Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Byakuya become a beast?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner themincookie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

True, I hope your theory proves to be the correct one. But after reading a few more responses, his mental factor really does come into play as well. Not only was he badly shaken by As Nodts ability, but failed to protect the people around him, which could ultimately contribute to his future mental state.

And while Ichigo was able to overcome the mountain of crap that Tite dumped onto him in the past years (well, months, in the Bleach universe), Byakuya isn't Ichigo; Ichigo has been literally every race known to the Shinigami world (think about it, he was human at first, then shinigami, hollow - which turned out to be vizard - and now he's apparently a quincy as well). So comparing Ichigo to Byakuya would be an unbalanced comparison; the situation that Byakuya is in at the moment and how he will turn out after the war is largely unprecedented. At least in Zaraki Kenpachi's case we know he has Unohana - who's going to teach him the art of killing; whereas Byakuya is currently floating at the bottom of the Blood Hell Pond.

Fingers crossed for the Sakura Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it could go the exact other way around. He then got to know what his biggest fears are. He wakes up, realises he didn't protect Rukia and that losing her is the worst of the worst he can imagine and thus has the motivation to become stronger all on his own without a Ichigo speech. I think that is more probable as Rukia for some reason is still with him and I cant remember her being as hurt as Renji was. From what we saw her butt was totally fine
    Meh

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by themincookie View Post
    True, I hope your theory proves to be the correct one. But after reading a few more responses, his mental factor really does come into play as well. Not only was he badly shaken by As Nodts ability, but failed to protect the people around him, which could ultimately contribute to his future mental state.

And while Ichigo was able to overcome the mountain of crap that Tite dumped onto him in the past years (well, months, in the Bleach universe), Byakuya isn't Ichigo; Ichigo has been literally every race known to the Shinigami world (think about it, he was human at first, then shinigami, hollow - which turned out to be vizard - and now he's apparently a quincy as well). So comparing Ichigo to Byakuya would be an unbalanced comparison; the situation that Byakuya is in at the moment and how he will turn out after the war is largely unprecedented. At least in Zaraki Kenpachi's case we know he has Unohana - who's going to teach him the art of killing; whereas Byakuya is currently floating at the bottom of the Blood Hell Pond.

Fingers crossed for the Sakura Prince
    The main point is, if Byakuya is aware of the fact that many lives are depending on him, he should shake off that fear & fight again.

I know he ain't Ichigo but they have similar mindset in that regard (protect what is precious to them).

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Well it could go the exact other way around. He then got to know what his biggest fears are. He wakes up, realises he didn't protect Rukia and that losing her is the worst of the worst he can imagine and thus has the motivation to become stronger all on his own without a Ichigo speech. I think that is more probable as Rukia for some reason is still with him and I cant remember her being as hurt as Renji was. From what we saw her butt was totally fine
    Even better If Byakuya wakes up & gets himself back to shape on his own. Though him communicating with Ichigo would be funny in my book.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

While it's a fact that Byakuya was badly beaten, he should come back stronger eventually, if Kubo knows what's best. Why should one defeat break him so much? Lots of characters have lost battles in Bleach, hell Hitsugaya even saw Hinamori get penetrated (no perv) by a sword twice, by the same person. And the last time was by his own blade, and he recovered.

Unless Byakuya's gonna die, then yeah, he's bound to mature power-wise and mentally. It's the power-up arc. Everyone's moving forward.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

The power-up may as well be getting to the level his bankai (used by Ass Nodt, so it's not as dangerous) while in shikai. That way, he wouldn't have to wait aside not to take another beating of his life until the bankai sealing is countered.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    The power-up may as well be getting to the level his bankai (used by Ass Nodt, so it's not as dangerous) while in shikai. That way, he wouldn't have to wait aside not to take another beating of his life until the bankai sealing is countered.
    I think that might be what Kubo is moving towards. Byakuya is very talented. I feel like even though he has a lot of fans...in the manga he doesn't get enough recognition. Byakuya is rapidly moving towards the level of a senior captain. His battle with Tsukishima and As Nodt foreshadowed a power-up for him. He's learning to adapt.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally hope that Byakuya sits this one out and someone else gets some attention. After all of those send offs he received, I'm will be very perturbed if he comes back battle ready. Let Rukia or Renji fight some stronger enemies without being trashed for once. Let them be stronger for his sake instead of him coming to bail them out.

Quote Originally Posted by En Yang Ji View Post
    I think that might be what Kubo is moving towards. Byakuya is very talented. I feel like even though he has a lot of fans...in the manga he doesn't get enough recognition. Byakuya is rapidly moving towards the level of a senior captain. His battle with Tsukishima and As Nodt foreshadowed a power-up for him. He's learning to adapt.
    I think we've seen the extent of Byakuya's power honestly. I've always held the belief that Byakuya was the perfect captain. His skills were incredibly balanced and he excelled in mostly everything. He was well-versed in kido and weaved it flawlessly in his combat. He is one of the most proficient shunpo users in SS and is a superb swordsman. As for his Bankai, I think we've seen the extent of it's abilities. It doesn't need to be any stronger than it is.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

A beast? I dunno about that. But I'll be very, very surprised if he doesn't get some fan service. I bet both he and Kenpachi will get some time in the spotlight.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

4 person taken to spirit world:

1. Ichigo
    2. Renji
    3. Byakuya
    4. Rukia

Common point between all: we have been seeing them spam same powers over and over again throughout the series

1. Ichigo has been spamming getsuga tenshou...i hope he doesnt learn to infinitely spam mugetsu now...
    2. Renji has been spamming is bankai form.......and has been shown to be useless with kidou.......
    3. Byakyua: 1st captain to show all form of his banaki..ad has been doing that over and over again...with the reputation and nobel name that follows him he needs a big power-up..
    4. Rukia needs to learn bankai now...enough with showing us the same dance moves over and over again.

Why kenpachi has not been taken:

1. To show how good/bad gotei 13 are actually (you dont want all the credit to be taken by the royal gaurd)
    2. As told, there is no surety how powerful he might become when he is able to use zanpakuto, therefore, the spirit king doesnt trust him.....after all he is a beast

visit me here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone keep saying Byakuya needs a power-up? He necessarily doesn't need a power-up to defeat his enemies. We've seen captains of comparable strength hold their ground against the Quincys with a Shikai. Retrieving his Bankai and using it against the Stern Ritter without it being stolen again should be just enough for him to emerge victorious in battle. A power-up would just be over-kill. If anything, he needs to get mentally tougher for the next battle, so he wont get shaken up again and damn near killed as consequence.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    We've seen captains of comparable strength hold their ground against the Quincys with a Shikai.
    We don't know strength of As Nodt. Maybe he was the most powerful SR with exception of Hashwald and Royd? We don't know anything. We can't say, that if Hitsugaya could hold his won against SR, then Byakuya should too. And... holding ground isn't winning. I could hold my ground against kendo master with wooden stick, but there's no way in hell I'd beat him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think theirs a certainty that Byakuya was a beast and will remain one. Kubo has really dug deep into Byakuya's character overall. If any one noticed, all of Byakuya's fights have had some type of pyschological imprint on them with the exception of the Yammy one, which we didn't see. All of his bouts included someone who he cared about in general. People who he felt he had to protect and keep promise with. I wouldn't have mind if Byakuya had actually died against Nodt, but clearly Byakuya's role in this story is incomplete in my eyes.
    Smiling Devil

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya will definitely will have his revenge vs quincies..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

People really need to get over Byakuya's survival. He is an important character, whom Kubo has spent some effort on developing. I agree with another person who commented that his changes will be more mental/emotional, and that will be interesting to see, as will the fate of Senbonzakura. Byakuya is a talented young captain who, having developed his bankai to several levels seems poised to join the ranks of the senior captains in ability. He is the leader of the greatest of the noble clans, connecting him to the king, and he is related to Rukia and a loyal friend now to Ichigo. The people who bash him, saying he should have died or that he has no more room to advance and such are only saying that because either they never liked him to begin with, or because some character they favor isn't getting the attention they feel he or she deserves. There is room for everyone in Bleach. I myself have found myself interested in the advancement of quite a few characters. So give it up already. Byakuya is alive and coming back to kick some quincy ass. And I am sure that he'll have plenty of company!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    People really need to get over Byakuya's survival. He is an important character, whom Kubo has spent some effort on developing. I agree with another person who commented that his changes will be more mental/emotional, and that will be interesting to see, as will the fate of Senbonzakura. Byakuya is a talented young captain who, having developed his bankai to several levels seems poised to join the ranks of the senior captains in ability. He is the leader of the greatest of the noble clans, connecting him to the king, and he is related to Rukia and a loyal friend now to Ichigo. The people who bash him, saying he should have died or that he has no more room to advance and such are only saying that because either they never liked him to begin with, or because some character they favor isn't getting the attention they feel he or she deserves. There is room for everyone in Bleach. I myself have found myself interested in the advancement of quite a few characters. So give it up already. Byakuya is alive and coming back to kick some quincy ass. And I am sure that he'll have plenty of company!
    As a big fan of him, I'm one of those who thinks he has no more room to grow. All he can achieve is defeating a normal Quincy, which isn't going to be much of an achievement if he can get his Bankai back and can use it without the risk of getting it stolen.
    By normal Quincy, I mean all the SR, except Bach and Haschwald. I don't see him inferior to others already in his current state.

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast