Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.32%
  • 2] Average

8 5.26%
  • 3] Good

18 11.84%
  • 4] Great

61 40.13%
  • 5] Epic

61 40.13%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.32%
New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions ~The chap will be out this week~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions ~The chap will be out this week~

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    ...he could kidnap Franky and hold him hostage, in order to bargain his life for CC.
    Please anything but that, not another princess/cyborg in distress arc please, Oda has done that enough times already.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

@Schabrak. lol. I was waiting for someone to point that out.

Honestly, with the way, Oda writes One Piece, anything could happen, but it's always for the most part, surprising in a good way. I just hope, this week's chapter was worth the holiday break.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumOxide View Post
    Im a lot more interested in seeing Frankie kicking buffalos and baby 5s ass and then doflamingo arrives all pissed, see all of his henchmen all knocked out, and get more pissed.
    You know, I really hope you're right. Frankie needs to embarrass them. And ya I don't see Doflamingo arriving in time.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, the way doflamingo was saying that hes coming, at least he thinks hell arrive on time. I think i will Like either situation. If he arrives on time, there may be an epic showdown. If he doesnt arrive on time hell send bad guys to hunt down the strawhats and law n get cesar back. Both seems like cool situations to me.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumOxide View Post
    Problem is, the way doflamingo was saying that hes coming, at least he thinks hell arrive on time. I think i will Like either situation. If he arrives on time, there may be an epic showdown. If he doesnt arrive on time hell send bad guys to hunt down the strawhats and law n get cesar back. Both seems like cool situations to me.
    I think it's too soon for battle with Donquixote Doflamingo - even though I liked the twist a lot that he actually is flying atm towards punk hazard. Well, I like One piece in the end so much that I will be satisfied in whatever conclusion Oda brings us. I'd like to know more about DD's power: plain "puppetteer" fruit would be too obvious.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes i dont understand why you are complicating things.

Doflaming is flying using guepo like sangi and you can see in the image the points behind him where he jumped each time and he is going to the Punk hasard using a vivre card, or even logpose, it cant be wires or whatever because with this solution how Baby 5 could get there.
    as for his Devil fruit it was already hinted in the war against WB that he is a puppeteer man.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amizou View Post

Doflaming is flying using guepo like sangi and you can see in the image the points behind him where he jumped each time and he is going to the Punk hasard using a vivre card, or even logpose, it cant be wires or whatever because with this solution how Baby 5 could get there.
    as for his Devil fruit it was already hinted in the war against WB that he is a puppeteer man.
    I heard theory that he is bending wind with his ability to manipulate, whatever it is. So its not like complicating things but getting full picture of ones ability or speculating about what that full picture is.
    Vivre Card of Vergo/ Monet giving Doflamingo directions for Punk Hazard as some people said would be my best guess as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflaming is flying using guepo like sangi and you can see in the image the points behind him where he jumped each time
    The "lines" are much more pronounced than the "points." He's also gnarling his hands in the way he does when using his power. I think he has some puppeteer strings anchored on PH from a previous visit and he's reeling himself along them to get there.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Panda's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I think DoFlamingo gets intercepted at sea by someone like Aokiji, while the SH escape. Maybe, Law planned to lure Doflamingo, while someone waited for him along the way.

Kind of like how Santino was lured out in the Godfather.
    Hi! I'm pandagirl!

If somebody can find the 'Pandaman' please tell me.
    I last saw him on Gold Roger's pirate ship!
    Thanks you!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read a couple of last pages and want to say that Dofla's abilitiy is obviously using strings, so he's flying over the sea also using strings. Franky is strong indeed, but i think the biggest improvement was given to Zoro, cause i kinda believe he has Mihawks' eye instead of his left eye. Also i believe that Dofla alone has low chances against SH team+Traffy, cause Zoro can cut his strings, Luffy can dodge and haki his strings, Law can do whatever he wants in his "room", so either he arrives and loses or he doesnt make it in time and it grows in a war between Doflas' organisation and rookie "alliance".

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im finally caught up with you all!!!

i am a bit dissapointed in baby 5 as a character, somewhat of a gimmicky fruit ability, but at this point i think we will probably see alot of strange fruit abilities just to keep things fresh because we have seen most of the elements and other things like that.

i am interested to see how smoker views the strawhats and heart pirates after this arc is finished, i know he saw first hand what luffy and the others did in alabaster, but now he knows that law isnt all bad either, and maybe he will soften on his stance of hating all pirates just a little bit, especially after G5 was stabbed in the back by vergo, only to have pirates stand up and fight along his side and help rescue his crew from the poison

it seems that domflamingo is going to be a major villian in the coming chapters, he has always had ties to high ranking world goverment officials, well at least as far back as the whitebeard war where he was seen plotting with some high ranking person, and we know he had his hands involved in the human slave trade business back in sabondy also

his mind control, or whatever power seems to be quite formidable and he is sure to have several powerful, dangerous allies

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Hmm, I think DoFlamingo gets intercepted at sea by someone like Aokiji, while the SH escape. Maybe, Law planned to lure Doflamingo, while someone waited for him along the way.

Kind of like how Santino was lured out in the Godfather.
    so is aokiji a pirate now? or just some sort of vigilante who seeks justice by his own means

i as always a fan of his because he seemed to want to do what was right, one of the few truly good marines who werent caught up in the corruption

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Because your solution was discussed a couple of weeks ago already with no definitve answer.

The lines are smooth and curved, not something one would expect from someone jumping at high speed. At first Nami mentioned it, later on Robin repeats her remark about the Log Pose not reacting to the island. Why can't it be wires exactly? Baby 5 and Bufallo flew there because of his rotary power, how does this have to do with strings etc.?

Yeah hints, we are discussing them, any possiblity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

i am a bit dissapointed in baby 5 as a character, somewhat of a gimmicky fruit ability
    With gimmicky you mean new, awesome and with a lot of potential for subsequent events.

Welcome to the present.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

i am a bit dissapointed in baby 5 as a character, somewhat of a gimmicky fruit ability, but at this point i think we will probably see alot of strange fruit abilities just to keep things fresh because we have seen most of the elements and other things like that.

i am interested to see how smoker views the strawhats and heart pirates after this arc is finished, i know he saw first hand what luffy and the others did in alabaster, but now he knows that law isnt all bad either, and maybe he will soften on his stance of hating all pirates just a little bit, especially after G5 was stabbed in the back by vergo, only to have pirates stand up and fight along his side and help rescue his crew from the poison

it seems that domflamingo is going to be a major villian in the coming chapters, he has always had ties to high ranking world goverment officials, well at least as far back as the whitebeard war where he was seen plotting with some high ranking person, and we know he had his hands involved in the human slave trade business back in sabondy also

his mind control, or whatever power seems to be quite formidable and he is sure to have several powerful, dangerous allies

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

so is aokiji a pirate now? or just some sort of vigilante who seeks justice by his own means

i as always a fan of his because he seemed to want to do what was right, one of the few truly good marines who werent caught up in the corruption
    He isnt a pirate and will never be one. Also, when you see Baby5 you must think T-1000 from the Terminator + maid cafe girl.
    I think Doflamingo will just come to the island to finish the job by doing something epic then leaving. Since Kinemon is with Luffy, I suspect Wano Country is next to focus on Zoro (This man has yet to show his full extent.) and probably Doflamingo after........Then again.......Dressrosa does seem close to PH, or.....nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Because your solution was discussed a couple of weeks ago already with no definitve answer.

The lines are smooth and curved, not something one would expect from someone jumping at high speed. At first Nami mentioned it, later on Robin repeats her remark about the Log Pose not reacting to the island. Why can't it be wires exactly? Baby 5 and Bufallo flew there because of his rotary power, how does this have to do with strings etc.?

I would suspect since Vegapunk has created Dragons/Devil fruits, I wont be surprised if he was responsible in helping to "create" an island also.
    After all "Punk Hazard" speaks for itself.
    Last edited by modoki; January 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

With gimmicky you mean new, awesome and with a lot of potential for subsequent events.

Welcome to the present.
    perhaps abstract fruit ability or broad fruit ability would be a better description

but baby 5 vs franky seems to be interesting just because of frankys various weapons

donflamingo seems amused by law and luffy, but i am afraid he has bit off more than he can chew, i dont think don flamingo is prepared for this upcomming confrontation

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions ~The chap will be out this week~

Smoker view all current-day pirates with disdain, due to his great respeach for Roger. The only ones that he does have at least a grudging respect for, are the Strawhats. As to them fighting side-by-side, it wouldn't be the first time(Alabasta Arc).

Doflamingo's ability is not mind control, but some kind of Parmecia-tyle Devil Fruit that allows him to manipulate invisible strings.

I very much doubt that either is the case in regards to Aokiji. As you said, he was like some kind of knight for justice...true justice. So I can't imagine someone like that involving themselves in the act of piracy. Technically a pirate and a vigilante are rather synonymous with one another.
    Last edited by shane1594; January 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM.

New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast