Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 522 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

ca12nag3
    I agree. But I believe that Renji's Bankai won't be the same as we remember it. It was mentioned by Kubo that his Bankai changed and it might change futher due to this training, so it might be more powerful that it was before.
    Also I believe that Shutara and Baldie will give some power-ups as well to Renji and Ichigo, so I believe Renji might have a chance to become stronger after this trip to Royal Dimension.

Hakuteiken
    Well, even not being Reiatsu monster Mayuri seems to have stronger Reiatsu than Renji or Ikkaku. It's one of the reasons why he is a Captain. But after this trip to Royal Dimension I believe Renji will level level considerably in terms of Reiatsu and might surpass Mayuri in terms of it.
    The thing about Mayuri and most of the low-tier Captians like Soi Fong, Komamura and Hitsugaya is that their basic abilities like Shunpo, Kidou, hand-to-hand combat and Zanjutsu are way higher than what the likes of Vice Captains have and as you've said experience counts as well, but if Renji gets his Bankai repaired and also developed due to this training and his Reiatsu boosted, then he might be able to fight on par with the likes of Mayuri and Komamura.
    The thing is that it actually depends on Kubo what he wants from Renji. If he really wants to make a serious, but last development for him, then it might happen. If he just wants to show how stronger Ichigo will get via the same training compared to Renji and then Renji will be defeated in the first battle, then it would be his choise, but it would be really sad to see this.
    Well, I can't actually understand how Mayuri and Shuutara can be connected, since she seemed to become Royal Guard before Hikifune, but at that time Mayuri was quite young. Maybe older than current Renji, but still quite young, so how could he know her as it seems that she became Royal Guard before Aizen joined Gotei...

P.S. I agree that we need another Turn Back the Pendulumn Arc. We have tons of things to learn. Especially about Isshin, Ryuken, Masaki and tons of other things. And also how Aizen is connected to Ichigo's burth as he stated during one of their last encounters before Isshin came.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; January 08, 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

COLOR="red"]Jorge D. Dragon[/COLOR]

I agree with most of what you said, but I have to disagree with you on a few points.

1. Shutara and Baldie will likely give 'power-ups' to Byakuya and Rukia. After all, in fantasy literature the clergy often take on roles that have the ability to use 'magic', or that universe's equivalent, i.e. Kido. Adding on to that, Ichigo & Renji can only get momentously stronger by increasing their reiatsu, and bettering their sword techniques within the alotted timeslot, not learning a completely new art.

2. Mayuri is not a reiatsu monster, he is a captain, thus he has a greater amount of reiatsu than most common shinigami, that doesn't put him on the levels of Ichigo and Kenpachi.

3. You cannot tell the age of a shinigami by their looks alone. Rukia has been stated to be over 140 years old, and look at her.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, when we saw his real face after battling Ishida, Mayuri looked very young, so, it's really tough to just go by looks.
    And since Shutara realizes him and Mayuri is annoyed to be underestimated, it means he was a significant person back when Shutara was still in SS. Mayuri also knew Captain-Commander couldn't kill Juha Bach 1000 years ago. In all likelihood, he is at the age of a senior captain at least to know so much about all these things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Actually, when we saw his real face after battling Ishida, Mayuri looked very young, so, it's really tough to just go by looks.
    And since Shutara realizes him and Mayuri is annoyed to be underestimated, it means he was a significant person back when Shutara was still in SS. Mayuri also knew Captain-Commander couldn't kill Juha Bach 1000 years ago. In all likelihood, he is at the age of a senior captain at least to know so much about all these things.
    Isn't he also the holder of all the records in SS? I too think he may be around the age of Shunsui but he could be younger based on that.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

100 years ago he was in maggot's nest, locked up. After going out he still could handle Urahara being his superior, so I don't think he is as old as Shunsui or Ukitake.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to take 5-7 chapters to cover and we will only learn 1-2 new things about Ichigo's Zanpakuto, and probably something we already had a hunch about.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    100 years ago he was in maggot's nest, locked up. After going out he still could handle Urahara being his superior, so I don't think he is as old as Shunsui or Ukitake.
    It actually implies, 100 years ago, he was already an established Shinigami, and a dangerous man. Not necessarily makes him that much old, though.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It actually implies, 100 years ago, he was already an established Shinigami, and a dangerous man. Not necessarily makes him that much old, though.
    He rebelled and got locked up, that's what it implies. Still, was he THAT significant? Is he much older than Urahara? If he is, why does he feel inferior to Urahara? Isn't he a genius, then?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He rebelled and got locked up, that's what it implies. Still, was he THAT significant? Is he much older than Urahara? If he is, why does he feel inferior to Urahara? Isn't he a genius, then?
    Did he feel inferior? I don't interpret it so. He wasn't willing to be freed to be his subordinate until.. He heard the mentioning of the possibility that he could take over as the head of the research bureau.
    Much older than Urahara? Unlikely, I'd say, thought without ruling it out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

When Mayuri was released from the Maggot's nest, he was instantly given 3rd seat of the 12th Division IIRC. Interestingly enough, Urahara was 3rd seat of some other division before being instated as Captain of the 12th (again, IIRC). So before using his special Bankai acquisition technique, Urahara was at the same level as Mayuri. It's certainly not proof that they were the same age, since we don't know how long Mayuri was in prison or how long Urahara was in 3rd Seat, but it at does kind of impliy they were at similar stages.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he feel inferior? I don't interpret it so. He wasn't willing to be freed to be his subordinate until.. He heard the mentioning of the possibility that he could take over as the head of the research bureau.
    Much older than Urahara? Unlikely, I'd say, thought without ruling it out.
    He knows that, but doesn't want to acknowledge that. That's why it pisses him off, when other people try to compare him. He knows he's inferior in terms of intelligence and it's humbling for him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I hope we see Zangetsu and Zabimaru next chapter, I dont want to see Ichigo and Renji fight some random zankpatou spirits, and btw I dont understand how the hell does Ōetsu Nimaiya MAKE zankpatou, in that case everyone would need to get their zankpatou when it is created by him, and it was clearly implied that zankpatou is part of every shinigami soul, that is, its power is coming from shinigamis inner world, just like in Ichigos case it just appeared in his hand. I think that every shinigami has their powers inside them even without zankpatou, just like Aizen managed to cast some kind of illusion without zankpatou on Juha Bach that screwed with his time perception, so maybe zankpatou is just making their power more potent or just easier to use, and after Ōetsu Nimaiya created it, Soul King saw it useful and integrated it in every shinigami soul so the could use their power more easily, asuming Soul King can do such thing, then why he couldnt he is holding freking reality together as stated by Urahara. Sorry if I got carried of havent read manga in long time and these new Bleach chapters are suprisingly very good and full of new interesting revelations. And what do you guys think other two Royal guard created in SS, I think bald guy created kido, and Shutara woman maybe something like Senkaimon

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carcina View Post
    Well I hope we see Zangetsu and Zabimaru next chapter, I dont want to see Ichigo and Renji fight some random zankpatou spirits, and btw I dont understand how the hell does Ōetsu Nimaiya MAKE zankpatou, in that case everyone would need to get their zankpatou when it is created by him, and it was clearly implied that zankpatou is part of every shinigami soul, that is, its power is coming from shinigamis inner world, just like in Ichigos case it just appeared in his hand. I think that every shinigami has their powers inside them even without zankpatou, just like Aizen managed to cast some kind of illusion without zankpatou on Juha Bach that screwed with his time perception, so maybe zankpatou is just making their power more potent or just easier to use, and after Ōetsu Nimaiya created it, Soul King saw it useful and integrated it in every shinigami soul so the could use their power more easily, asuming Soul King can do such thing, then why he couldnt he is holding freking reality together as stated by Urahara. Sorry if I got carried of havent read manga in long time and these new Bleach chapters are suprisingly very good and full of new interesting revelations. And what do you guys think other two Royal guard created in SS, I think bald guy created kido, and Shutara woman maybe something like Senkaimon
    Yes its part of a persons soul.

But you got to take into consideration that there are *more ways to Rome*.
    Throughout bleach you continuously see that Ichigo trains in a different way then others do. Like how he gained Bankai in under 3 days, which normally takes 100s of years. But Urahara devised a way to make it possible, as in another way to achieve it.

Also this guy has a lot of Zanpakuto. Not just 1. And he also preaches that they dont love their Zanpakuto enough so they break, this implies he loves all his...girls a lot.... lol.
    But for a strong Shinigami of elite class i suspect its possible to have more then 1.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

shane1594

!. Well, we'll see. but anyways I believe Ichigo has to at least pass through every Royal Guard, so they will either give him some valueble info or some sort of power-up. So I think the last two will do the same.

2. I never stated Mayuri to be a Reiatsu monster. I actually believe that his level of Reiatsu is the lowest among current Captains. Still, even this ammount of Reiatsu seems to be considerably stronger compared to either Renji or Ikkaku. That was my only point.

3. Well, Rukia was 200 years old in the begining of the story. It just shows that 200 years old by Shinigami age is very young. The same Hitsugaya seems to have evel lesser age. Overall I agree that we can't tell Shinigami's age by looking at him, but Mayuri just doesn't strike as a person who was old enough to know Shutara as an active Shinigami in SS. When he met Urahara in Turn back the pendulumn he looked around current Gin's age at best and we know that Gin isn't that old.

Hakuteiken
    Well, when we saw him back in SS after loosing to Ishida, he was quite older than he was, when he first met Urahara in Maggots Nest, so he ages and as I said it doesn't seem that he is old enough to know someone who seemed to become Royal Guard considerably before the events of Turn Back the Pendulumn. He didn't seem older than Aizen who didn't know anything about Royal Guard at that point, so I seriously doubt Mayuri could know her. Otherwise it seems to be a serious plothole.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    shane1594

!. Well, we'll see. but anyways I believe Ichigo has to at least pass through every Royal Guard, so they will either give him some valueble info or some sort of power-up. So I think the last two will do the same.

2. I never stated Mayuri to be a Reiatsu monster. I actually believe that his level of Reiatsu is the lowest among current Captains. Still, even this ammount of Reiatsu seems to be considerably stronger compared to either Renji or Ikkaku. That was my only point.

3. Well, Rukia was 200 years old in the begining of the story. It just shows that 200 years old by Shinigami age is very young. The same Hitsugaya seems to have evel lesser age. Overall I agree that we can't tell Shinigami's age by looking at him, but Mayuri just doesn't strike as a person who was old enough to know Shutara as an active Shinigami in SS. When he met Urahara in Turn back the pendulumn he looked around current Gin's age at best and we know that Gin isn't that old.

Hakuteiken
    Well, when we saw him back in SS after loosing to Ishida, he was quite older than he was, when he first met Urahara in Maggots Nest, so he ages and as I said it doesn't seem that he is old enough to know someone who seemed to become Royal Guard considerably before the events of Turn Back the Pendulumn. He didn't seem older than Aizen who didn't know anything about Royal Guard at that point, so I seriously doubt Mayuri could know her. Otherwise it seems to be a serious plothole.
    Rukia couldn't of been 200 as she didn't know a thing about the quincy's, i would say she's around 100 years old at the start of the series, quincy's were wiped out around 200 years ago, which would make rukia born after the war. Then if look at the turn back the pendulum arc which was 110 years before the start of the fake kakura town battle, then Mayuri was probably 200 while in the cell, as he looks older then Rukia. This would then make Mayuri alive around the time of the quincy war, so it is a big possibility that in the time during the extermination of the quincy, Shutara played a big role in that time period (and im going on a hunch) she possibly created mayuri?!?!? (like i said a hunch so don't bitch about that) im tempted to create a timeline for the royal guards if i have time but to be honest there's not a hole lot of point if we the readers just waited rather then jumping to fall blown conclusions
    Last edited by devstauk; January 09, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast