Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: The FPS thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The FPS thread

I'm a Xbox gamer, and I mostly play shooting games. I noticed there wasn't really a thread to discuss first person shooters or third person shooters, so I took the liberty of making one here you go. This is where you can discuss all shooting games old or upcoming and exchange knowledge/advice to your hearts content.

Personally I like Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield games the best. However, I am looking to branch out and test other shooting games. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 05, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The FPS thread

I kinda ended up hating FPS, because you can't see the character, and it's generally just the same thing over and over again...but I really loved the feel of Duke Nukem back in the good ol' days...that's one shooter I played non-stop, then there's CS 1.6...Doom was nice too, but I was too little, and it was too gory for my taste...

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I kinda ended up hating FPS, because you can't see the character, and it's generally just the same thing over and over again...but I really loved the feel of Duke Nukem back in the good ol' days...that's one shooter I played non-stop, then there's CS 1.6...Doom was nice too, but I was too little, and it was too gory for my taste...
    Ah yeah, Duke Nukem was fun. "Time to Kick ass and chew bubble gum; and I'm all outa gum."

The only FPS game I really have gotten into in the last few years was Borderlands. Mainly because the RPG and loot aspect keeps the FPS aspect fun.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a lot about Borderlands! I'm actually quite interested in buying it. Just wondering is it worth the money though...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I've heard a lot about Borderlands! I'm actually quite interested in buying it. Just wondering is it worth the money though...
    Absolutlely! Borderlands 1 is a game I have put hundreds of hours into and enjoyed every second. In a nutshell

Diablo+FPS+ a sense of humor = Borderlands

It's best as a co-op game but even single player it's insanely fun because of that feeling you get in games like Call of Duty where you unlock a new gun. In Borderlands you get that all the time due to how all the guns are randomly generated and have diverse stats, effects, and looks. The sequel is due out in a little over a week and supposedly has even more features than the first one. Here's a pretty in depth trailer.

Last edited by Jammin; September 15, 2012 at 02:11 PM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man this trailer gave me a lot of info I'm sold!! This game looks freaking awesome!! I've been honestly been looking for a new game to play because all my current games have grown boring to me. I'll definitely buy this game and see how it is

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I played the Counter Strike Global Offensive not too long ago and the game looks decent. I got killed a lot, but it was fun taking on the challenge. The maps look bloody well done and shooting is quite something else. I can see how it's "very tactical" not your typical run and gun shooter, a lot more thinking involved. You guys should play the trial sometime if you get bored.

---------- Post added September 15, 2012 at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was September 07, 2012 at 01:02 AM ----------

Just got Borderlands and it's freaking awesome.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 07, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've really liked Planetside 2.

It's a PC free-to-play FPS game. Think "Futuristic Battlefield 1942". I've had a great time with what I've played but, sadly, my computer is just not up to the task of really letting me get the most out of it. It's very processor heavy and my ancient Duo@2ghz is not even close to up to that task. Sometimes I can get away undershooting the minimum specs on processors for gaming, since well optimized games can allow my graphics card to do most of heavy lifting, but no such luck with Planetside 2.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply