Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 522 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

As a African American...I find Nimaiya's character rather offensive..stereotypes like this one greatly displease me come on Kubo

Well, the chapter was semi-okay. We could of predicted that this Royal Guard was going to put them through some type of test. A survival test. The both of them might have a little bit of difficulty fighting without their weapons, but Ichigo has other powers (Hollow&Quincy) and Renji could use hand to hand combat or Kido. I wasn't the least bit surprised when that RG said their Zanpakuto receives no love, so in turn they weren't able to distinguish Zanpakuto from Shinigami. However, I do remember seeing Renji communicating with his Zanpakuto several times in general, so you'd think he would at least be able to recognize the difference. As for Ichigo? All I can do is SMFH because we know how he loves to ignore communicating with old man Zangetsu on a regular basis unless he's in an extremely dire situation or he just got his ass handed to him by an enemy. Ichigo deserves to be punished.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell is Naimaiya referring to when he says "10, 9,8,7,6,5 and in the end 3'? My take is he's talking about creating zanpaktuos in sets. Like first set of 10, then 9 and so forth? And of course Meru chan is the materialization of his own zanpakuto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty funny chapter, although nothing much 'till the end, much like the chapter before. That said, it's a nice set up for the next one. Oetsu is a pretty interesting fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    For someone who's stronger than all of Gotei 13, they all sure look and act too much like kids. I don't know why Zangetsu would be mad at Ichigo, unless it's because he lost his powers on purpose. Maybe that's why he still hasn't made contact ever since he got his Shinigami powers back. As for Renji, well, we had little canon experience with his Zabimaru but from the looks of it, they got along pretty well.
    I don't mind that they look and act like children. For the most part in BLEACH, the different factions are filled to the brim with serious people. I personally think the RG is a nice change of pace. Oetsu might have a way of increasing the bond between Shinigami and their zanpakuto as well as making strong swords, I mean, a sword is only as strong as the person's spirit in BLEACH right? He keeps mentioning love and zanpakuto, so obviously he doesn't feel as if their connection is strong enough. And considering we've just seen him shatter Zangetsu and Zabimaru bare-handed, I'm going to assume that he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    As a African American...I find Nimaiya's character rather offensive..stereotypes like this one greatly displease me come on Kubo
    I myself was relived 'cause I thought he was going to start rapping at the start. Then he didn't and everything was hunky dory for me. However, I didn't get the pimp vibe that everyone else seems to be getting. As for them not noticing that the women were zanpakuto, I think there is more to it than just communing with your own zapaktuto. I mean if it were that easy, I'm sure they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

As an aside, I do hope Renji is the first one to figure out the trick and let Ichigo play catch up for once.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 27, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahahahahaha, this chapter was awesome and the Zanpakuto guy sure is a cracker. XD
    LOL, when Ichigo saw all those sexy girls () must have thought this all too good to be true, hence saying what he said. XD
    Anyway it seems like this time Ichigo and Renji will have an harder test; wonder how they will pass it.

P.S: Poor Kon, he is always dragged against his will. LOL

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

For a few moments there, I started to worry that he was a complete idiot. I'm hoping we get to see something new from the Zanpakutous, at least in terms of the challenge presented to Renji and Ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

this guy reminds me of a mix of stinkmeaner and a pimp named slickback (smh)....damn shame but it doesnt surprise me
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; December 27, 2012 at 08:54 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Pretty funny chapter, although nothing much 'till the end, much like the chapter before. That said, it's a nice set up for the next one. Oetsu is a pretty interesting fellow.

I don't mind that they look and act like children. For the most part in BLEACH, the different factions are filled to the brim with serious people. I personally think the RG is a nice change of pace. Oetsu might have a way of increasing the bond between Shinigami and their zanpakuto as well as making strong swords, I mean, a sword is only as strong as the person's spirit in BLEACH right? He keeps mentioning love and zanpakuto, so obviously he doesn't feel as if their connection is strong enough. And considering we've just seen him shatter Zangetsu and Zabimaru bare-handed, I'm going to assume that he is right.

As an aside, I do hope Renji is the first one to figure out the trick and let Ichigo play catch up for once.
    I'm guessing that Nimaiya is perhaps hinting at something like the bond between Komamura and Tenken. If the aim of this training is to make them similar to Komamura, then that means they're training so that their Bankais don't get broken anymore.

Agree about Renji being the one to figure out the aim of this training. would love to see something like that for once.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself was relived 'cause I though he was going to start rapping at the start. Then he didn't and everything was hunky dory for me. However, I didn't get the pimp vibe that everyone else seems to be getting.
    the pimp thing is from the spoilers (which sounded even MORE steryotipical lol)

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by espadaboyzz View Post
    Maybe Nimaiya is the creator of new/modified zanpakutou. I think zanpakuto soul born by shinigami soul naturally not created by someone. Nimaiya maybe the person who can modified or manipulate zanpakuto soul to become more powerful. I dunno.... we need to wait for kubo to explain something.
    After chapter 521, I started thinking that perhaps everyone originally just used those random nameless zanpakutou. This guy may have been the one who developed a way to communicate with the swords, thus turning them into conduits through which dormant shinigami-zanpakutou-abilities can manifest themselves.

It'd be a huge pain in the ass to have to actually forge all those swords all the time anyway. We still haven't seen how the transition from random nameless zanpakutou to a unique zanpakutou happens, though.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I'm guessing that Nimaiya is perhaps hinting at something like the bond between Komamura and Tenken. If the aim of this training is to make them similar to Komamura, then that means they're training so that their Bankais don't get broken anymore.

Agree about Renji being the one to figure out the aim of this training. would love to see something like that for once.
    It actually needs to be stronger than that of Komamura and Tenken. We can't have another incident with Hachwald easily slicing apart Zangetsu, the blade itself needs to be stronger. Tenken just recovers along with Komamura, but it can still be easily damaged by the likes of Aizen level opponents and that is not a good thing. From what I can gather, I believe it'll be a fight against the spirits and themselves.

1.) It's dark, so they probably need to learn to differentiate between themselves and the spirits so they won't end up hitting each other.
    2.) While fending off multiple spirits, they will most need to materialize a weapon or something to fight with as Kido won't have and effect and both suck at the art anyway. That or they need to tame the wild spirits, showing Oetsu that they have what it takes to handle their spirits.

I personally think the zanpakuto spirits could be more wild than all of the shinigami actually realize. They are sentient being with their own aspirations for crying out loud.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 27, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post

Well, the chapter was semi-okay. We could of predicted that this Royal Guard was going to put them through some type of test. A survival test. The both of them might have a little bit of difficulty fighting without their weapons, but Ichigo has other powers (Hollow&Quincy) and Renji could use hand to hand combat or Kido. I wasn't the least bit surprised when that RG said their Zanpakuto receives no love, so in turn they weren't able to distinguish Zanpakuto from Shinigami. However, I do remember seeing Renji communicating with his Zanpakuto several times in general, so you'd think he would at least be able to recognize the difference. As for Ichigo? All I can do is SMFH because we know how he loves to ignore communicating with old man Zangetsu on a regular basis unless he's in an extremely dire situation or he just got his ass handed to him by an enemy. Ichigo deserves to be punished.
    and as a black bahamian i find him to be spot on and awesome, but i guess it's about how your quarry is seen more than what he looks like, am i rite? still he's black and he's there, so that in itself is awesome. he's like the morpheus of the Bleach universe

imagine afro samurai meets master yoshi meets luke cage meets nick fury meets lando calrissian meets django meets the third doctor (of doctor who fame were he sammy davis jr)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

It actually needs to be stronger than that of Komamura and Tenken. We can't have another incident with Hachwald easily slicing apart Zangetsu, the blade itself needs to be stronger. Tenken just recovers along with Komamura, but it can still be easily damaged by the likes of Aizen level opponents and that is not a good thing. From what I can gather, I believe it'll be a fight against the spirits and themselves.

1.) It's dark, so they probably need to learn to differentiate between themselves and the spirits so they won't end up hitting each other.
    2.) While fending off multiple spirits, they will most need to materialize a weapon or something to fight with as Kido won't have and effect and both suck at the art anyway. That or they need to tame the wild spirits, showing Oetsu that they have what it takes to handle their spirits.

I personally think the zanpakuto spirits could be more wild than all of the shinigami actually realize. They are sentient being with their own aspirations for crying out loud.

don't know about you, but i'm excited about all of this.
    Last edited by Expletivebmp; December 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that dude is so cliche black again, it's a pain to see.

I'm curious what kind of challenge it will be, some trust games, or a fight after all? But I'm more excited to see Shutara's palace finally. I personally think it's the most interesting guard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    I don't see how that can happen. We haven't seen anything close to the stuff that Urahara developed for the materialization. All Nimaiya did was smash the Zans apart and let the spirits flood the space/hole.

Urahara's method doesn't involve any of that. It was just stabbing a dummy-like thing with your Zan, no broken Zans involved. The methods are too far apart for one to be based off the other.
    I'm aware of that. The point is that it could be revealed.
    And considering that the previous two Royal Guard members mentioned Urahara, I'm considering it a possibility.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

okay,the worst chapter of this week is not naruto: bleach is even worse . jeez,this volume reminds me of the 49th,with the beginning of the foolbringers. notwithstanding the first one was great with kyoraku's promotion and unohana's appearance,these sucks...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

A weak chapter this week, but seems to be very much on purpose. Stupid chapter this week gearing up for a rousing one the next time with the fight in the dark.

New Reply
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast