Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Will Byakuya become a beast?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

Well, Renji's Bankai wasn't broken, only his Shikai. And yet, his Bankai is now reforged. Same could happen with Byakuya's, maybe to a lesser degree, since Renji's Bankai could have been called "immature".

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well, Renji's Bankai wasn't broken, only his Shikai. And yet, his Bankai is now reforged. Same could happen with Byakuya's, maybe to a lesser degree, since Renji's Bankai could have been called "immature".
    ????
    Renji's BK was broken since Byakuya broke it.
    His sikai was basicaly broken for fun because he needed a new Asauchi anyway. Shikai sint being reforged as we have seen it looks the same.
    His BK not only was reforged, but also as said by Kubo before this arc started it changed during the timeskip.

As for Byakuya just his sealed Asauchi was broke =n so he just needs a new one. His Zan wasn't damaged in anyway

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReiWen View Post
    ????
    Renji's BK was broken since Byakuya broke it.
    His sikai was basicaly broken for fun because he needed a new Asauchi anyway. Shikai sint being reforged as we have seen it looks the same.
    His BK not only was reforged, but also as said by Kubo before this arc started it changed during the timeskip.

As for Byakuya just his sealed Asauchi was broke =n so he just needs a new one. His Zan wasn't damaged in anyway
    I meant broken in his last fight, obviously... It was still functioning, only had less spines.
    Don't like your attitude.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That kind of growth wouldn't make sense for only a side character, unless there were stronger opponents in hiding... but if he lost his zanpakuto completely then the power boost would be legit, since he'd have to rely on his Shihouin techniques and kidou to put up a fight.

And I'd be cool with that. Just because Byakuya's my favorite character doesn't mean he has to be the same Byakuya from the beginning of the series. His moveset can be shaken up as long as the personality and skill remains. He could even fight with a second-hand zanpakuto if necessary. Tousen did. Or a plain old sword picked up in the RP. Just saying that there's a possibility that his zanpakuto is gone completely based on what Mayuri said. I mean, Mayuri's sword wasn't in shikai when that happened, but neither was Byakuya's. It had returned to it's sealed state, but was missing the blade because it was broken.
    Byakuya probably got a new Asauchi and had Nimaya help him in forging the Senbonzakura again.Like how Nimaya forged Ichigo's Zanpakuto.

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

As Nodt seems to have lost the Bankai part of Byakuya's Zanpakuto.Or is it As Nodt observing Komamura's bankai returning back to Kommamura?

Spoiler show

Well if Byakuya did get his bankai part back,I guess Byakuya had met Nimaya by then.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But then that begs the question "can an old bankai be used through a new shikai"? I doubt his bankai returned yet anyway because Byakuya didn't receive one of Urahara's pills.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not really a "new" Shikai.Byakuya's soul didn't undergo any change now,did it? He would be making the same Senbonzakura.Well it hasn't been shown that Byakuya had recieved the pill.But since the pills just teleport near the captains,I guess it did.
    Last edited by Knightmare of heaven 0; December 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clear things up, Byakuya was implied to have received a pill. This page shows that both captains and VC's inside and outside the Seireitei were located and received their 'pill.'

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/552/15

And this page shows As Nodt reacting to Byakuya's power leaving him.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/554/6

We know all of the other three bankais stolen were returned and as the captains outside Seireitei were also located to receive a pill, the most likely expectation is that Byakuya received his, just like the rest did.

But even so, it is yet to be seen how the destruction of Senbonzakura's hilt is going to affect things. The only other time I saw a hilt shatter was here:

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-598-9/b...apter-144.html

Renji's sword was recovered, so probably Senbonzakura can be too. Still, we don't know how Byakuya's powers might change, given the royal treatment plus the slight hollowfication of his bankai. That's going to be really something to see!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough then. Though the only way Byakuya wouldn't one-shot As Nodt if his power grows proportional to Renji's is if he turns out to be a LOT stronger with his Volstandig than we've seen.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Fair enough then. Though the only way Byakuya wouldn't one-shot As Nodt if his power grows proportional to Renji's is if he turns out to be a LOT stronger with his Volstandig than we've seen.
    I wonder with how scary As Nodt's base fear power is, if his volstandig will raise the hair on the back of my neck like it did when he defeated Byakuya before. I think Chapter 501 was one of the scariest things I have ever read! I was shivering when I finished reading and couldn't sleep at all that night. If his volstandig is worse, Byakuya's going to NEED to be a monster!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It kind of depends on how the RG treatment actually worked though. It might increase Byakuya's capabilities by the same proportion it did Renji's, or it might not. It depends on whether what happened was that the RG treatment unlocked Renji's own potential or if it just piled a certain amount of power on top of his, if you see what I mean. Even if it's the former, there is the odd chance that Byakuya's potential happens to be lower than Renji's. Still, no debating that Byakuya will be strong as hell.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its fair that some of us, mainly those that got treated pretty poorly for our opinions get to gloat a bit 8)
    Anyone think the Bankai will have a nice upgrade too? I wonder what it could be O.o;
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I think its fair that some of us, mainly those that got treated pretty poorly for our opinions get to gloat a bit 8)
    Anyone think the Bankai will have a nice upgrade too? I wonder what it could be O.o;
    Not yet, we haven't seen Kenpachi. Noone had any doubts that Byakuya will be stronger. It's the size of this powerup and his and Kenpachi's comparison is what people had problems with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Not yet, we haven't seen Kenpachi. Noone had any doubts that Byakuya will be stronger. It's the size of this powerup and his and Kenpachi's comparison is what people had problems with.
    True dat. I think that a lot of people will be watching to see what happens. I do hope Kubo continues to play the two off each other. They are amazingly funny when they fight each other...I mean, together...no, each other! I guarantee you, though. Put those two up against Haschwalth and it will be a fight to relish!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Well not really. It was a plethora of complaints, including "Byakuya will suck without his bankai", "Byakua has no more room to improve". Across the forum Ive also come across fanboy accusations for believing what happened would happen.
    Not all, far from all were debating in a bad manner but some were. They know whom they are :P
    I don't know how he will hold up against Kenpachi but Byakuya has form the looks of it jumped leaps and bounds. Hes probably a top 3-4 captain now. No doubt top 5.
    And Rukia did get bankai 8)
    Last edited by Sanadan; February 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8