Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Click HERE to read my awesome new thread!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thatpinktee's Avatar
    The northern country of maple syrup and stormy winters
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Click HERE to read my awesome new thread!

Hello!

Nice to meet you all! If you are wondering about my name: I love the colour pink, and my name starts with a T. I also happen to own quite a few pink tees. A play on words

I also happen to love manga art, which is the reason I joined this forum. I grew up avidly watching Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. Awesome!

I love doodling and the word doodle too Art is like food for my soul.

Now that you know a little more about me, I have three questions for you:

1) how/why did you pick your username?

2) what animes/manga did you grow up watching/reading?

3) what is your hobby?

Hope to get to know you all of you! The more, the merrier!
    Last edited by thatpinktee; March 29, 2014 at 09:09 AM.
    thatpinktee | This is a recollection of my amazingly awesome adventures!
    "The hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Click HERE to read my awesome new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by thatpinktee View Post
    Hello!

Nice to meet you all! If you are wondering about my name: I love the colour pink, and my name starts with a T. I also happen to own quite a few pink tees. A play on words

I also happen to love manga art, which is the reason I joined this forum. I grew up avidly watching Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. Awesome!

I love doodling and the word doodle too Art is like food for my soul.

Now that you know a little more about me, I have two questions for you:

1) how/why did you pick your username?

2) what animes/manga did you grow up watching/reading?

3) what is your hobby?

Hope to get to know you all of you! The more, the merrier!
    It's a lady~~~~!

Hello and welcome pinktee~!

That's a cool nickname you have there. I think I only have the one pink t-shirt I've had for a few years. Not that I have anything against the colour, some guys can rock it just fine.

You know, I'd never heard of Samurai Pizza Cats until this moment; seemed like randomly put together words to me until I googled it . Do you have a particular manga artist that you prefer or style?

Also do you have a site/page to showcase your work?

Ohhh questions, hmmmmm it's very rare for the thread starter to ask questions, but I'll bite.

1)It was a randomly assigned nick from an old football(soccer) video game forum many years ago. When I joined here, I couldn't think of anything better so I just kept it. I thought about changing it before but now everyone knows by that name or my real name, so there's no point.

2) I think in my youth I'd only read Saint Seiya and Dragonball. I think. Animes, oooh DB, Saint Seiya, Hokuto no Ken, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Yuyu Hakusho, City Hunter, a lot more. Anime was very central to my tv time.

3) Hobbies would be watching tv shows and movie, gym, getting starbucks coffee with my best friend, sleeping, MH, ladies!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thatpinktee's Avatar
    The northern country of maple syrup and stormy winters
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, Sanjiiii! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Finding a good nickname to use is so hard these days; they're all taken so I had to use quite a bit of creativity! When I think about it, Samurai Pizza Cat did seem like a random show, cyborg and samurai cats that work at a pizza place who fight against an evil rat? Crazy lol!

I've always been a big fan of Naoko Takeuchi's work (Sailor Moon - love how flowery her art is) as well as Arina Tanemura (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne - very detailed style and mannn did I love her style). CLAMP were my heroes!!

I have a deviantart page, as well as a youtube page. Feel free to drop by and say hi

1 - true! best stick to a nickname people know you by!
    2 - I gotta start watching the Saint Seiya anime, people keep recommending it to me. I really loved the dragonball mangas as well; the anime was less good however, I found.
    3 - Starbucks is awfully addictive!! Tried kicking my caffeine addiction to the curb; not sure it's working!
    Sleeping should definitely be on everybody's list of hobbies; the world would be less grumpy lol.
    thatpinktee | This is a recollection of my amazingly awesome adventures!
    "The hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatpinktee View Post
    Hahaha, Sanjiiii! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Finding a good nickname to use is so hard these days; they're all taken so I had to use quite a bit of creativity! When I think about it, Samurai Pizza Cat did seem like a random show, cyborg and samurai cats that work at a pizza place who fight against an evil rat? Crazy lol!

I've always been a big fan of Naoko Takeuchi's work (Sailor Moon - love how flowery her art is) as well as Arina Tanemura (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne - very detailed style and mannn did I love her style). CLAMP were my heroes!!

I have a deviantart page, as well as a youtube page. Feel free to drop by and say hi

1 - true! best stick to a nickname people know you by!
    2 - I gotta start watching the Saint Seiya anime, people keep recommending it to me. I really loved the dragonball mangas as well; the anime was less good however, I found.
    3 - Starbucks is awfully addictive!! Tried kicking my caffeine addiction to the curb; not sure it's working!
    Sleeping should definitely be on everybody's list of hobbies; the world would be less grumpy lol.

No problem; I should make that a regular thing when welcoming new members

It's always a shock to me when I sign up for different sites to see that "goldb" is taken. Who could possibly want to take that from me? Well, I guess if anything then it makes you use your creativity to come up with something better then, no? . Is that the plot of the story? Sounds like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle spoof or something lol.

A touch of Takeuchi's style is quite apparent in your work; especially your "Birth of Stars" piece . Though the one you're using for your avatar is a different style to some of your others found on DA. Quite adorable. I don't think I ever did read anything by clamp. Unfortunately I stuck to mostly mainstream shounen then seinen series, but also don't read a lot of mangas in general.

I've added your DA to my watchlist, so hopefully you'll have a lot more pieces to post here on MH and there too. The art section has regular contests that you are more than welcomed to take part in too.

Also saw a bit of your video on YT. Where in Europe did you visit?

Which Saint Seiya series do you want to watch? because there are few different adaptations. DB was a big part of many children who are now into mangas/anime. It served a gateway into the culture and industry. At least that case is true for me.

I wouldn't say my regular visits to Starbucks is an addiction (), it's only sometimes. Though I've been for the past 3 days lol. Yes, people should be less grumpy, though there are those that sleep enough for everyone

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Pink and flower OVERLOAD!

Enthusiasm is great! Even more so because there will be a Sailor Moon reboot

So my username is my almost my real name, I grew up on Sailor Moon and Saber Rider(US version obviously...such an awesome intro), and my hobbies are many, but reading is up in the list, I'm also a video game nerd, and tech nerd and dance nerd

Welcome to MH!!!

PS: you like cyborgs => you like cyberpunk genre?

New Reply