Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 217 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 217 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    Good cliffhanger and transition chapter. Not much to comment on but I wonder what the deal is around Buranchi and those batteries. But I think we all know there's an epic battle about to happen. I think this is going to be the first major battle in the war for God. And I predict substantial injuries and losses on both sides. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a time skip after this battle and the battle in Gourmet world between Ichi and Midora. I don't think a time skip will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But regardless of all that...I'm just ready to see some action!
    I dont think we would get a time skip no time soon. I want to say since the manga started its been over a year in Toriko's time. He is always training. The only way i can see we get a time skip is for Komatsu. I dont want him to learn how to fight but learn how to defend and run away. That way he wont ever hold Toriko back when he is a hostage. You know its going to happen sooner or later.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

We already had mini timeskips like " weeks after " or " months after ", but I don't think we'll get a major timeskips like 2 years or 3 years IMO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actualy, I hope that Starjun isn't actually there, and that last image is a form of intimidation like with Teppei and the mystery guy, or a projection like what Zebra does with his Roar Bullet. If you ask me, I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't displaying the scores, the chefs performances during each round, and dishes the chefs prepared. It would be a good way to compare Komatsu with the others. At the very least, before the Bishokukai invades, I want to see Komatsu go up against Zaus and hopefully win.

However, if Starjun is actually there, I think it would be for the best that, rather than battle each other in combat, the top 100 IGO chefs VS. the Bishokukai chefs in a cooking contest to prove which is superior, putting the IGO chefs freedom on the line. If Komatsu can somehow appeal to Starjun's pride as a chef, it might actually happen.

I get the feeling that it's too early for the 4HK's to face the Bishokukai powerhouses (particularly Starjun) in the flesh.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

We know that Staajyun and others have left for the Fest and we saw them riding one of the beasts approaching stadium. Komatsu felt the heat of Staajyun's hand, so it's more than likely that Staa is actually there grabbing Komatsu.

I thought also they might issue the cooking challenge to IGO chefs, but after seeing giraffes being decimated it's obvious they don't come in peace.

What I'm a bit surprised is them launching such a head-on attack. Since they are not stupid, they wouldn't run in blindly without estimating the power of the enemy and being confident of a triumph.

Their strength is either that great or they have a well thought-out plan to kidnap the chefs and get away from there with minimal losses. They might have a powerful accomplice on the inside or way to get away swiftly.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post

However, if Starjun is actually there, I think it would be for the best that, rather than battle each other in combat, the top 100 IGO chefs VS. the Bishokukai chefs in a cooking contest to prove which is superior, putting the IGO chefs freedom on the line. If Komatsu can somehow appeal to Starjun's pride as a chef, it might actually happen.

I get the feeling that it's too early for the 4HK's to face the Bishokukai powerhouses (particularly Starjun) in the flesh.
    To be honest, if the Bishokukai do that, they'd lose all credibility and better call them a bunch of p******
    They're here to kidnap the chefs for their boss, they're not here to do a cooking contest or any shit like that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    We know that Staajyun and others have left for the Fest and we saw them riding one of the beasts approaching stadium. Komatsu felt the heat of Staajyun's hand, so it's more than likely that Staa is actually there grabbing Komatsu.
    Teppei thought he was dead and made into a fruit salad, but he was, thankfully, still alive. If there are folks out there strong enough to make them believe that they were already dead, I think that there would be guys strong enough to project their presence to an intended target from a distance. Besides, have you forgotten that Starjun has some kind of heat/fire ability. If Zebra can create a sound version of himself, and Coco can make a puppet (complete with bones) out of poison, I wouldn't put it past Starjun to be capable of creating a long range projection of himself made of heat, or a mirage.

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    To be honest, if the Bishokukai do that, they'd lose all credibility and better call them a bunch of p******
    They're here to kidnap the chefs for their boss, they're not here to do a cooking contest or any shit like that
    Not if they make the conditions for defeat the chefs own freedom. I'm hoping that they can make the conditions of a cooking battle even more extreme than the earlier contests, or even a normal fight. For exampe, having vicious wild beasts attacking the chefs, or having combo's clash at each other all the while with the Chefs coooking.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Not if they make the conditions for defeat the chefs own freedom. I'm hoping that they can make the conditions of a cooking battle even more extreme than the earlier contests, or even a normal fight, like having vicious wild beasts attacking the chefs, or having combo's clash at each other allthe while with the Chefs coooking.
    If they can kidnap the chefs, then they'll do it through the old good method : Beat them to a pulp and take them
    Bishokukai seem strong, don't forget they've been upgrading their Gourmet Cells non stop by eating delicious ingredients, seems like all the Bishokukai top management guys are there minus Kuromado, Dores, Niceny

What I'm saying is, why make a cooking contest in which they can actually lose, while they can just take them after beating the crap out of them (Only the top 5 seem would pose problems for the Bishokukai IMO)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with Zehahaha. There is no way the Bishokukai would ever play a cooking contest. They are mostly fighters not chefs (any Bishokukai chef is a fighter abyway) thats, why they have been kidnapping chefs. Winning a superficial contest doesn't suit them.

I totally predicted last week that, "The giraffe birds will notice first, then get killed in mass. That will signal the start of the real fight." Self high-five.

And Star IS grabbing Komatsu's hand I guess he wanted to kidnap komatsu first because he is the perfect target; A high level chef who can cool special prep ingredients but is physically weak.
    What really matters is if Zaus can protect Komatsu or not.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What is up with those "air" canisters buranchi have? Well we don't know yet obviously but is he some kind of junkie or a robot?
    Last edited by Captain Sicarius; December 30, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    I dont think we would get a time skip no time soon. I want to say since the manga started its been over a year in Toriko's time. He is always training. The only way i can see we get a time skip is for Komatsu. I dont want him to learn how to fight but learn how to defend and run away. That way he wont ever hold Toriko back when he is a hostage. You know its going to happen sooner or later.

That's also a reason why I think there MIGHT be a time skip. I think someone will take notice of Komatsu's lack of physicality and make a suggestion to him. Like I said, I'm NOT expecting it, but it wouldn't surprise me. And I don't think we're gonna get a One Piece/Bleach time skip where there's weeks without the manga and years go by. I think it'll be several months to a year and it'll just be something the author mentions and we'll get some type of transition. I mean think about Toriko's fight against Tommyrod in Ice Hell (his last tough, one on one battle in my opinion)...he was pretty severely injured. I can't see this major battle happening and everyone just dusting themselves off like they did after their recent fights. Everyone has gotten stronger...it should be interesting.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sicarius View Post
    What is up with those "air" canisters buranchi have? Well we don't know yet obviously but is he some kind of junkie or a robot?
    Why do you call them air canisters, they are batteries any way you look at them. But what kind of batteries? He is either some sort of cyborg or wearing a suit and not a tengu at all! How else would slots for a specific kind of power source be on his neck? We can assume the batteries gave him the extra boost that he used to win the triathlon with.

I think they may be a result of using some high capture level (around 100) creature as a sorce of energy. I cant wait to find out later, we only got 1 page of showing the batteries but it seemed very significant, and revelaed Buranchi's source of all that power.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Buranchi's batteries are indeed unexpected and intriguing. I think they have something to do with all the nuts, bolts and piercings many characters have (Buranchi, Mansam, Jirou, Tsurara etc.). It is probably some artificial body modification that affects the nerves and augments power or allows for special abilities. I hope we get an explanation in the future.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Grinpach modified his body in order to have two more arms, so I wouldn't be surprised if Buranchi, for wathever reason, modified his neck in order to augment his abilities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict that KOmatsu will be captured by the evil ppl who will train him a bit .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I predict that KOmatsu will be captured by the evil ppl who will train him a bit .
    They will have to turn him first, and Komatsu would never work for them. But they can probably force him to cook if someone he cares about is in danger, like Nakaume.
    Devour this Manga

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3