Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Discussion Thread!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Yeah it's a good fit. They say Abrams has a lot of experience directing sci fi clicks in the past (directed the new Star Trek movie as well which looks pretty cool), so it's understandable why they choose him. However, I'm not worried about his directing skills though because his credentials obviously speak for himself. Like benelori said I'm more interested in the original story they plan to create despite having so much material they could have utilized derived from Star Wars lore.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

If they're arguably the best people to take on the job why would the story be weak?
    well, i forget actually the writer wasnt abrams and his crew they were just directing and producing and writer was micheal arndt. my bad actually. proves you should never write something without double checking.

About the case of abrams and their story being weak; they usually get things either too complicated or too simple and everything becomes a mess in which they cant even clean up.... they make it up with good acting and SFX. I have yet to see 1 of abrams show not to get mangled up actually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see focus on Luke, Leia and Han Solo's children. The New Jedi Order headed by Luke and his relationship with Mara Jade as well as "Anakin Solo". Plus, there is many possibilities for new villains in the "Sequel Trilogy".

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear. I didn't bother much with the Extended Universe until recently when the news came that there is actually a continuation of Star Wars, which is also the reason for this thread. Honestly, I hope that none or only very few of EU will be considered for the movie.It just doesn't add up on so many levels while repeating the same theme over and over again on matters that were already solved.
    In the end it won't matter much though I guess. Just like the prequel I'll end up embracing whatever is in the sequel as canon and ignore the rest

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear that there will be a new movie every summer starting in 2015...no specific amount of movies mentioned...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I know some stuff about the extended universe & read a few things as well.

In my opinion, Luke Skywalker is a boring character after the return of the jedi. He is the mighty jedi, almost no flaws & not so vulnerable to the dark side ... boring. Plus I don't want to see old Harrison Ford, old Mark Hamill & what's left of Carrie Fisher as main characters. It would be an error. I'm not against cameo appearances but that's it.

If they really want to do an other trilogy about a skywalker, do it after Cade Skywalker. That one is interesting. And as it is happening hunderds years after Luke's era, it would be a great reboot. Cade is closer to Han Solo than to the "Jedi" attitude & would be a great lead. Plus Darth Krayt could be an enjoyable movie vilain.

But, anyways, I don't see George Lucas bother at all about the extended universe. It will likely be an original story.
    Last edited by zelllogan; April 22, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I hear that there will be a new movie every summer starting in 2015...no specific amount of movies mentioned...
    heard about that. rumor has it that there's going to be the new trilogy every 2 years from 2015 on and inbetween there'll be movies focusing on certain characters, Yoda and Boba Fett are most commonly speculated on I think.

as for the main characters of Star Wars, it doesn't really matter who the flesh and bone sidecast is or when it plays as long as C3PO and R2D2 are in

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I know some stuff about the extended universe & read a few things as well.

In my opinion, Luke Skywalker is a boring character after the return of the jedi. He is the mighty jedi, almost no flaws & not so vulnerable to the dark side ... boring. Plus I don't want to see old Harrison Ford, old Mark Hamill & what's left of Carrie Fisher as main characters. It would be an error. I'm not against cameo appearances but that's it.

If they really want to do an other trilogy about a skywalker, do it after Cade Skywalker. That one is interesting. And as it is happening hunderds years after Luke's era, it would be a great reboot. Cade is closer to Han Solo than to the "Jedi" attitude & would be a great lead. Plus Darth Krayt could be an enjoyable movie vilain.

But, anyways, I don't see George Lucas bother at all about the extended universe. It will likely be an original story.
    Well, that kinda depends on at what point in time the story is to take place. In the expanded universe it takes him more than a while to actually get a padawan and start his jedi academy.... Honestly though, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about luke jumpstarting the jedi order and finding its place in the universe after the galaxy spent 20 years without jedis. Other than that I can't imagine luke doing much in the movie other than sitting as the head of the jedi council or something. Hamil has aged horribly, even the prospect of seeing him in a lightsaber duel is terrible. Of course, a movie about luke jumpstarting the jedi order would have to feature a different luke from hamil.

Ford is older now but he hasn't aged as badly as the others... I wouldn't mind seeing him kick some ass in the movie. I wonder how disney would play that out. Ideally solo ended up with leia so perhaps it would be interesting to see how a badass uncultured rebel smuggler made his relationship with a well bred refined diplomatic princess work. Or perhaps the twist will be that it actually did not work out because they were incompatible in every regard but did have a badass kid to take over the solo's role.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Disney is about to poop on my childhood. The prequels were bad enough.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, disney has done a pretty good job with the marvel universe so far and while some people do feel the movies are not all that great most people do enjoy them. Specially the iron man ones.... I don't think we know enough just yet to have reasons to believe significant childhood pooping will occur. Disney spent 4 billion on the franchise, I don't think they would give the go ahead to any movie if it was really terrible. I guess they could miss but I don't think Disney missing with a movie is that common an occurrence. At least not the majority....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love it if they adopted something along these lines...

But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a deep, forboding feeling about this. Abrams is going to write with Kasdan now. A part of me wonders if Abrams will try to reinvent a formula that doesn't need to be?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the series does need some change from what it was to make some sense today. It does need to preserve the things which make star wars, well, star wars while at the same time be something appealing today. They need at least vast improvements over the prequel trilogy. They can't have more jar jars, they need to have better written plots and storylines (anakin going to the dark side still makes remarkably little sense), and they definitely need significantly improved lightsaber fights (disney can't have random people on youtube outdoing them when making lightsaber fights as lucasfilm did). If there is a mace windu film, he definitely needs to utter the words "motherf****r" at least once too (ok, that doesn't need to happen and it certainly won't but how awesome would it be?).

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2