Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.32%
  • 2] Average

8 5.26%
  • 3] Good

18 11.84%
  • 4] Great

61 40.13%
  • 5] Epic

61 40.13%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

2 1.32%
New Reply
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions ~The chap will be out this week~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 694 Discussion / 695 Predictions

Random thoughts:

@sphin-love the lengthy post- got me thinking, (sorry if i'm being captain obvious here) How do you think regular people in one piece view the SHs? I mean, You have the WG, Shichibukai, and Yonkou-BUT-you have this pirate crew that does not associate(publicly) with any of the 3 major powers. Heck, the SHs have declared war on the WG, Defeated 2 of the Shichibukai and helped shake up their ranks, and Clearly have an issue with 2 of the 4 younkou(BM, BB). This IS the essence of being the PK, no matter how much planning or plotting Dofla goes through he will never be the PK. Remember on Shabody when Luffy said the PK, is the pirate with the "most freedom"? That is what i would guess most people in the OP universe see from the SHs...they are free and outside the rules, there fore most likely to be the next PK crew...

Also all this talk of Dofla, the WG, WN, and his connections with the "higher ups" got me thinking about something when it comes to the ADFs
    WG does what the WN say to do, they're in charge
    Dofla Knows the WN enjoy having slaves(this business was under Dofla's control)
    -Fisher Tiger broke out of the Holy Land, freeing slaves, and hiding the mark on their backs with the Sun pirate Jolly Rodger
    It's known that WN would feed their slaves DFs for entertainment
    WN realize that they're system of "marking" slaves is flawed since the marks being made can be covered up
    WN tell the WG to develop a DF with a "mark" built into the Fruit itself-WG asks Vega punk to develop these fruits...he eventually abandons this project(reasons?) and CC picks up his research and uses SAD to make Smiles.
    This would be why Dofla told Disco that it is now the "age of smiles"-he realized that world nobles wanted to be able to control/mark their slaves with more then just a physical mark....the WG allows these activities by Dofla, but at the same time he is using the ADFs as a new business to sell to the Yonkou...He essentially is the Tony Stark of the OP universe, he sells goods/weapons/services to the highest bidder without care for who he is dealing with as long as he is making money.

Final thought. We all have theories that Dofla's DF power comes from strings and wires, or something of that nature. I've been thinking about how the DF users in the SHs crew had to train for a long time in order to find they're DFs full potential(brooks ghost form, Luffy gear 2/3, Robin with her clone/giant forms, ect) is it possible that Dofla's wire/cutting/puppet ability is an extention of a more basic fruit that he has just trained really hard to be able to use? i mean there is no clear answer yet, so why not this possibility too?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as many members say doflamingo will not fight luffy and his pirates and they will get off island before doflamingo gets there..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dragonballz66's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

@EMS, I don't think Zoro will ever fight the original Kuma. If you remember, the original Kuma is already a WG-controlled cyborg.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to update a little my theory about Vergo having Metal DF- few pages back I wrote about it in bigger post. Update is about spoon that was stuck to his face after coffe in CCs lab- I wrote that if you add a little electricity some metals might get magnetic. Well I was complicating things, If he really has Metal paramecia as I think.. he is all metals in on so he can have naturally some magnetic properties as some metals do have. If it turns out to be true then it will make Sanji look as badass as it can get(he fought with exceptionally strong VA who has metal DF while being wounded- when Nami was in Sanjis body it was said that CC did a lot of damage to Sanjis body, he was all blodied after he got his body back- and he gotten out of their very short fight with thinner of his leg bones cracked- imagine getting kicked with leg as hard as titanium for example by someone who has incredible strenght as well).
    If anyone wants to see my theory its in spoiler
    Spoiler show

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how the Strawhats aren't ready to take on Doflamingo or any other Shichibukai for that matter =/. Luffy wouldn't enter the New World if he wasn't confident in his abilities to take on any opponent he comes across, be it a Shichibukai, a Yonkou or an Admiral. Luffy knows full well what powerful people the New World is filled with, he experienced first hand what the power of the Admirals and Shichibukai are so much so he almost died in the Marineford War and seen just how powerful one of the Yonkou, the strongest man in the world, was. Luffy even had the Pirate King's right hand man, one of the few people to have seen the entire Grandline and sailed through it, train him. Honestly I think Luffy has a better idea of what the New World has in store for new pirates then any of the other rookies from the Eleven Supernovas.

Zoro also experienced how powerful a Shichibukai is on several occasions (not to mention his experience with Aokiji) and the fact that he trained with Mihawk (the STRONGEST swordsman in the world) during the timeskip, that would have given him an even better idea of how powerful he needed to be to survive AND compete in the New World.

Sanji voluntarily stayed in "Hell" for two years, for a man who LOVES the ladies and lives off seeing/serving them, the amount of will power required to make the sacrifice of abandoning being in the presence of ANY women must be so immense, it literally speaks to how determined Sanji was to get stronger and match the powers in the New World as well as provide higher nutritional food for the crew. Now Sanji didn't have a Rayleigh or Mihawk training him, but surviving an Island full of Okama constantly looking for an opportunity to "attack" really shouldn't be looked down on...honestly I'm still surprised Sanji didn't go completely insane =/.

Now you could make an argument about Sanji, but Luffy and Zoro aren't half-assed that they would set their goals to some minimum standard, to them the New World = the level of Mihawk/Whitebeard/Shanks and if they can't get anywhere near that level, what the hell is point of even entering the New World? Now I'm not saying that Luffy and Zoro are as powerful as Whitebeard, Mihawk or Shanks, but they (including Sanji) certainly trained to the level in which they can dispose of a Pacifista effortlessly.

Luffy and Zoro were at the very least aware of the level they needed to be at to stand against a Shichibukai before they even considered entering the New World after their defeats on Sabaody Archipelago.

Also what is wrong with Doflamingo being defeated/suffering a lose? It won't mean the "end" for him, rather it could mark the "beginning" for him. Suffering a lose now on Punk Hazard could very well open up Doflamingo's character to character development and deeper focus. And the thing which I love about Oda-sensei's writing is that he has such an incredible talent for avoiding writing any character down when he chooses to highlight a certain character (or characters), the most apparent example for me in the manga is Crocodile. At the end of the Alabasta arc Crocodile got such a massive beat down that I have a hard time thinking of many other antagonist from One Piece or any other Shounen manga that have received such a thorough thrashing upon their defeat, but not once did I think of Crocodile as some weak or pathetic villain, especially at the end, all I thought was 'man Crocodile is such a badass, but my word Luffy, he is just awesome'. Crocodile was the first Shichibukai to be defeated by the Strawhats but when he reappeared in the Impel Down arc I doubt there were many who thought he was weak. Clearly his defeat to the Strawhats didn't tarnish his reputation as a badass because he is still one of the most badass character sailing the seas of the Grandline. Enel and Rob Lucci are the same, they got massive beat downs at the end of their arcs but they are still awesome characters with still some role to play in the One Piece world.

Now Crocodile had to be defeated in order to stop the civil war in Albasta, but what reason could there be for Doflamingo to be defeated/suffer a lose? Now there is no real apparent one beside keeping Caesar away from his possession, but if a step is taken back, there are a few to be found. The defeat of Doflamingo this arc could very well lead to Doflamingo taking a more active role in piracy and become a more aggressive power in the New World (rather then solely operate from the shadows and underworld). Also how many of you would love to see the reactions on the Marines, the Gorosei, the Tenryuubito, the rest of the World Government, the Eleven Supernovas, the Shichibukai, the Yonkou (especially the one relying on Doflamingo for Smile), Rayleigh, the Revolutionary Army, Doflamingo's crew (including the assumed "old master"), Gecko Moriah, Caesar Clown, and the rest of the pirates we have become familiar with (Buggy, Crocodile, etc)? The defeat of Doflamingo could signal to the rest of powers in the New World that the Strawhat and Heart Pirates are here and they are ready to play ball.

Luffy and Law have a Yonkou in their sights and what better way to ignite that operation then to give the Shichibukai Doflamingo, the Underworld Broker Joker, a defeat (which would include Doflamingo not retrieving Caesar). Also if Law gains a victory over Doflamingo here, it will express to Doflamingo just how of much of a threat Law is to him and the knowledge he holds. Doflamingo right now is overconfident (as shown when he underestimated Law in the Vergo fight), but a lose would truly make him frightening...can you imagine what Doflamingo could do if he were more aggressive with his schemes? He could very well induce the same fear onto others as Akainu does...

Anyway I am open to how this arc is going to end, be it with Doflamingo succeeding in retrieving Caesar or not or whether he arrives at Punk Hazard in time or not, I will be looking forward to seeing how Oda-sensei will conclude this arc.
    Last edited by Syphin; January 08, 2013 at 04:01 AM.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We still haven't meet all the menber of his crew so i doubt he will go down soon.
    I think the only thing he will find we he arrive will be the bitten bobies of his two crew mates.
    Also now that i think about it Law uses a submarine so my guess his crew shouldn't be too from the island and it is y the transport that will be used to carry CC(because i really don't want to see that dude inside the Sunny.I hope we get to see Bepo soon too .

@vagabond87 Your theory would have been acceptable if only conductive element were being stuck on him but that is not the case.Last time i checked french fries and hamburger were not conductive object.As far as i am concern the only things that is made out of iron in him is his CoA and the fact the he is a rokushiki nothing else.I doubt Vergo has a Devil fruit.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    @vagabond87 Your theory would have been acceptable if only conductive element were being stuck on him but that is not the case.Last time i checked french fries and hamburger were not conductive object.As far as i am concern the only things that is made out of iron in him is his CoA and the fact the he is a rokushiki nothing else.I doubt Vergo has a Devil fruit.
    In spoiler inside my previous post I wrote about food sticking to metal and theory on why Vergos favourite food is Hamburger- it can prove my DF for Vergo theory even more
    Read into it, I tried not to left any holes.
    Oda might want to make him different than Mr 1 so he wont hear later that he did similiar ability but without body parts turning into blades.
    And as we have seen in last part of Law vs Vergo, hamburger eater can cover his skin in COA without covering his cloths in it- he was shirtless and we only saw blackened top of his body but we can assume that he covered his whole body in haki to stop effects of Laws DF ability. So he most probably had his leg hardened while landing with heavy kick on Sanjis block. But im only pointing that detail right now, its not like it has anything to do with my theory rather its just pointing that detail
    Last edited by vagabond87; January 08, 2013 at 05:38 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it is the right place to post that, however I'll do it!

The fact that the crew of Doflamingo calls him "Young master" makes me think of the way Alfred is calling Bruce Wayne! + the fact he's also known as "Joker" makes really clear the analogy with Batman. But unlike Bruce Wayne, he's not a bat, but a flamingo; and he didn't chose to help the opressed but rather to terrify them like Joker!

So my theory would be that someone killed the parents of Dofla when he was young. For the who, well it's quite hard to find right now :-/ But I would believe it might be someone strong and still alive.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

one thing i want to see is that, they show zoro push to hes limit. and out of nowhere he take 1 sword and hold it like mihawk, and they show mihawk pose in the background, lol something like....mihawk style death slash. or super slash.
    like how marco see whitebeard pose in blackbeard backgound when he was going to use whitebeard attack.

who could jack be, could it be a new character. or could that jack be....sabo. cause at some point in the story i want him to appear. or maybe like how ace was to WB he is for Dragon.

i also want to see another thing to happen....that girl who die, zoro rival. what if in the end, her death was a fake death. and later on she appear in the NW. or that girl is tashiri and she dont want to say it.

now on topic....where will dofla appear. i going to mention some location.
    1-baby/buffalo cause cc is there and he want him.
    2-he know he could save vergo so he go and save him.
    3-strawhat and law location. cause hes mad with law
    4-to monet location and he also save her(dream wish) but he get there to push the bottom. cause he he will not die from that and he know that cc will not die either.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suna View Post

The fact that the crew of Doflamingo calls him "Young master" makes me think of the way Alfred is calling Bruce Wayne! + the fact he's also known as "Joker" makes really clear the analogy with Batman. But unlike Bruce Wayne, he's not a bat, but a flamingo; and he didn't chose to help the opressed but rather to terrify them like Joker!

So my theory would be that someone killed the parents of Dofla when he was young. For the who, well it's quite hard to find right now :-/ But I would believe it might be someone strong and still alive.
    what a nice comparison! I like and share the references towards other manga,films,comix too ,they are a way to make a homage to masterpieces. about batman,I've recently found a similarity as well,but in Naruto last chapters. joker's past might be how you hinted it,although oda drew him in a sbs,and he seemed already pretty happy and rich,smoking beneath the sun on the beach

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

someone correct me if im wrong. but has zoro been hit in a fight or somewhere by enemy.

i wonder if dofla take cc and escape to dressrosa. i wonder if law will stay with strawhat or smoker.
    i mean if dofla take cc, strawhat got noting to do with him. unless dofla do something to then, or cc is the only one who could save kinemon. then i know strawhat will follow dofla and end up fighting and beating him and hes army
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    someone correct me if im wrong. but has zoro been hit in a fight or somewhere by enemy.

i wonder if dofla take cc and escape to dressrosa. i wonder if law will stay with strawhat or smoker.
    i mean if dofla take cc, strawhat got noting to do with him. unless dofla do something to then, or cc is the only one who could save kinemon. then i know strawhat will follow dofla and end up fighting and beating him and hes army
    Whether or not Doflamingo succed to capture Ceasar has nothing to do with Luffy future actions since he already agreed to join forces with Law and follow his strategy to defeat one of the Yonkou and if missing with Joker's business is part of that plan(which i am pretty sure it is),you can damn be sure their path will cross again.But still a little drama won't do wrong to plot.There has to be a reason why Kinemon's body was carried along instead of being left for dead in the factory.I am sure there is a role left fort to play in the future.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suna View Post

The murder attempt on Moria now shines in a whole different light.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A very long post about my theory of Doflamingo's ability and where the story could be heading...

Like all arcs in One Piece, they flow on relatively effortlessly to establish the overarching story of the saga and manga as a whole. So I got to thinking, after Punk Hazard what is next for the Strawhats? With them being on Punk Hazard what Islands do they have open to them to sail to given the New World Log Pose they have?

Pirates/Marines/Sailors have to rely on using the New World Log Pose because sailing blind in the New World is suicide and more then anything, the New World seas > then any pirate/person sailing them, even Roger who sailed through the Grandline must have understood just how formidable the New World is and respected it. Based on the information we have been given from the manga and some assumptions, it seems the areas which the New World Log Pose can point to from Punk Hazard are; Dressrosa (the SAD tankers and Vergo have to have gotten their somehow, and the fact that Doflamingo is "flying" there now indicates it is quite close); Wano Kuni (Momonosuke smuggled himself onto a boat that went to Punk Hazard, so it is reasonable to assume that since boats don't navigate randomly, one of the destinations Punk Hazard points to is Wano Kuni); and finally Foodvalten (the place where Hawkin's defeated Brownbeard causing Brownbeard to lose the use of his legs, it is likely that once Brownbeard left the Foodvalten, he sailed to one of the Islands chosen by the New World Log Pose i.e.Punk Hazard...).

>>Now looking at the reasons for the Strawhats traveling to each destination; why would the Strawhats end up traveling to Foodvalten, it is presumed that Blackbeard took over the area since it once belonged to Whitebeard, so it could establish a foundation for the Strawhats going against Blackbeard, but I have my doubts for them traveling here.

>>What about Wano Kuni, why would the Strawhats travel there? The obvious reasons are because Kinemon and Momonosuke are with them now on Punk Hazard and those two have become the Strawhats nakama. Helping and accompanying your nakama home is expected and normal. Zoro, Brook and Sanji also seem interested in the country.

>>Dressrosa, why would the Strawhats want to travel to the Island where Doflamingo's crew is based? What reason could there be to force the Strawhats to go out of their way and stand against one of the Shichibukai who they have no direct beef against? Sure Doflamingo is the mastermind behind Smile and the Human Auctioning House that was once thriving in Sabaody Archipelago, but the Auction House is now gone and with Caesar defeated and hopefully captured, there would be no need to go against Doflamingo. It doesn't seem like the Strawhats to go against someone who isn't of an immediate threat to them or their nakama. But now, what if Doflamingo did become an immediate threat to them or their nakama? What if Doflamingo kidnaps Momonosuke? It has become apparent that Momonosuke did see an image of someone or something resembling Doflamingo when he was in a state of extreme hunger. Now regardless of whether it is Haki or some precognitive side-effect/ability or whether Momonosuke met Doflamingo in the past or has been "influenced" by him through the Devil Fruit/other means, it does seem reasonable and likely that Momonosuke will meet Doflamingo again. As for what Doflamingo would want with Momonosuke, it could be because of Vegapunk's "imperfect" Devil Fruit, a side-effect of it, Momonosuke himself, the fact that capturing Momonosuke could acquire him retrieving Caesar via a "trade", or something surprisingly different. If Momonosuke is kidnapped, you can bet 100% that Luffy will make it his mission to head for Dressrosa and see Momonosuke returned. After Momonosuke is saved, it would set it up nicely for the Strawhats to make their way to Wano Kuni then.

Now I know all of what I wrote seems totally irrelevant to the current chapter, but I'll get to the point and it all revolves around what I think Doflamingo's ability could be =/. Doflamingo "flying" to Punk Hazard got me thinking, how the hell is he finding his way to Punk Hazard and how is he "flying"/levitating/gliding? Doflamingo doesn't seem to be using a Log Pose of any kind to find his way to Punk Hazard (going by the fact that he doesn't have one on his wrist and isn't looking at one while "traveling"), so how exactly does he know where to go, especially in these seas, the most dangerous seas in the world of One Piece, the seas of the New World...

Spoiler show

I have come up with a theory, suppose Doflamingo's ability has something to do with magnetism/creating them (a paramecia type ability)? The way he is traveling is attracting himself to a "target" he has in place on Punk Hazard. As for who the "target" is, well it is none other then Vergo. Doflamingo could have set a certain electric current to flow inside Vergo which created a magnetic field and using that magnetic field, Doflamingo is attracting himself to Punk Hazard. It would make sense that Vergo could have served this role as Doflamingo did call him "partner" and it would also explain why Doflamingo kept such close "eyes" via the Den Den Mushi on Vergo. The strain Doflamingo is visibly showing while traveling to Punk Hazard at the end of chapter 694 could be because of him being "attracted" and those black dirt/debris under and behind him could be fragments of metal or electrically charged objects being attracted toward Vergo along with Doflamingo. And it would explain why he doesn't need a log pose.

Spoiler show

It could further explain why Vergo has his "lapses" in thoughts at times, electric currents messing with his brain, and why certain objects stick to him (magnetic fields created in those objects are attracted to him) - vagabond87 was onto something interesting with his theory. Vergo doesn't use any metal weapons, but instead uses a bamboo (which he coats with Haki - chapter 672), the fact that he does could be because using a metal weapon would leave it being attracted to him and sticking. Also Vergo being used to having a strong electrical current through his body would explain why Law's Counter Shock didn't have much effect (chapter 683):

Spoiler show

Now to explain how Doflamingo did the other things shown by him in the manga with this ability;

>>Controlling others - Doflamingo could be controlling the magnetic fields of his targets attracting and repelling their limbs to get them to move how he wants. Doflamingo controlling "Diamond" Jozu is a bit more complicated because Jozu can turn himself into Diamond which is an excellent electrical insulator and would make it though for Doflamingo to control him, but fortunately in the scene, Jozu is only partially in Diamond form, meaning the rest of his body is flesh and can conduct an electric current, which Doflamingo used to stop Jozu.

Spoiler show

Notice in the panel where Doflamingo stopped Jozu from attacking Crocodile (chapter 560), Jozu still had movement in his right arm which he transformed into diamond. Also notice in chapter 561 when Jozu releases the diamond change from his right arm, Doflamingo seems to have better control over him i.e. no movement:

Spoiler show

It is arguable that Jozu in none-diamond form has a stronger resistance to Doflamingo then a normal person because all Doflamingo did was stop him, we had yet to see if Doflamingo could do anything with Jozu beyond just stopping him =/.

>>Anyway onto the next feat by Doflamingo; the way Doflamingo dismembers his opponents - with some magnetism ability, Doflamingo could change the magnetic field charge in the area he wants the "cut" to be formed and force the parts of the body to repel each other. Doflamingo may even attract one part of the body to an object/area so the repelling by the areas of the body is more effective. Doflamingo could have done this to "cut" Oars Jr. leg off (chapter 555) and to cut Crocodile's head off (chapter 566), although Crocodile being a Logia Devil Fruit user who could change into his element, he was able to negate the effects of the attack.

Spoiler show

>>As for how Doflamingo "flies"/levitates/dodges it could just be him changing electric currents and magnetic fields to repel or attract himself to somewhere or something. it could be how he dodged Oars Jr.'s attack and how he received no damage from Baby-5's direct attack (chapter 682).

Now continuing on from the scenario of Doflamingo kidnapping Momonosuke, how does Kinemon fit into all of this? Beyond being a father wanting to save his son, what "special" role does Kinemon play? Kinemon is currently incapacitated, what is the reason for this? Why have him out of action when Doflamingo is approaching? It could very well be because Kinemon is able to fight Doflamingo effectively...

Magnetic materials should maintain a balance between temperature and magnetic domains (the atoms’ inclination to spin in a certain direction). If exposed to extreme temperatures, the magnetic properties are affected and the balance is destabilized.

Quote Quote:
    Excessive heat causes atoms to move more rapidly, disturbing the magnetic domains. As the atoms are sped up, the percentage of magnetic domains spinning in the same direction decreases. This lack of cohesion weakens the magnetic force...
    (^Explains why none of the New World Log Poses pointed to Punk Hazard, because the "boiling" side which was nearer to the entrance, had a weaker magnetic force).

If Doflamingo really does have the power to control/manipulate/create magnetic fields then Kinemon, with his Foxfire Style swordsmanship, is one of the few people able to combat Doflamingo effectively.

If Momonosuke is kidnapped by Doflamingo and taken to Dressrosa, we can expect Kinemon to unleash (after he is freed from his petrified state though)...how exciting and thrilling it would be to see Kinemon, a samurai from the Wano Kuni, in action. Wonder how Kinemon's Devil Fruit ability will be used if a scenario like this does result =/.

Luffy also seems to have a natural resistance to Doflamingo's power if it does have something to do with magnetism/magnetic fields/electrical current. Rubber doesn't conduct electricity, so it would be incredibly hard to manipulate/create a magnetic field within Luffy. If my theory is correct, Doflamingo will have a hard time "controlling" Luffy.

As for Monet (YES, I WANT HER TO BE ALIVE), she may still have a role in assisting Doflamingo:

Quote Quote:
    [...]when a magnet is exposed to extreme cold, the atoms slow down so the magnetic domains are aligned and, in turn, strengthened.
    (The magnetic field on the "frozen" side of Punk Hazard is much stronger, so it's possible for Log Poses to pick up it's magnetic field).

Monet Logia ability could compliment Doflamingo's ability.

Or...the option which I don't really want to see happen...If Monet did die, her Logia Devil Fruit ability would presumably have been reborn in the nearest fruit and we know for certain that there are some apples near where Smiley died (chapter 676)...Doflamingo or one of his allies could retrieve the Devil Fruit and have someone in the Doflamingo crew consume it.

Going to stop now, but I will finish with saying the Punk Hazard arc is currently set-up nicely to flow-on to the Dressrosa arc and then to the Wano Kuni arc. Looking forward to seeing how things will pan out.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Syphin; January 09, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    The murder attempt on Moria now shines in a whole different light.
    Are you implying that "that someone" DoFlamingo is trying to kill/get revenge on is Moria ?

New Reply
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast