Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
1) Chapter title 嘘つきのススメ, does this line come from somewhere by any chance? Is it an allusion to something? It just feels that way somehow. The gist of the chapter is that it's okay for a certain girl to lie about some things.
2) http://d.pr/i/lzUE three lines on this page: a) ほんとマジでカマなんじゃん? what is カマ? Short for オカマ? b) ちょっと引くっスよね what does 引く mean in this context? c) やっぱネカマ説? and 説 here, is it like "theory" or "supposition", or some other meaning? The context here is that these are guys from the same internet forum having an offline meet, and one participant, who's supposed to be a high school girl, sent an email that she's not coming, same as she blew off all previous meetings.
3) What is 巡回連絡カード? I think it's some form that all people have to fill out with police?
4) http://d.pr/i/oAL6 Does it really say 酒地肉林 in the first panel? Would calling it Shuchinikurin Hospital be correct in that case? Any relation to 酒池肉林, i.e. am I not getting some joke?
Last edited by cmertb; December 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
(1) ??? ～のススメcan be a common title. I am not sure about this.
ネカマ:インターネット上で女性のふりをする男性 <--- The guy does not have to be a gay, but he pretends to be a woman online.
説：theory" or "supposition" like you guessed. <-- Eng sounds a bit too formal though.
(3)You are not required to fill out the form but recommended by police.
(4)Shuchinikurin Hospital or Party Hospital?
Edit/add: 巡回連絡カード Personal information and emergency contact information form/card to submit to the local police. If you die at home alone for example, the police would know who you are immediately and they can contact your family members. It can also be used for crime prevention.
Last edited by mikkih; December 17, 2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Edit/Add
Thank you as always, mikkih
About 巡回連絡カード, what information does it ask for and what do cops use it for? This is so I can come up with appropriate tl for it.
Last edited by mikkih; December 17, 2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
I guess it's "emergency contact form" then.
Emergency contact form may rather have too much emphasis on contact info who do not actually live in the household. Something like "resident(or household) profile (and emergency contact) form" is something I was thinking of but I need to get going. Sorry -