Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 522 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions | NO CHAPTER until Jan 15/16

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    At this rate I'm getting more and more excited about the Ishida family and VR, I would love to know the difference, especially after all these discussions here and in the past.
    Could one say that the Ishida family ("The last Quincy" or are there more secretly hidden? Plot twist?) are the pure Quincy, and VR the corrupted bloodline?

In that case, a showdown between pure Quincy and the corrupted Quincy using vastly different techniques, yet still similar, could be quite epic to watch.
    Also it would redeem the pure Quincy family (SS p.o.v.) if they did stand up against VR, even if they don't want that redemption from SS.

It seems to me that Uryu's grandfathers idealism and dreams will come true, the Quincy (the Pure blooded) and Shinigami working together, but if so, when? Will it happen before or, the start, mid or late of the war? When will the pure Quincy appear? Will the dream of working together remain after the war?

I'm keen to believe that even Uryu was kept from a pretty well hidden secret, a whole organisation of the pure blood Quincy's remaining in cover, secretly training for all these years, however they don't want to destroy the shinigami, but some probably still hate them despite of that.
    What these pure Quincy could be training for, could be to destroy VR, for whatever reason (Need a good reason), and perhaps, just perhaps, some share the same dream as Uryu's grand father did.

That I would find quite interesting, especially if Kubo can come up with a good reason why Uryu was never told about the organisation, and why it's being kept a secret (If it even exist to begin with).
    Interesting idea. I think Captain-Commander already knew Ishida and his family had nothing to do with Bach and his subordinates. Otherwise, I can't see him letting Ishida away without saying a word or something. In the most likely case, wherever Bach and his subordinates lived is a separated dimension that Shinigami can't reach, since Captain-Commander didn't try to kill Bach for the last millennium, so, he must have assumed in some way that Ishida couldn't possibly be related to Bach.
    Then, what about Ichigo? He must have known his Quincy heritage, but did nothing reflecting that information, which is a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Guys/gals, let's keep this nagging stuff out of the thread please. The above post is from the very same thread, two weeks back. No need to flare the issue up again. Tbh those many thanks/likes would have kept me grumbling for a bit longer than that. That and like three or four GREEN messages should have done that.
    Guess it can't be helped. Every time mattia expresses his disappointment about the development in the arc, somebody comes up with a reply. As bothersome as it sounds, I suppose it's all right, as long as it happens to be as light as a nagging and nothing more serious than that.
    We have got to act more lenient here. The longer the chapter gets delayed, the more people find it hard to keep it on a stricter topic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    At this rate I'm getting more and more excited about the Ishida family and VR, I would love to know the difference, especially after all these discussions here and in the past.
    Could one say that the Ishida family ("The last Quincy" or are there more secretly hidden? Plot twist?) are the pure Quincy, and VR the corrupted bloodline?

In that case, a showdown between pure Quincy and the corrupted Quincy using vastly different techniques, yet still similar, could be quite epic to watch.
    Also it would redeem the pure Quincy family (SS p.o.v.) if they did stand up against VR, even if they don't want that redemption from SS.

It seems to me that Uryu's grandfathers idealism and dreams will come true, the Quincy (the Pure blooded) and Shinigami working together, but if so, when? Will it happen before or, the start, mid or late of the war? When will the pure Quincy appear? Will the dream of working together remain after the war?

I'm keen to believe that even Uryu was kept from a pretty well hidden secret, a whole organisation of the pure blood Quincy's remaining in cover, secretly training for all these years, however they don't want to destroy the shinigami, but some probably still hate them despite of that.
    What these pure Quincy could be training for, could be to destroy VR, for whatever reason (Need a good reason), and perhaps, just perhaps, some share the same dream as Uryu's grand father did.

That I would find quite interesting, especially if Kubo can come up with a good reason why Uryu was never told about the organisation, and why it's being kept a secret (If it even exist to begin with).
    Yeah, Quilge actually alluded to Uryu being stronger than him, which is actually quite remarkable given that Quilge was no weakling himself. The question is why the Vandenreich never invited him or Ryuken to join. And going by Bach's words to Ichigo and what they've been doing with the Arrancar, the Vandenreich are capable of bringing individuals into their ranks by force, so even if Uryu doesn't agree with their goals he can be recruited against his will. Of course this is assuming the Ishidas aren't already aligned with the Vandenreich, which I doubt, but anything's possible.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryu is friends with Ichigo, Rukia and in contact with nearly all high ranking shinigami, what reason would he have to leave all that behind and follow Bachs agenda? There just wasn't a reason why Bach would risk anything be revealing himself to the other dimensions before all was prepared for the war.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryu is friends with Ichigo, Rukia and in contact with nearly all high ranking shinigami, what reason would he have to leave all that behind and follow Bachs agenda? There just wasn't a reason why Bach would risk anything be revealing himself to the other dimensions before all was prepared for the war.
    Yeah, actually now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense, lol... Uryu was helping the Shinigami deal with Hollows in Karakura town, and no doubt was under close surveillance, so revealing themselves to him would have risked the VR losing their whole element of surprise. That aside, it seems like they can simply force him under their control if necessary, as Bach was about to do to Ichigo before his time ran out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There may be something about the Quincy/Shinigami conflict that Ishida doesn't know, something that would severely weaken the justification behind SS's reasons for exterminating them. He actually hasn't had much contact with high ranking shinigami in the manga on a friendly basis aside from Rukia and Renji. Plus Ryuuken himself is a total contradiction, saying he has no interest in the Quincy yet also having a secret area underneath his facility just for Quincy battles. The Ishida family is shady.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryuuken used to be a part of Vandenreich. That's my theory on him at least and that group isn't new, they've been around before. And I'm still, confused on Bach and Haschwald using "swords" versus what Quincies normally use (the Spirit Bows).

Next chapter, Ichigo and Renji face some weird challenge in dealing with their Zanpakuto or we get some further details on the happenings in Soul Society. Either way works for me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Ryuuken used to be a part of Vandenreich. That's my theory on him at least and that group isn't new, they've been around before. And I'm still, confused on Bach and Haschwald using "swords" versus what Quincies normally use (the Spirit Bows).

Next chapter, Ichigo and Renji face some weird challenge in dealing with their Zanpakuto or we get some further details on the happenings in Soul Society. Either way works for me.

Did you see JB's Sword?! If I could use that over a quncy bow I totally would.

Also, JB, seemed to be able to shoot energy beams similar to the bow from his finger tips.
    I think he has the best of both- the ability to shoot bolts of energy-
    and also for close battles of melee, a sweet ass energy light saber type sword.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'm still, confused on Bach and Haschwald using "swords" versus what Quincies normally use (the Spirit Bows).
    The traditional ones. Seeing as VR quincies shit on every single one of Souken's teachings, you shouldn't bother trying to apply "Quincies == bows" logic to them.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think simply for the sake of making things more interesting Kubo has their "bows" appear in different ways. Just like Nnoitra and Barragans zanpakuto's weren't actually swords, I'm assuming that some Quincy's "bows" aren't necessarily bows. Their main weapon is Heilig Pfeil, and we have some throwing it like Driscoll and Shaz, and others shooting it from swords or guns, and As Nodt can just make it appear out of thin air. Then we have Ivan whose bow was really big and had energy cannons lined across it.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers arrive soon. The anticapation begins in earnest...

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I think simply for the sake of making things more interesting Kubo has their "bows" appear in different ways. Just like Nnoitra and Barragans zanpakuto's weren't actually swords, I'm assuming that some Quincy's "bows" aren't necessarily bows. Their main weapon is Heilig Pfeil, and we have some throwing it like Driscoll and Shaz, and others shooting it from swords or guns, and As Nodt can just make it appear out of thin air. Then we have Ivan whose bow was really big and had energy cannons lined across it.
    What about Bach? His is most definitely a sword. Although one could argue that the sword itself came out of a giant bow in the sky. But then again, Haschwald is most definitely using a sword. Furthermore, you have the guy using the Wolverine claws vs Hitsugaya and you have Bambeta Basterbien who uses a sword. While I do like this concept, I dunno if that's all that's going on here.

I get the feeling that the origin of the Zanpuktou is also, indirectly, related to the origin of these so called "new" Quincy powers.

Also, Kubo's ignorance of Uryuu and Ryuken in this arc is signaling something serious going down on that end. I agree with the feeling that Ryuken was a part of the VR and I also think that Uryuu will battle with Ichigo vs Juha Bach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

@DarkBankai. Yeah, I like the design used for Bach's sword and all and I thought maybe, there was some sort of ability or whatever that it had. When Loyd (or whatever) played Bach and drew the sword, Yamamoto spoke on the blade finally being drawn as if, the battle was going to get more dangerous or something.

@0Xellos, well, for the most part of the manga series from it's beginnings, Kubo has only shown Quincy using any type of weaponry, based off their actual ability to draw and absorb "reishi" or "spirit power" from objects or people. That's why, I said what I said. Plus, Souken was the only Quincy (barely mentioned by the way) in the Bleach universe that's been mention as a "traditional" Quincy from the past, before we learned about Vandenreich or Juha Bach.

@exacta. Somewhat agree, I'm just still waiting for Kubo to explain something further regarding Quincies using "swords" versus using "reishi" that they can manipulate into any kind of weapon they wish. It's true, Bach demonstrated this with his sword, right before killing Yamamoto. I was thinking more about this and guessing that, maybe their swords can literally cut "anything", no matter how strong or durable or whatever, it is.

p.s., after saying that, being able to cut anything is based on the wielder actually wanting to "cut" or not. Bach probably could've cut Ichigo's head off, during their first encounter, if he didn't need him as a war potential.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He aimed to kill Ichigo but Ichigo activated Blut Vein and was saved.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'm still, confused on Bach and Haschwald using "swords" versus what Quincies normally use (the Spirit Bows).
    Did you see where Bach´s sword came from?
    He summoned a big bow in the sky and it shot down an arrow into the ground:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/510/14
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/510/15

He just used that arrow as a sword.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gh0un View Post
    Did you see where Bach´s sword came from?
    He summoned a big bow in the sky and it shot down an arrow into the ground:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/510/14
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/510/15

He just used that arrow as a sword.
    It's not what is meant by the sword.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/506/16

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The troopers under Quilge's command all seemed to use the traditional Quincy bow:

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...03-page-9.html

But these are just the low-level guys. Actually, as we've seen in the past with the Ishidas, the weaker Quincy have those shapeless 'energy' bows, whilst the more skilled ones have bows that take a solid physical form, the appearance of which seems to be unique to the wielder, not unlike Zanpakutos.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...03-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-19.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...86-page-5.html

I guess the strongest members of the Vandenreich (Bach and the Stern Ritter) take it a step further. Not only do they have unique physical bows, but completely individual weapons - swords, throwing knives, Driscoll's halberd things, etc. I suppose the question is whether Quincy have always been like this or if it's a relatively new way of fighting, like Vollstandig. But as someone else said, it's certainly more interesting than if they all just used bows.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Also, while i was looking for those pages (which took more time than I ought to be spending doing that kind of stuff, lol) I happened on this one:

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-18.html
    which, if you compare it with this one - http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...41-page-6.html

...does actually make it clear that Hihou Zabimaru is missing a good number of segments since Byakuya wrecked it. You can see all the space between the remaining segments where the bone is missing and the reiatsu is exposed. I'm sure people spotted this weeks ago, but I'll admit I hadn't seen it this clearly before.

New Reply
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast