Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.32%
  • 2] Average

8 5.26%
  • 3] Good

18 11.84%
  • 4] Great

61 40.13%
  • 5] Epic

61 40.13%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.32%
New Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions ~The chap will be out this week~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 694 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiuscg View Post
    baby 5 is terminator, am I the only who got the reference?
    No, she is without a doubt T-1000.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflamingo meeting Law and Luffy soon depends on whether his subordinates prevent them from leaving the island or at least slow them enough. I would like Doflamingo to come too late and find Baby 5 and Buffalo beaten once he arrives. He will save at least Vergo who will have a rematch later against Sanji.

The time for a meeting is too early to me. Since Doflamingo can fly, it's unlikely they will meet just for a second and manage to escape on the ship. They indeed have Coup de Burst but couldn't Doflamingo follow them with his flying power ? We don't really know his flying speed.

I guess it would be better if Buffalo and Baby 5 don't get beaten so soon but I don't see how could they get separated from the Straw Hats - they can fly and make wind, so it's unlikely the poison gas isolates them while Franky goes through it to reach his nakamas.

Oda has built Doflamingo character on this chapter. His subordinates show they have a great faith in their captain. They are happy to die knowing what they have done together and that it is going somehow to help him become Pirate King. They must feel fulfilling a role in some bigger pattern.

Doflamingo is a sort of captain who prefers to sacrifice his nakamas than finding another way. That looks more like military comradeship - duty above anything - than One Piece piracy - bonds above anything. Coming to the island himself is what another captain would have done from the beginning instead of asking his nakamas to die for him.

He really looks like a military commander feeling bad to sacrifice his men but still doing it for some superior reason and necessity. His speech to Vergo feels the same. He only comes himself when he knows the mission is about to fail if he doesn't make his move.

There may be some reason for him to only move when he knows things are going wrong. The old man's words reminds me of the marine when they talked about Aokiji leaving without telling, implying he shoudn't have done that. Maybe he manages some important things in Dress Rosa. He sure has a lot of den-den mushi at his desk - he has a desk ! Oda made him looks like a wild beast and a boss with this chapter.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; December 27, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The real question I find myself asking now is whether or not Monet is dead? I don't really see how one survives being stabbed straight in the heart, but characters in One Piece have been known to not understand the meaning of 'dead' (Pell, I'm looking at you). Whitebeard and Ace really were just exceptions made because the plot required it.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I don't see a fight between DD and Luffy + Law just yet, there are too many fodders at PH (the kids, Kinemon, the G-5 Marines, etc.) and no match-ups for Luffy's crew, neither Law's crew. I can see where this is going, DD will arrive a few minutes after Luffy & company leave, just to fight another time. As someone else said above, it will be just a drag-out if they fight in this arc. But yeah, it was one hell of a build-up for his character and I can't wait to see a fight between DD's crew vs Law + Luffy alliance in the future.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflamingo becoming PK ? HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Oh shit man, Monet knows how to joke, as if a punk that sacrifices his nakamas will become PK, this is ridiculous... Honestly, what kind of shit Monet and Vergo were smoking to believe in that punk ?

Anyway, the only nice thing is Dofla making his move himself, and he really looks like a crazy mofo in that last panel, I like where this is heading
    Last edited by Zehahaha; December 27, 2012 at 06:19 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bskbob's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

at last Doflamingo is on his way shit is going down (hopefully) OP is lacking a big fight for a long time now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nitin's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

may be dd crew will also arrive as seen from the expression of that guy . but if the luffy has to go all out the reason mostly will be momo still not explained about his halluccination of dd or the arrival of the third party and both them retreat for now . more over the only ones who are mostly unharmed are zoro, brook, nami, usoop and luffy. sanji got his leg cracked law got pretty much owned with vergo smoker no match
    Last edited by nitin; December 27, 2012 at 07:04 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Some theory about how DoFlamingo manages to fly?
    I think he throws a wire in front, hardens with haki and jump
    Last edited by Olho07; December 27, 2012 at 07:13 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/13
    Why Smoker has same scar as Zoro?
    Or am I seeing things?

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/13
    Why Smoker has same scar as Zoro?
    Or am I seeing things?
    Haha good find, it's gone in the next page already. Looks like one of his usual mistakes he makes, Garp has lost his scar before too.

I like the wire idea, yet I wonder if it's always physical, it looked weird how he could manipulate the marine vice admirals so easily back than.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions

So Dofla is coming to PH? Shit just got real.
    Anyway nice chapter; Franky Vs baby 5 and Buffalo sure is a funny fight and I can't wait to see more from all of them.
    Monet dying beacuse her heart was shifted with that of Smoker was predictable and I guess that for once we predicted what Oda was going to do.
    To conclude, I wonder what will happen when Dofla will arrive at the island......
    There will be a battle or the SH along with Law will run away?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Screw that. After everything that happened now Flamingo is flying (pun intended) towards PH and he looks pissed like hell.

When after so many manipulations and plans everything fails - go there yourself and beat the crap out of everyone:P

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olho07 View Post
    Some theory about how DoFlamingo manages to fly?
    I think he throws a wire in front, hardens with haki and jump
    Not a theory but a reminder that, if he is flying, his fruit would be the second fruit that makes its user able to fly. Pell said there are only 5.

The line described by his flying... it is as he were bouncing from one string to the next one. It's more like a monkey in a jungle jumping from one tree to the next, than a proper flamenco flying in a straight line.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So Law tricked CC again, no surprise. And Franky is holding his own, which is good to see. But of course, the most important part of the chapter is the fact that Doflamingo appears to be about to get involved directly. Excitement.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter...until it hit the final page and turned into an awesome chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Not a theory but a reminder that, if he is flying, his fruit would be the second fruit that makes its user able to fly. Pell said there are only 5.

The line described by his flying... it is as he were bouncing from one string to the next one. It's more like a monkey in a jungle jumping from one tree to the next, than a proper flamenco flying in a straight line.
    I agree with this he seems to be jumping/pulling his way across the ocean. This is actually kinda scary as with the use of his fruit he can easily traverse across the ocean. I've believed that the stronger DF users and people in One Piece can easily cross the sea alone if they are strong enough and this is another example of it happening. This is a brilliant use of his abilities.

New Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast