Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Will Hitsugaya Get Taller?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 50.00%
  • No

4 50.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Hitsugaya get taller?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Hitsugaya get taller?

I didn't mean that they have different reiatsus, I meant that lets say a higher reiatsu output could possibly lead to slower aging. Sure toshiro is young but he could be staying young, as in mid teens to early 20's longer then other shinigamis because of a higher reiatsu output.
    In naruto the slow aging has not been explained properly except that it has something to do with strong chackra, for example the Uzumaki clan having really long life spans and Madara too but not many others in the Uchiha clan, if any have shown this trait.
    I am not attempting to pinpoint a source for the ageing differences really, just a general thought
    Meh

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I didn't mean that they have different reiatsus, I meant that lets say a higher reiatsu output could possibly lead to slower aging. Sure toshiro is young but he could be staying young, as in mid teens to early 20's longer then other shinigamis because of a higher reiatsu output.
    Well, but in context what evidence do we have to suggest this? My point was that hitsugaya looks precisely the way he is supposed to at his age so why would we think high levels of reiatsu have anything to do with this? If anything, hitsugaya is precisely not a potential example of this if we take in consideration that actual and literal ordinary shinigami youth 100% explains him. I am more of the idea that before putting out theories of why hitsugaya is staying young he would in fact have had to stay young for a extremely long period of time by shinigami standards. It is just about 100 years to early too suggest hitsugaya has stayed young for an unusual amount of time. Hiyori in turn could be a potential example of this however none of us are ready to believe her reiatsu is exceptionally strong (she is of the lesser vizards) and if reiatsu of her level is enough to stay young then it would not explain why others (like gin or byakuya) didn't stay young due to growing stronger or why hiyori being THAT awesome is not currently a captain level fighter with bankai (her having bankai is a clear possibility however the overall level she has shown is not even on hitsugaya's tier just yet).

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, but in context what evidence do we have to suggest this? My point was that hitsugaya looks precisely the way he is supposed to at his age so why would we think high levels of reiatsu have anything to do with this? If anything, hitsugaya is precisely not a potential example of this if we take in consideration that actual and literal ordinary shinigami youth 100% explains him. I am more of the idea that before putting out theories of why hitsugaya is staying young he would in fact have had to stay young for a extremely long period of time by shinigami standards. It is just about 100 years to early too suggest hitsugaya has stayed young for an unusual amount of time. Hiyori in turn could be a potential example of this however none of us are ready to believe her reiatsu is exceptionally strong (she is of the lesser vizards) and if reiatsu of her level is enough to stay young then it would not explain why others (like gin or byakuya) didn't stay young due to growing stronger or why hiyori being THAT awesome is not currently a captain level fighter with bankai (her having bankai is a clear possibility however the overall level she has shown is not even on hitsugaya's tier just yet).
    Ok, that explains what you are saying better to me My reading comprehension can be of at times and I apologize for that. I really have no foundation for my claims on this particular matter. I skipped a bit sort of. I agree that Toshiro looks like he should at his age and that there is nothing weird with either him being short or him not growing taller. I mean we have seen him during very short time periods so there really is no way of determining that he is "short".

Hiyori is an example hard to take into account when calculating ageing as none of the waizards have changed over 100 years. Maybe the hollowfication of them slows ageing? Honestly though in the end I don't think there is any way to reason this then it being Kubo not really caring about having strict bodily maturing rules. It is a place of the supernatural after all.
    Meh

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Toshiro is slightly taller then Gin was when he joined Aizens squad. 100 years later and Gin looked all grown.

Not saying that all shinigamis grow at the same phase but it looks like a slower natural progression.
    He will become taller....and more awesome.
    Yeah, but at the same time, Hiyori didn't change at all in those 110 years...
    So, I guess it's really inconsistent...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Yeah, but at the same time, Hiyori didn't change at all in those 110 years...
    So, I guess it's really inconsistent...
    It's because Hiyori was most probably an adult already by that time.
    In fact, I doubt there is anything to suggest the opposite of it. Hiyori was a vice-captain, so, she couldn't possibly be that young.
    Gin's growing was more or less complete by the time Momo, Renji and Hisagi got into the Academy and Gin himself was a vice-captain. So, from 110 years ago to around 50 years ago, is our time span.
    Let's assume Gin to be a 10 year-old kid when he first graduated. It means his growth most likely stopped by the time he was 60 or so.
    That would actually mean Hiyori was past her sixties when she first appeared in the pendulum arc.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It's because Hiyori was most probably an adult already by that time.
    In fact, I doubt there is anything to suggest the opposite of it. Hiyori was a vice-captain, so, she couldn't possibly be that young.
    Gin's growing was more or less complete by the time Momo, Renji and Hisagi got into the Academy and Gin himself was a vice-captain. So, from 110 years ago to around 50 years ago, is our time span.
    Let's assume Gin to be a 10 year-old kid when he first graduated. It means his growth most likely stopped by the time he was 60 or so.
    That would actually mean Hiyori was past her sixties when she first appeared in the pendulum arc.
    But she still looks like a kid?!
    She doesn't look older than Hitsugaya!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

But she still looks like a kid?!
    She doesn't look older than Hitsugaya!
    Going by her looks, I'd say she is a kid, too.
    But time won't tell lies. She's at least around 150 years of age, if she became a vice-captain at the young age of 40

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Going by her looks, I'd say she is a kid, too.
    But time won't tell lies. She's at least around 150 years of age, if she became a vice-captain at the young age of 40
    So, that means that in 110 years, Hitsugaya will most likely still look the same...

It makes me wonder why Gin grew up in those 110 years, and not Hiyori...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, that means that in 110 years, Hitsugaya will most likely still look the same...

It makes me wonder why Gin grew up in those 110 years, and not Hiyori...
    Gin was at most 10 or something 110 years ago. Hiyori was 40 or more, so, actually it makes sense.
    And Hitsugaya may stay the same for all we know..

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's only been inconsistent from what we know with Hiyori. She is also the only waizard and none of them changed over the years so that is a factor we need to count in.
    Meh

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

All that ever changed was their hair style, a ten year old looking Gin doesn't have to be ten year old, a thirty looking shinigami can be a two hundred or thousand year old spirit. The aging in Bleach is a mess and will being so until the end of it, so I don't really care about anything but estimates.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2