Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: And the winner is...

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitebeard, The Yonkou

39 81.25%
  • Kuma, The Shichibukai

9 18.75%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Last 16: Match Up 1!: Whitebeard vs. Kuma

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Last 16: Match Up 1!: Whitebeard vs. Kuma

Quote Originally Posted by RedBerserk View Post
    It depends on what version of Kuma we are taking in consideration: the px-0 or the fully conscious Kuma.
    The px-0 is basically a px + df powers, it's no match for Whitebeard obviously... while the real Kuma is a different story, one of his abilities is some kind of teleportation, it doesn't matter how strong you are, if you can't hit your enemy its useless! (what if Kuma keep shooting lasers from close range and then run away in an istant thanks to his power? or something like that) i don't think that Whitebeard is slow or that he wouldn't win in the end, but Kuma would give him a run for his money with the right tactics.
    "Mihawk, who's one of the strongest Shikibukai, was fighting roughly evenly with Vista" please... Mihawk didn't sweat at all during the whole freaking war, how can people understimate him so much? with an effortless swing of his sword, he took down a giant iceberg that ended up making more damage to the marines then all of the pirates combined menaged to do (excluding Whitebeard of course) or what about the speed he used to cut Buggy? he literally tore him to shreds in a moment... he walked in the battlefield casually, without a worry, basically playing around! if Mihawk was serious Vista would end up like mr 1 xD evenly with Vista, yeah right lol
    I know that Mihawk wasn't at his strongest, but he was still fighting with his main sword, and with his sheer power (shredding Buggy, for instance) Vista even managing to fight him for a prolonged period of time is impressive. And here (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...7/c562/10.html) you can see Vista is as relaxed as Mihawk is, even with Mihawk fighting with enough force to destroy the giant glaciers, shred Buggy into pieces, and absolutely thrash Luffy. So, since we've yet to see Mihawk, or for that matter Marco and co, fighting all out, we can't accurately judge. From what we've seen, though, the average Shikibukai is about even to a Yonkou's top crew members, but still leagues below a Yonkou. Mihawk is incredibly strong, but his fight is still to come. Still, I can't see any Shikibukai being able to stand up to Whitebeard. When old and ill (to the point Marco commented on it) and having just been stabbed, he still got Sengoku frantically screaming at his thousands of men, including all 3 admirals, the Shikibukai, plus incredible fighters like himself and Garp. Whitebeard stomps.

I'm not saying the fight wouldn't be interesting (a couple of comments ago I was bouncing around ideas as to how Kuma could hurt WB), but I'm saying that ultimately , Kuma is powerless to stop WB.

On an unrelated note, Uriel, the whole 'betting' idea is really fun, it's not often I do more than just play the devil's advocate for the fun of it

Epic Brofist!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Last 16: Match Up 1!: Whitebeard vs. Kuma

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, the Palm explosion is an interesting move. And He can move actually pretty fast, and He can push almost anyone to everywhere.

Let's say He push himself behind Whitebeard and then He push him to the sea.

If it goes like that, then Kuma would've become PK long time ago, his ability is haxx, but not as haxx as people tend to believe IMO

Although, I like Kazu-Sama's idea about repelling his own fatigue and such, but there's no way that would heal his wounds or such a thing, let's say he got a cut in his cheek, no way it would heal if he repelled his fatigue in that moment. But such an ability is useful only for someone who feels pain, example : Luffy got injured and tired, Kuma comes, repels his fatigue, Luffy can now fight but still injured. Such a thing could be even called dangerous because that would put his body into much much more serious strain. But since Kuma isn't even a human, and doesn't feel pain to begin with, repelling his fatigue is useless.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Every ability is HAX up to a point when someone has a HAXXER ability in One Piece. Thing is that Gura Gura is powerful, but it's not handy. In the other hand, Paw Paw is not only powerful, it's only extremely versatile.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Every ability is HAX up to a point when someone has a HAXXER ability in One Piece. Thing is that Gura Gura is powerful, but it's not handy. In the other hand, Paw Paw is not only powerful, it's only extremely versatile.
    True that every DF ability is haxx, but so far, there's only two that deserve to be called the most haxxed abilities in the world : Yami Yami no Mi, Gura Gura no Mi. Gura Gura is very handy, there's no ability that can resist to its destructive power, one serious blow from Gura Gura no Mi and it could end a fight. We've seen how WB used it brilliantly.

Nikyu Nikyu No Mi offers a nice set of powers (repel air, repel fatigue, teleportation, compressing air, repellling attacks), but I don't think it could ever compare to Gura Gura no Mi, there's a reason BB went through such a trouble to get the Gura Gura no Mi (a bit off topic, but I was wondering how the hell was he gonna get the Gura Gura no Mi originally ? Because he wanted to turn Luffy to the Marines to become Shichibukai, no way WB would make war with the Marines for Luffy, albeit Ace would've done it... It seems as if BB was really lucky to have faced Ace instead of Luffy, because I don't think he could've defeated an uninjured WB no matter what)

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he really had a plan for getting it, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2