Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.32%
  • 2] Average

8 5.26%
  • 3] Good

18 11.84%
  • 4] Great

61 40.13%
  • 5] Epic

61 40.13%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.32%
New Reply
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions ~The chap will be out this week~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes... the short version: if Caesar is inmune to Sovereign haki, why Doflamingo warned him about the fact that Luffy is able to use it?
    Then why didn't Luffy try to use it, it would have been quicker than all these punches. And if Luffy is able to beat Do Flamingo with sovereign haki now, then One Piece will end quicker than I thought. Sovereign Haki, if it can defeat opponent just by will power will be boring. As for why did he warn CC about it, it's because people who have this type of haki are people who are among the strongest ones.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Then why didn't Luffy try to use it, it would have been quicker than all these punches. And if Luffy is able to beat Do Flamingo with sovereign haki now, then One Piece will end quicker than I thought. Sovereign Haki, if it can defeat opponent just by will power will be boring. As for why did he warn CC about it, it's because people who have this type of haki are people who are among the strongest ones.
    While I agree that Sovereign Haki defeating strong opponents would be boring, I have to point out that Luffy likes to punch people in the face and/or gut.

Seriously, if you piss him off, it doesn't matter how weak you are, the only thing you can be sure of is that you are not getting the easy way out (fainting).

That said, Luffy's punch against Coby in Marineford was infused with Sovereign Haki, so maybe that's a potential offensive use against stronger opponents.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm such intense talk about haki

I don't know if Luffy will face DoFlamingo now (hope he will ) but when that time comes he's gonna have to use everything he has in order to defeat him . That will be a tough fight Maybe we'll have the chance to see him go all out and we'll see the extent of his ability with all 3 types of Haki . But yeah i have to say i also think COQ haki will be his greatest weapon in the NW . After all his desire to become the PK surpasses that of everyone

But i am still very sad about Monet . I don't know but i really liked her That's why i hate DoFlamingo so much , I just wanna see that smug smile of his wiped off his face by Luffy

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    That said, Luffy's punch against Coby in Marineford was infused with Sovereign Haki, so maybe that's a potential offensive use against
    stronger opponents.
    That's also just a guess. We don't even know if one can infuse attacks with Sovereign Haki, let alone if Luffy could do it. Let's be honest, the guy didn't even know what it is and infusing your body with something you aren't even aware of is multiple steps higher than releasing it unconsciously. My guess is Coby foamed from shock. I know it's suspicious, but there were instances where people in One Piece foamed without anyone using Haki. I think it was Chopper or Usopp (or both), foaming from fear and I think it happened several other times. Coby could have gotten scared as shit from how Luffy pwned him. Oda likes to accentuate characters in shock like that.

As for infusing attacks with Sovereign Haki, I don't think it works like that. You only end up with another kind of Armaments Haki like that and I believe Oda had more imagination than that.
    Last edited by Razh; January 02, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy's one is not strong enough to take caesar down. luffy's sovereing haki is most likely the weakest we have ever seen,(barring ace against bluejam),since shanks and rayleigh possess one much stronger (as oda stated in a recent sbs),and probably hancock's one is stronger as well,although she is weaker than him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    land probably hancock's one is stronger as well,although she is weaker than him.
    Are you certain of that ? If one thing is sure, it's that Luffy was lucky to have put her on his side because she is one of big power in one piece.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would've been hilarious if Baby 5 had fallen in love with Sanji's messed up wanted poster but when she sees him loses interest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I think it would've been hilarious if Baby 5 had fallen in love with Sanji's messed up wanted poster but when she sees him loses interest.
    haha, that would be. but considering how she fell for someone worse, sanji's romance might actually please her.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes, and we are not talking about One Piece. Finally we agree.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

@McNuss, thanks for the captain's coat clarification. Nevertheless, I think is not a guess, but a clear case of CoC.
    You really can't call anything a "clear case of Haki" and cite an example from two years ago unless its something that is obvious beyond any and all doubt because Oda decided not to focus in on that both plot wise or artistically. Pre-time skip people were using CoA without having their body-parts/weapons turn black, yet post time skip thats all we're seeing it seems from Haki users. And certainly its not because of the individual strength of those characters, because the ones using Haki pre-time skip were some of the biggest powerhouses in the world. What happened two years ago just needs to remain back there because during that time Oda didn't want to highlight Haki and made its use vastly inconspicuous.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Hmm such intense talk about haki

I don't know if Luffy will face DoFlamingo now (hope he will ) but when that time comes he's gonna have to use everything he has in order to defeat him . That will be a tough fight Maybe we'll have the chance to see him go all out and we'll see the extent of his ability with all 3 types of Haki . But yeah i have to say i also think COQ haki will be his greatest weapon in the NW . After all his desire to become the PK surpasses that of everyone

But i am still very sad about Monet . I don't know but i really liked her That's why i hate DoFlamingo so much , I just wanna see that smug smile of his wiped off his face by Luffy
    Yeah it sucks because somehow i was still hoping that she would join Law's crew.They kind looked good together
    Not only her but Vergo as well.Even though he did wrong,when it comes to fighting skills he was certainly amazing.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro will fight DonFlamingo alone.

This will show how strong the strawhats pirates have become and shocked the world that, Strawhat number 2 can defeat one of the strongest royal sichibukai

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    But how could you know all of that? The idea that with CoC you can owerpower the will of your opponent is just too vague to know how CoC would work. And also it is a cannon assessment made by Rayleigh. So, it is Oda's task not to ruin the manga with a boring power, or a boring concept. But I think it is possible to create a power that matches that description and that works pretty nice.

Now, if the fact that someone can use CoC only means: (1) that he can beat some fodders, and (2) that he is one of the strongest, welll, that really would be boring in deep. Besides of it, CoA would be even much more dangerous than CoC in terms of a fight between real strong characters. Because CoC would be useful between them. That doesn't make sense at all with the explanations given by Rayleigh. I would prefer even a boring will power capable of something agains the big ones.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    let's just hope that sanji gets a girlfriend and thus stop with his maniac-like behaviour. he should also stop smoking...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    Okay ladies and. To prevent this discussion about knocking Dofla with CoC (Haoshoku) Haki bs from escalating any further, here's something helpful:

D (Dokusha means Reader) : Luffy's haoushoku haki was able to effect 50,000 men, but how many would Shanks and the others be able to defeat? P.N. Captain Nobuo

O(Oda) : In exactly the same place and exact same situation as Luffy, Shanks or Rayleigh may have been capable of knocking out all 100,000. In a different setting, you can't really compare just by asking "how many people". Being able to knock an enemy out with haki depends entirely on having an overwhelming power gap between the two. In Luffy's case the point is the number of people that were so weak that they were not even worth him fighting. If there were 100,000 to-some-extent-strong-willed pirates before him, it's possible that he wouldn't even be able to knock out a single one. On a related note, as one's proficiency with haoushoku advances, it's even possible to target a few people in a crowd to NOT knock out.
    Reference please.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about if Doflamingo have Haoshoku, sure it would be interesting have that kind of fight.

Btw, it has nothing to do with the actual chapter but, speaks so good of Crocodile in the midst of Marineford to be invited by Doflamingo to be part of his alliances (Yonko, Government, pirates, etc). xD

New Reply
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast