Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: With Rajak is headed to Korea, do you expect Rael to show up as well?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • No

4 33.33%
  • Other (please post)

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 263 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 263 Review

God, the summary is freakin' huge this time. I tried to get it as small as I could but the thing is an albatross. Um...sorry.

The poll last week was on if Raizel will die within the next 50 chapters. The majority think he won't. This poll proved to be an interested conversation piece though. There are a lot of different visions of where the series is going. It will be fun to see which comes true.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

This is what we call foreshadowing....

This week begins with the Crombell in his office, studying the research data that Mark brought him from Frankenstein's laboratory. His excitement is tangible and whatever data he found is far more than he'd hoped for. He seems particularly pleased about it's potential to help close the gap in knowledge between himself and the 9th Elder.

Elsewhere, the 9th Elder and Roctis ( The 4th Elder) discuss that the time for conflict with Lukedonia has arrived. The 9th expresses concern about the fact that both the 10th and 11th had been killed and whehter or not a single clan leader could have done it. Roctis seems less concerned about that though, saying that it won't matter much who did it with the 5th 7th and 8th on taking care of things.

Back in Frankenstien's lab, he examines Tao and Takeo and remarks on how improved their conditions are but also notes their glum moods. The heavy price Raizel paid for their survival weighs on them. Franky just remarks how happy his master would be if he saw them depressed by such a thing.

M-21 is more focused on what M-24 did, blaming himself for it. Franky explains that M-24 was only able to take the information from the lab which was only a small fraction but it was fairly recent and, as such, will be fairly valuable. He also tells M-21 not to blame himself and that it would be better for everyone to focus on the future; because the Union will come seriously from now on. Then he asks Seira if she's received any word from Lukedonia since she sent her report. She say's she hasn't yet and he remarks that they have difficult decision ahead.

Even after this M-21 is still dwelling on what M-24 did and finally Regis tells him that he doesn't have time to moping and that they all need to get stronger so that the next time something like this happens they all aren't so powerless. They all agree, but M-21 still can't shed his anger toward M-24 and inwardly proclaims that he will NEVER forgive him.

Meanwhile, in Lukedonia, the Lord is holding a meeting of the Clan Leaders about what to do. Gejutel proposes that they send another Clan Leader to join Regis and Seira; since full-fledged conflict with the union is now unavoidable. As they silently consider this, Karias raises his hand and volunteers(pretending, very unconvincingly, to be reluctant about it). They all pause a moment and Gejutel suggest that since Rajak is already on a trip he would be most suitable(ignoring him). As they discuss Rajak, Karias continues to try and volunteer and continues to be ignored. Finally he resorts to addressing the lord as "Nunim" the impropriety of which sends the room into a rage; the Lord just sighs though.

Back at the School, Raizel's schoolmates notice his absence and decided to visit Frankenstien's house. When they get there Frankenstein see' them and heads toward the basement. In a flashback we see Frankenstein practically begging his master to rest even if only for a few days, which Raizel seems reluctant to do for fear of a prolonged sleep separating him from his friends. Frankenstein finally convinces him to rest by promising to that he will awaken him in a few days. We jump out of the flashback to see Frankenstein standing over the coffin with his resting master inside.

Chapter Review

How could she say no to that face?

Substance

The next big battle is coming and everybody took a bit step toward getting ready for it this week.

Tao, Takeo, Regis, and M-21 all are resolved to pull their own weight next time. We'll see if they can actually pull that off though, given the power level of what's about to come down on them. M-21's distraction seems to be something that won't be gotten rid of so easily, so that could be another fly in the ointment.

Rajak will be the reinforcement from Lukedonia, thanks to him being on a trip. A trip which I presume was hunting down his douche of a little brother. I'm a little sad Karias didn't get his way, as I would have liked to see him at Raizel's school but Rajak should still be fun.

Crombell has Frankenstien's research now or a piece of it at least. We can't sure what it's about specifically but it's definitely not a ramen recipe. This will likely mean further upgrades for Yuri and Mark among other things further down the road.

Overall, the situation these 3 Union Elders are walking into seems pretty bad to me. Assuming these guys are Clan Leader level, which would be pretty generous given the track record of the Union Elders. Frankenstien, Rajak, and Seira seem to me like they should be more than an even match. Then if you add Regis, Tao, Takeo, and M-21. The odds seem to be very much against the Union.

Presentation

I thought the artwork was above average this week. Facial expressions were quite expressive, and fun in Karias' case. I liked the shading used on M-21's eyes to express his dark anger when he thought about what M-24 had done.

Pacing was good, though very dense, hence my freakin' enormous summary. The part the end with students coming to see Raizel worked well shift focus back to Raizel and his schoolmates before the sky starts falling. It also creates just a hit of anticipation in the way it didn't actually show Franky waking up his master. We know Franky will, but considering that resting might prolong his masters life a little bit more, it plants the idea that a desperate Franky might considering not waking him for his own good.

Overall Rating

This chapter covered a lot of ground. Setting things in motion for all the big factions for the next arc as well as shifting focus back to the students for a bit. The artwork was solid and well done.

I give it a 5 out 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • The coming combat arc will be Raizel's last.

Old Predictions: (20 Wins/ 25 Losses)

Nothing at the moment.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; December 18, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 263 Review

Thanks for the reivew again Jamin

This was a bold prediction
    Quote Quote:
    The coming combat arc will be Raizel's last.
    - however based on the recent events - its very possible if not likely. I'm hoping something with the previous lords issuance of ths soul weapon Ragnarok to Raizel - will play a role in preventing Raizel's death. Hopefully with another message from him.
    I would have like to see another clan leader besides Rajak though since Rael is missing it make sense that his brother would be out searching for him.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thanks for the reivew again Jamin

This was a bold prediction - however based on the recent events - its very possible if not likely. I'm hoping something with the previous lords issuance of ths soul weapon Ragnarok to Raizel - will play a role in preventing Raizel's death. Hopefully with another message from him.
    I would have like to see another clan leader besides Rajak though since Rael is missing it make sense that his brother would be out searching for him.
    "Bold" is the goal. "correct" is more of a bonus target.

I suppose from the angle of power=life force. More power might theoretically come out to more life force but somehow I doubt it.

I feel the same as you do about Rajak, which is why I think he's kinda being forced into this scenario so the Rael thing plus the Union attack can all take place at the same time creating one giant debacle. Though I'd much rather it be Karias; Shin Woo, Raizel, and he would be a riot together.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 18, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite liked this week's review.

I don't think that Rai will die in the end, maybe he'll just go back to sleep or find a way to be rejuvenated. Perhaps Franky discovers a way to create a SW for Rai, even though it's been stated that he can't use one. I can't see Rai being willing to take in souls or anything to gain immortality as Franky has done, unless Franky tricks him somehow. If Rai were to somehow become the Lord, maybe magic science could heal him.

I'm still not sure if they couldn't just seemingly fix the hole, or whatever you want to call it, through which Rai's powers are seeping out (my wording, admittedly), which was caused by the Traitors' attack and Rai using so much of his energy. Franky hasn't been able to find a way so far, although I don't see Rai dying as no good character has died in this series.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rael appeared now along with his brother, then that would be pretty disappointing. Seeing the countless possibilities about him, like being abducted/used by Union/traitors, and then him suddenly reappearing like this after 1&1/2 seasons like nothing happened....that would be pretty dull. Hope he's used on much larger scale..

Its good that Rai is asleep, as this would give other characters a chance to shine, provided he doesnt wake up during the middle of battle. Frankenstein would unlikely wake his master soon. Hope Rai sleeps for much longer....

Ah! Thanks for the lengthy review. I am one of the few who likes long review, and so this one was a nice treat.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of the possibility of Rael being a captured experiment already and entertained the possibilities of him being a rouge.
    He did experience a huge failure - can't wait to see when he'll be reintroduced again.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After that abrupt transition from Frankenstein convincing Rai to sleep for a bit and suddenly going down the elevator alone. First thought was: there are two RAIs and Franky is pulling out the backup

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Rael will show up, but I don't mean he will soon, like in the next few chapters, I think he'll show up about in the middle-end of this next battle arc, and the business with him will happen at the same time. Though it might not be concluded still in this arc, Rael might stay at the Union's side and then reappear in another future arc.

And about it being Raizel's last fight I think he will sleep through all of it or only awake by the end, so in that case it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I suppose from the angle of power=life force. More power might theoretically come out to more life force but somehow I doubt it.
    I always saw it the other way: Rai's power is too strong and enormous for his body to handle, so it affects his body and life force negatively when he uses it. Though I understand it's logical to think that since when he uses his power he loses his life force the two are equivalent, so you're probably right. But is there any other hint that it's like you said or are we both just making random assumptions? I'm too lazy to check if there's anything on than matter.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Ah! Thanks for the lengthy review. I am one of the few who likes long review, and so this one was a nice treat.
    I also like long reviews. The lengthier, the better so thanks Jammin .
    Last edited by MangaPage; December 22, 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I love long reviews, is a pleasure to read

New Reply