Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the Best Seiyuu?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Seiyuu

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member maloose's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Seiyuu

Ah! I'm late for putting my nominee.... actually I'm so so late but I was sure Takahiru Sakurai would be among the nominees... I'm shocked and upset to see no one mentioned him. Really his work is excellent and he performed in many of the animes of 2012, so ... WHY?!

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maloose View Post
    Ah! I'm late for putting my nominee.... actually I'm so so late but I was sure Takahiru Sakurai would be among the nominees... I'm shocked and upset to see no one mentioned him. Really his work is excellent and he performed in many of the animes of 2012, so ... WHY?!

Agreed, he should be nominated.

I love his performance as Griffith from Berserk and Oshino from Bakemonogatari. I completely forget about him, however the finalists are also awesome as well.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a pretty good list of finalists.

In case of diversity (voice-wise) I'm definitely for Namikawa here. Just compare his voice-acting as Ulquiorra (Bleach), Kazehaya (KnT), Walter (Hellsing) and Van Hohenheim (FMA:Brotherhood), some pretty amazing feet.

Kana Hanazawa impressed me lately though in overall quality I still prefer Miyano. His voice-acting for Light (Death Note) and Okabe (Steins;Gate) was plain amazing.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

The most impressive thing about Kana Hanazawa is that I did not even realize that she voiced both Mayushii and Akane. I know they are both moe-ish characters, but still in some ways the dialogue and demeanor of those two characters are very different for me to realized they are indeed voiced by the same voice actress.

On Mamoru Miyano, besides Death Note, Steins;Gate and 009, I really like his voice acting as Taichi in Chihayafuru.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess I really am the only one who prioritize seiyuus I like as a person more than for their voices and such here as a rationale for my vote. Partly because seriously, I believe all seiyuus can get their voices to change drastically if they're given a chance, and too bad most of those chances are in lesser animes or drama CDs. You think nmkw or Mamo are already diverse with what you have already in mind? You'll definitely reconsider if you go watch those or listen to drama CDs. (I'm not saying that nmkw or Mamo are not diverse or anything though. In fact, I know both of them are much more diverse than what most people think, since I do assume that not very many actually listen to drama CDs...Heck, I can bet that not that many people even know how these seiyuus look like...-_-")

That's actually why I didn't nominate anyone. I just know my number one seiyuu will never make it, since he doesn't voice as often in anime anymore and his roles aren't as diverse recently as they used to be anymore, though I still like him. Regardless, I'm still content with the final list though, since all of them are awesome seiyuus as well, so...:3

I vote for Sugita anyway. It was a hard choice, but...I mean, he's probably one of the most random seiyuus out there, if you really know what I'm talking about. I'd root for him for Gintoki as well, but more so because I just love his randomness. XD

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough choice indeed. I decided to go with Kana Hanazawa because I think her voice is unique but can adapt to various situation well. I have just found out that she voiced out Mayushii from Steins;Gate from Dorakun post, lol. I love her voice as Akane, it shows the character of calm but strong in a good way. But it can be lovely flat as Kagami in Sasami-san@Ganbaranai. Well, not that the other seiyuu are bad... I totally love Miyano-san (Taichi ftw, only recently found it out too). Namikawa-kun too, I knew him from his old works. I think I only heard him in K and it wasn't so impressive, so yeah. ^^;

---------- Post added January 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was January 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM ----------

VOTING RESULT

Welcome to the result of MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2012, category Best Seiyuu! Thank you for everyone who has supported this awards by giving your vote in the poll. Aren't you curious to see which anime won the category as the best anime seiyuu in 2012? Wait no further, with just one click away, you can see the winner... And it is...

Spoiler show

We hope you enjoyed the awards and find new, awesome anime titles for you to check out.
    Visit us again at the next Anime Awards, and have a good day!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2