we'll see in the next few weeks, possibly next week.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

My two cents about this chapter are just some few questions I hope next chapters answer:

When Horyang explained the nature of his power he said he viewed a thing trapped in a blue tank, that constantly changes, and that defied his gaze to understand his shape. When I read that, I remembered this note about the Lord called the Magician:

Quote Quote:
    3. Magician/Flux
    The Lord who is called a Magician.
    He is Macseth's first disciple, and is considered one of the Fathers of Gong Bang.
    Like all other "Fathers" of Gong Bang, Magician is also one of Macseth's "Artificial Lifeforms".
    However, no one has seen his true form,
    Besides the shape topic, there is another coincidence. The magician is an artificial lifeform, and the thing that Horyang viewed was in blue tank inside a lab. My question is simple: is that thing in the blue tank a creature of Macseth? Or does it have something to do with the Magician?
    I wonder also, what will happen when Cassano and Horyang meet each other, in terms of what will happen if the two parts of that thing of the blue tank meet each other.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    My two cents about this chapter are just some few questions I hope next chapters answer:

When Horyang explained the nature of his power he said he viewed a thing trapped in a blue tank, that constantly changes, and that defied his gaze to understand his shape. When I read that, I remembered this note about the Lord called the Magician:

Besides the shape topic, there is another coincidence. The magician is an artificial lifeform, and the thing that Horyang viewed was in blue tank inside a lab. My question is simple: is that thing in the blue tank a creature of Macseth? Or does it have something to do with the Magician?
    Who knows, honestly. Macseth could've created it, or it could've been some naturally occurring creature that the Workshop experimented on. We've never seen the Magician onscreen, so there's no way we could say whether or not it's linked to it, but my guy feeling would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I wonder also, what will happen when Cassano and Horyang meet each other, in terms of what will happen if the two parts of that thing of the blue tank meet each other.
    Unless you're talking about them fighting and you expect to see some odd reaction, just being in proximity to each other doesn't cause any odd reaction because they were together for a period of time after the implantation of the living ignition weapon and we did not see any odd reactions. Perhaps if the Devils come into contact with each other in terms of a fight, we could see something, but my gut feeling tells me that we probably won't see anything special as otherwise they wouldn't be able to fight. Of course, who knows, as SIU may want to expand this living ignition weapon plot more thoroughly.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast