Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 522 Discussion

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions | NO CHAPTER until Jan 15/16

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    To add to that, Ichigo probably never fired an arrow from a bow in his entire life.. So it stands to reason that he probably can't hit stuff very accurately without some training in bow and arrows.
    Ishida played with bows since he was a little kid (His grand dad flashback), so he always had the training.

Same goes with the art of the sword, but Ichigo learned those skills with backup of his massive reatsu through weaker opponents. I don't think he'll have the time and luxury to learn to hit with an bow the same manner this time, it's an art of patience and listening to your own heart (almost literally), not something you learn in the midst of battle, especially not opponents (VR) this strong, or zanpaktou's for that matter.

Well just my opinion anyhow. I think Quincy's culture is to use bows, I don't think it's an 100% requirement to their full powers. If someone, for example Ichigo, has another effective weapon, then Quincy powers suddenly can be used in different ways than bows and arrows.
    Quincy's don't have the luxury of an zanpaktou, Ichigo however does.
    Maybe he can do far more with his Quincy abilities, but it's up to Kubo, I just doubt that he'll ever pull out a bow and start firing arrows without some serious bow training!

It would also be a huge a@@ pull from Kubo if Ichigo did that, I for sure would dislike if Ichigo just learned bows and arrows naturally in the midst of battle, that is a no go area to me.
    I agree with you.
    Actually, the reason he is better with the sword than he would be had he been left to himself was Urahara's intense training. Without a proper training, I don't think he can use a Quincy bow with effect.
    And as you said, he doesn't have to. For all we know, Quincy-bow relation is nothing natural. It's more of a tradition.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I agree with you.
    Actually, the reason he is better with the sword than he would be had he been left to himself was Urahara's intense training. Without a proper training, I don't think he can use a Quincy bow with effect.
    And as you said, he doesn't have to. For all we know, Quincy-bow relation is nothing natural. It's more of a tradition.
    Well, as of now I don't think we can really know that.... The issue at hand would be the fact that ichigo already showed he could use at least one quincy ability on the merit of being born with it. In this particular regard the notion that any quincy ability at all could be an acquired skill rather than an inborn trait might be altogether wrong. Maybe most of them are like kido. Kido is a shinigami power which requires a decent bit of reiatsu control and training. An individual spell is not an inborn trait but the overall ability to learn and use kido is something shinigami as a whole are born with. In this regard the holy arrow and a number of other specific quincy abilities could be like that. I still wonder about the quincy special techniques we have seen. Since the zampakuto was invented by someone perhaps what the quincy show is basically what shinigami abilities look like without a zampakuto?

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as of now I don't think we can really know that.... The issue at hand would be the fact that ichigo already showed he could use at least one quincy ability on the merit of being born with it. In this particular regard the notion that any quincy ability at all could be an acquired skill rather than an inborn trait might be altogether wrong. Maybe most of them are like kido. Kido is a shinigami power which requires a decent bit of reiatsu control and training. An individual spell is not an inborn trait but the overall ability to learn and use kido is something shinigami as a whole are born with. In this regard the holy arrow and a number of other specific quincy abilities could be like that. I still wonder about the quincy special techniques we have seen. Since the zampakuto was invented by someone perhaps what the quincy show is basically what shinigami abilities look like without a zampakuto?
    Oh, that's right, but not what actually I meant. Ichigo used a Quincy ability, but did so without gaining access to the Quincy bow or any other sort of Quincy weapon. Bach also fought with a sword. And we have seen SR with different weapons. Even the summoned Soldat were wielding swords, if I'm not wrong. That means wielding a bow isn't exactly the end result of being a Quincy.
    This doesn't mean someone without Quincy blood can acquire Quincy powers, but only he can do so without using a bow or arrows, which was introduced as their customary weapon.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that's right, but not what actually I meant. Ichigo used a Quincy ability, but did so without gaining access to the Quincy bow or any other sort of Quincy weapon. Bach also fought with a sword. And we have seen SR with different weapons. Even the summoned Soldat were wielding swords, if I'm not wrong. That means wielding a bow isn't exactly the end result of being a Quincy.
    This doesn't mean someone without Quincy blood can acquire Quincy powers, but only he can do so without using a bow or arrows, which was introduced as their customary weapon.
    Well, in that regard the end result of being a quincy as you put it is not necessarily a bow but rather the holy arrow itself. Vandenreich, contrary to the ishida branch quincy, does not seem hellbent on the bow itself but rather on having something through which they can channel their holy arrows. Perhaps even the cross alone does not necessarily result in the use of a bow for that matter.

http://www.onemanga.me/bleach/503/17/
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...2-page-11.html

Juhabach and driscol used the quincy cross alone however they do not use a bow per say. Perhaps high level quincy at large are not bound by the bow thing but rather they learn to use the holy arrow through a weapon which is suited to them.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Juhabach and driscol used the quincy cross alone however they do not use a bow per say. Perhaps high level quincy at large are not bound by the bow thing but rather they learn to use the holy arrow through a weapon which is suited to them.
    This might be the actual answer. Perhaps it's just for channeling the Quincy power through, let it be a bow, pistol, sword or anything else.
    On the other hand, I wonder more about the techniques in that perspective. I don't think there was info about techniques like Kirge's jail or As Nodt's thorns. I wonder how the Quincy were able to gain such special abilities and if it was supplied via an artificial method like Arrancar-creation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

well the VR quincy have been in the shadow realm for what - the last several hundred years- bach and CC fought 1000 years ago, during that time I see nothing to prevent them from refining their techniques and reatsu control.

ishda and his father and his grandfather seem to all be part of a more traditional quincy culture. it was said that ishdas father rejected the advancements made by the VR regarding Letzt stil - there is likely a weakness to it that we are as yet unawares of.

as for ichigos new quincy powers- blut vene is not a huge deal, its similar to what he did as a shinigami using reiatsu to absorb some of the attack. only now, it goes into his veins.

He will likely get the attack version of it soon. but even then it will only be a marginal boost and surely no avail against bach.

I am more interested in JB sword. It was like a light saber, and if ichigos old bankai could get broken by haszwald, while not even using that light saber looking quincy sword, then ichigo will need to develop his quincy powers and do the same thing with zangetsu. Surround it with reishi, not just the getsuga tenshou. Im thinking this will prevent JB from absorbing the spirit particles that make up getsuga tenshou-

like ichigo will need to use his quincy powers to keep other quincy he will fight from absorbing his energy attacks.- perhaps the jail is not the only quincy power that doesnt work on other quincy.

-- o
    on the subject of cross and quncy using bows... a cross can also be a sword. attacking with the cross or shooting an arrow from the cross are both effective, but I like ishdas standpoint that the arrows he fires are being released from his heart, rather than from the bow itself.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry guys,but I must admit that I've not missed bleach at all,the last 2 chapters were really unbearable,that's why I'd like to tell you my expectations: bleach should improve this year by removing useless and pseudo-comical parts. and isshin's past should be revealed,together with some bankai...

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    sorry guys,but I must admit that I've not missed bleach at all,the last 2 chapters were really unbearable,that's why I'd like to tell you my expectations: bleach should improve this year by removing useless and pseudo-comical parts. and isshin's past should be revealed,together with some bankai...
    Not surprised, since you really didn't like the chapters the way he did and voiced your opinion about that
    As a big fan of little Bleach parodies, Bleach finally has reached a balance of development and fun as of late. My sole expectation is to see that going on in the next year, as well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Glassjaw003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised, since you really didn't like the chapters the way he did and voiced your opinion about that
    As a big fan of little Bleach parodies, Bleach finally has reached a balance of development and fun as of late. My sole expectation is to see that going on in the next year, as well.
    Maybe no Quincy is bound to a bow, but it is just a good means to use their power. Many are using a bow because that is what they are taught, and the fact that these high level Quincy are not using one just means they are using their abilities over Reiatsu to another extent. I guess I'm trying to say is rather then being bound to using a bow and overcoming it, all Quincy have this ability just haven't done it for various reasons, like already knowing what they were taught.

Anyways, I'm with the thought that Ichigo Zan isn't his sword, but rather his attire. Food for thought, I'm sure others have said the same thing before, I know I have.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This might be the actual answer. Perhaps it's just for channeling the Quincy power through, let it be a bow, pistol, sword or anything else.
    On the other hand, I wonder more about the techniques in that perspective. I don't think there was info about techniques like Kirge's jail or As Nodt's thorns. I wonder how the Quincy were able to gain such special abilities and if it was supplied via an artificial method like Arrancar-creation.
    I was under the impression that the thorns we saw nodt used were his version of the holy arrow. On the other hand a number of quincy have a unique sort of power which ishida has never shown. Dunno what it could be, it is something completely foreign to most of what we know of quincy.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that the thorns we saw nodt used were his version of the holy arrow. On the other hand a number of quincy have a unique sort of power which ishida has never shown. Dunno what it could be, it is something completely foreign to most of what we know of quincy.
    It could be the end result of straying from the traditional Quincy path and gaining powers by that way.
    Maybe Bach has been like Aizen, leading research over the Quincy and in a way, changing the core of their powers.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, you always saying bad comments about bleach, we just got back the comedic while we still having progress in the manga with the current arc, i love naruto but bleach as right now is has better chapters than naruto..
    Last edited by EMS; January 12, 2013 at 02:42 AM.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never would've guessed you weren't enjoying this arc. Don't you read any other manga? I admit I complain a little on discussions for 1 or 2 other mangas because I'm a bit disappointed with the current arcs there in, but dude....your like the only one whose really complaining about this arc. It sounds like it's more you than Bleach itself.If you hate Bleach's comical moments, then err how the hell did you get all the way to chapter 522? There's always been a good number of them, but the arc that had the most was the very first one IMO.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    No. If this was anything like the Fullbring arc, this would look like a FB arc discussion. You can't hate this arc,.....if you do, you either never liked Bleach or had no clue what you were reading. Maybe it's not you're favorite, maybe you liked the others better, maybe you find it a bit boring, but HATING IT? Seriously, how could anyone who ever liked Bleach be like, "ohh this arc sucks, shinigami actually died, the enemies are powerful, mysterious and have a lot of history with SS, we're moving towards learning more about Ichigo's secret backstory and the Ishida's backstory, Grimmjow and the Arrancar are back, Kon's back, Aizen's relevant again, Yamamoto went Bankai, the Shiba clan has returned and AHH SON OF A BITCH the Royal Guard were just introduced. Oh great, and now Kubo is introducing the Spirit King. What next, is he going to have Shunsui, Ukitake and Unohana use Bankai? Ugh, and of course, because Kubo's such an awful writer he'll probably do a backstory on Isshin.... it's like he's lost sight of whats important in his story...."

That's how ridiculous you're whining sounds.
    Guys/gals, let's keep this nagging stuff out of the thread please. The above post is from the very same thread, two weeks back. No need to flare the issue up again. Tbh those many thanks/likes would have kept me grumbling for a bit longer than that. That and like three or four GREEN messages should have done that.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 12, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

At this rate I'm getting more and more excited about the Ishida family and VR, I would love to know the difference, especially after all these discussions here and in the past.
    Could one say that the Ishida family ("The last Quincy" or are there more secretly hidden? Plot twist?) are the pure Quincy, and VR the corrupted bloodline?

In that case, a showdown between pure Quincy and the corrupted Quincy using vastly different techniques, yet still similar, could be quite epic to watch.
    Also it would redeem the pure Quincy family (SS p.o.v.) if they did stand up against VR, even if they don't want that redemption from SS.

It seems to me that Uryu's grandfathers idealism and dreams will come true, the Quincy (the Pure blooded) and Shinigami working together, but if so, when? Will it happen before or, the start, mid or late of the war? When will the pure Quincy appear? Will the dream of working together remain after the war?

I'm keen to believe that even Uryu was kept from a pretty well hidden secret, a whole organisation of the pure blood Quincy's remaining in cover, secretly training for all these years, however they don't want to destroy the shinigami, but some probably still hate them despite of that.
    What these pure Quincy could be training for, could be to destroy VR, for whatever reason (Need a good reason), and perhaps, just perhaps, some share the same dream as Uryu's grand father did.

That I would find quite interesting, especially if Kubo can come up with a good reason why Uryu was never told about the organisation, and why it's being kept a secret (If it even exist to begin with).

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast