Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 522 Discussion

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    if renji gets a new weapon type i hope its a dual scythe or perhaps ichigo suits it more i dunno but someone needs a dual scythe they pwn and look cool
    Nnoitra...?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I'm inclined to think the baboon-woman/snake-boy Zabimaru shown in the filler arc is non-canon. Although I don't know why they'd even bother giving it a new design for that arc to begin with. But the only form we've seen in the manga is this one:

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...18-page-2.html

and there's really no reason for Kubo to have changed it. Hopefully we'll get confirmation in the next chapter or so. I for one hope Kubo sticks with the above design though, because personally I'm not fond of the other one. Renji's sword having two spirits doesn't even make sense, since it's a singular weapon, unlike Shunsui and Ukitake's Zans.
    I do not sugest the design is altered greatly from its original or that the anime version is used. But going back to the old zabimaru is pointless he needs a powerboost so if the original design is used maybe splitting it in 2 swordss could be an improvement. Perhaps give him the speed of a snakestrike with 1 and the other the stopping power of the baboon
    Last edited by ca12nag3; January 07, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji's Zanpakuto spirit to have similar tattoos like Renji has. Found it interesting always.
    Amongst the non-canon Zanpakuto spirits, Ukitake's was the best: Two little kids

I really like this double spirit theory. It could be some sort of unique power, so, a dual Zanpakuto wielder could be naturally gifted in that sense. Not that we have enough data to come to such a conclusion right now, but I'd love to see it happen.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Nnoitra...?
    Nope, he didn't look that cool because of his body shape or growing more scythe over time.
    But Hisagi's Kazeshini looks cool, although it's not quite a scythe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike hisagis weapon- like a pinwheel of doom, or something.

there seems to be a difference between a dual weapon zanpaktou type, and a zanpaktou like renjis that is a single weapon made up of a hybrid chimera type spirit. Perhaps the baboon and snake represent two aspects of personality within the spirit. where as dual weapons could be more like having a zanpaktou that is not one being but a twin.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Nope, he didn't look that cool because of his body shape or growing more scythe over time.
    But Hisagi's Kazeshini looks cool, although it's not quite a scythe.
    Still, creating second character with double scythes would be boring.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Still, creating second character with double scythes would be boring.
    I could agree more or less.
    If the style is going to be great, however, I'd find it appealing, as well.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as we know having two zampakuto spirits it is a bit of a grey area. We have seen ichigo as a special case however there is the consideration that shirosaki and zangetsu are not in fact independent. Their relation is one of subordination so far with the stronger one being the one ultimately being in charge. Even when the two of them fused together during ichigo's last inner world training it seemed that the fusion of the two was still controlled at large by zangetsu and other than wearing some of shirosaki's colors and hollow traits the design was largely that of zangetsu.

One way or the other we have in the end not seen a single example of a shinigami having multiple zampakuto independently hold their power. As far as we know having more than one zampakuto has the direct implication of a shinigami having multiple powers, two independent zampakuto each with intrinsically independent abilities and perhaps each with a particular reiatsu core (my impression is that zampakuto spirits also control the users reiatsu to some extent) which basically means a lone shinigami being the owner of several reiatsus. Even when we have seen people with dual zampakuto (shunsui and ukitake mainly) they only have 1 ability or trick. Ukitake only has the absorbing and redirecting bit and shunsui as far as we have seen only has games.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I do not sugest the design is altered greatly from its original or that the anime version is used. But going back to the old zabimaru is pointless he needs a powerboost so if the original design is used maybe splitting it in 2 swordss could be an improvement. Perhaps give him the speed of a snakestrike with 1 and the other the stopping power of the baboon
    Well his Bankai should change, but only minimally since it's not as damaged as Ichigo's. Despite what Byakuya did to it, Hihou Zabimaru has been more or less functional ever since, though we don't know how much weaker it is than it would otherwise be. His shikai should remain the same, though, since it's only Bankai that need remodelling when damaged. And as Royd/Bach pointed out, no Bankai has a different ability from it's respective Shikai. Renji's Shikai is basically an extending series of blade segments, so his Bankai should be similar in nature.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as far as we know having two zampakuto spirits it is a bit of a grey area. We have seen ichigo as a special case however there is the consideration that shirosaki and zangetsu are not in fact independent. Their relation is one of subordination so far with the stronger one being the one ultimately being in charge. Even when the two of them fused together during ichigo's last inner world training it seemed that the fusion of the two was still controlled at large by zangetsu and other than wearing some of shirosaki's colors and hollow traits the design was largely that of zangetsu.

One way or the other we have in the end not seen a single example of a shinigami having multiple zampakuto independently hold their power. As far as we know having more than one zampakuto has the direct implication of a shinigami having multiple powers, two independent zampakuto each with intrinsically independent abilities and perhaps each with a particular reiatsu core (my impression is that zampakuto spirits also control the users reiatsu to some extent) which basically means a lone shinigami being the owner of several reiatsus. Even when we have seen people with dual zampakuto (shunsui and ukitake mainly) they only have 1 ability or trick. Ukitake only has the absorbing and redirecting bit and shunsui as far as we have seen only has games.
    Yeah. The thing is, even in the case of dual-weapon Zanpakuto, they seem to function as a codependent set. So it's not so much that they are two seperate Zanpakuto as one Zanpakuto in the form of two swords. Shunsui can't release one sword and not the other, as far as we know. Even in Ichigo's case, Zangetsu and Shirosaki are two sides of the same coin. They are one being split into two; and Shirosaki isn't even a Zanpakuto spirit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

renjis bankai should get more blades on the bones- like instead of just in the one direction on top (^) Id like to see (+) all four sides of the segments with serrated edges- and maybe longer mane for the dragon head part.

for ichigo, Id like to see a thicker blade- I like the serrated look, but Id like to see a slightly more beefy blade- It could still be compressed an all that, But this is the perfect time to tweak the design of his bankai-

Also, Id like his clothing to resemble zangetsus robes a bit more-
    and sunglasses-- Lets hope he gets the terminator look, lol.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

no,both of them should transform as could yamamoto's. if this is really the last arc,then it has to improve their bankai for the last time...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, renji's bankai was limited by his own reiatsu and the fact that it never recovered from byakuya's attack 2 years ago. The effect of renji having his bankai reforged should depend on a number of factors. The first would naturally be just how much weaker it was in comparison to what it originally was. Mayuri says that the destroyed segments of the bankai never actually recovered however later on we saw the bankai had a number of segments still available to it. Perhaps this means that renji was simply unable to call forth all the segments of his bankai the first time he used it and the subsequent times he simply used segments which he could not use before? Not sure how to explain the head of the bankai though. Or maybe renji is using his reiatsu to actually force all the pieces of his bankai together?

Now, the next consideration would be exactly what effect having those broken pieces had on the overall effectiveness of his bankai. If he was simply using other pieces which he could not use before then having broken pieces would not be something which would have a direct effect on him yet. He is simply using as many pieces as he can manage so having a few broken pieces would not have a significant effect on the overall power of his bankai as he was to begin with unable to manage its full might. The broken pieces would start being an issue only when renji can actually handle more of his bankai. In turn it is entirely possible that even in an scenario where he was not using all the pieces he had available the broken pieces would cause his bankai to be comparatively weaker than it was.

Now, the other factors would be just how much stronger renji got over the past couple of years. Renji got stronger over the 2 year timeskip as far as we know and 2 years is 20% of the time required to acquire the power to use bankai. To boot renji got a boost from eating kirio's food and having his body 100% healed and perhaps more. Of course that having a maimed bankai is not quite about to stop renji from training with it so by standard zampakuto training he should have also improved a bit.

Now, the final consideration would be the actual effect of having a potentially fully restored bankai. Renji's power might have increased but what happens if the restored bankai actually consumes more power than his maimed one? He is in a position where he has a stronger weapon but at the same time this weapon also takes a higher tool on him even with the recent power boosts he has experienced. Of course if the broken bankai consumed just as much power as a normal bankai and renji continued to train it over the past 2 years then he would be golden in this particular department. In the latter scenario he would be able to use 100% of whatever he has currently mastered of his bankai. In the previous scenario he has to control a weapon with more power but which also suddenly demands more from him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope zangetsu spirit comes back and lecture ichigo and train him how to don't fucking break his sword and becaming an stronger fighter while the dark side of ichigo could come back(hollow).. i love hollow form so i hope it returns to the manga.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after getting his Bankai restored and maybe developed as well, Renji might become on par with Mayuri for example. Would be a good level-up for him, but won't be too much of an asspull. Would be good to see Renji actually usefull.
    I don't want to see Kubo building him up to trash him in the very first fight.
    Also I believe they will have some more training. They might get something for the Kidou girl as well and something for the Baldie...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, after getting his Bankai restored and maybe developed as well, Renji might become on par with Mayuri for example. Would be a good level-up for him, but won't be too much of an asspull. Would be good to see Renji actually usefull.
    Also I believe they will have some more training. They might get something for the Kidou girl as well and something for the Baldie...
    Senjumaru Shutara you mean. The woman with the crescent behind her.

What i hope for Renji is that he doesnt get his bankai as it was because it sucked, he didnt beat any significant opponent and the only one he beat was Jackie but shes not even close to being strong. Early stage Ichigo beat him once and the 2nd time he got canned. Its only that Byakuya took Ichigo down or he would have bought it.
    Sure i like his character a lot but he really needs a powerboost now. So getting Zabimaru back wont help him.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Reiatsu-wise, he may be close to Mayuri. Mayuri has never been referred to as a reiatsu-monster, after all. But it's an uphill task to defeat him in an actual battle. That's the difference between captains and the others, in my opinion. Their experience really counts for something.

I want to learn the relationship between Shutara and Mayuri.
    Actually, it would be awesome if we got another Pendulum-like arc again, as somebody has already pointed out in this thread.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast