Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 119

Thread: Will Byakuya become a beast?

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I actually think if he can defeat his Bankai with his Shikai, that will really be a massive development. It looks far too early to assume it's going to happen, but it would be a shocking revelation to Quincy side. Though, I'd also love to see him defeating fear master As Nodt with his Bankai, since it's one of the most terrifying in that sense.
    Defeating bankai with its shikai is possible, since the wielders of bankais can't nearly tap their full potentials. Yama pulled that (not that it means anyone can pull that, but his disappointment showed us that Koukou Konryou Rikyuu in Driscoll's hands was nothing compared to it in Sasakibe's).

    The bigger problem is that Ass Nodt seems like a formidable fighter against shikai Byakuya (he wounded Byakuya and not the other way around, but it was far from lethal) even without using SZK, so tactic like speedblitzing isn't as easy as it seems. Byakuya needs to get at least the psychological advantage of expecting SZK to be used against him and expecting the thorns to cause fear, and ideally a way to counter SZK. I can see him winning then.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Show me, how can he improve? His mental set was perfect throughout the whole manga. He didn't lack resolve. He never needed more resolve or reason to fight. By overcoming his fear he won't improve his strategy or intelligence. And maturity? Overcoming his fear doesn't have anything to do with maturity.

    And don't speak about his "epic return" as this is a fact. I told you, beating As Nodt with little Talk No Jutsu about fear is everything he will do. And regaining bankai is his improvement. We don't even know if he is there for training. Maybe Kirinji will heal him and send him back.
    I think if he's scared, he won't make a strategy nearly as good as with a clear mind.

    ---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Just to remind you, we have Sanadan's thread to go on with discussion;
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...become-a-beast
    Ah, right... moving the posts so far would be good, too...
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #78
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Ah, right... moving the posts so far would be good, too...
    Done (=
    Now, the discussion can freely go on without the risk of being too much unrelated to the chapter.

  5. #79
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I think if he's scared, he won't make a strategy nearly as good as with a clear mind.
    He is not a type to be so scared, that he wouldn't be able to think clearly. By overcoming his fear he will not hesitate, he will do anything what it takes to win, but strategy is something you think of beforehand, not in a midst of battle. Of course, situational judgement is important as well, but Byakuya never had a problem with that.

  6. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    If Byakuya were to legitimately face a serious minded Sternritter one on one with his bankai (which won't be stolen), he will likely get decimated into a million pieces (Vollstandig).

    But does Byakuya have room for growth? Of course he does!! Who in the right mind would say he doesn't? He hasn't reached his peak yet. He isn't on Yamamoto & Aizen's lvl yet. He hasn't reached the limits of his shinigami potential yet.

    Will he reach this limit? Maybe (if he stays alive long enough) but we won't be witnessing that limit I believe. It will take several years to reach it (It won't take as long as it took old man Yama obviously but it could take longer than it took Aizen due to the fact that Aizen is that damn good. A super talent).

    As for fighting his bankai with his shikai? That's highly improbable!! He will have to face up to 100million blades which moves extremely fast.

  7. #81
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    But does Byakuya have room for growth? Of course he does!! Who in the right mind would say he doesn't? He hasn't reached his peak yet. He isn't on Yamamoto & Aizen's lvl yet. He hasn't reached the limits of his shinigami potential yet.
    How do you know, that he hasn't reached his limits as Shinigami?

    You really think, that Hinamori would be on Yamamoto level if she trained hard enough, for long enough? That's what they call "POTENTIAL". How do you know, that Byakuya has such "potential"?

  8. #82
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Show me, how can he improve? His mental set was perfect throughout the whole manga. He didn't lack resolve. He never needed more resolve or reason to fight. By overcoming his fear he won't improve his strategy or intelligence. And maturity? Overcoming his fear doesn't have anything to do with maturity.

    And don't speak about his "epic return" as this is a fact. I told you, beating As Nodt with little Talk No Jutsu about fear is everything he will do. And regaining bankai is his improvement. We don't even know if he is there for training. Maybe Kirinji will heal him and send him back.
    Actually, when a Bleach character is taken down in a humiliating way as Byakuya was, it has been for a reason. And the resolution includes an epic return. Why? Because Kubo knows that to maintain reader interest, he has to do epic things, not just with Byakuya, but others as well. Take a few deep breaths and calm down. The world is not going to end just because Byakuya's return will be epic. I am sure your favorites will get their epic time too.

    ---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    How do you know, that he hasn't reached his limits as Shinigami?

    You really think, that Hinamori would be on Yamamoto level if she trained hard enough, for long enough? That's what they call "POTENTIAL". How do you know, that Byakuya has such "potential"?

    I can't believe you compared that little mousy girl to Byakuya!
    Byakuya has more potential in his little pinky than that little girl will EVER have!
    Can't stop laughing. Thanks for the chuckle!

  9. #83
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    If Byakuya were to legitimately face a serious minded Sternritter one on one with his bankai (which won't be stolen), he will likely get decimated into a million pieces (Vollstandig).
    I'm more than sure he wouldn't be. If Shikai Kyouraku can survive the Vollstandig without getting decimated, why should we think Bankai Byakuya would be?

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #84
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    People really need to get over Byakuya's survival. ... The people who bash him, saying he should have died or that he has no more room to advance and such are only saying that because either they never liked him to begin with, or because some character they favor isn't getting the attention they feel he or she deserves. .... So give it up already. !
    Please talk to actual users, not imaginary masses. Nor is it your job to defend Byakuya with bullshit sentences like "because either they never liked him to begin with". WTF am I reading here and you, Hakuteiken, seem to ignore his aggressive behavior. Even if it doesn't bother you, it's rude anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Sorry, but honestly, no true fan of a character would say that character 'had no room to grow.'

    A 'big fan' of Byakuya's would be looking forward to that.
    Again, stop acting as the Byakuya defense force, ever heard of constructive critique?

    But improve in meaningful ways? Beeing even more friendly and respectful of Ichigo isn't gonna accomplish much Imo, yes of course he still has room for development, yet he is one of the most developed characters in Bleach already.

    Stop being a "big" fan and start being "good" one, one that respects both down- and up-sides of a character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Says another non-fan. As an actual fan of the character, I choose to believe differently.

    Well, at least you didn't mistakenly call yourself a 'realist.'

    Igical/mental changes and appreciate him for the supporting character he is. I am sure that he will, in no way, disappoint actual fans when he returns. And if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't try to convince others that he has nowhere to go. That is extremely shortsighted and a gross underestimation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Ahem...Fanboys do not write the manga. Kubo does. Fanboys did not save Byakuya. Kubo did. And he didn't do that because of fanboys either... Says a true fan of the character...
    Same issue as before + we will never know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    There is plenty of room for Byakuya to grow, and no matter how much you hate on him, you can't erase him from the manga. Although, I'm sure you'd love to try. Dream on...
    Do you start every of your posts in such demeaning tone? By the help of ... please stop alleging other users to make your point, that's weak and will color their opinion of you in a negative way.

    P.S.: This post is clearly off-topic, but it's annoying to read offensive content, a mod should order calmness and respect. Duniak's post wasn't really mature either and the wrong way to react at that. Stating "facts" without being able to provide evidence is a poor way to argue.^^ And finally, you made some good points, but the package turned it sour.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 02, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #85
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Actually, when a Bleach character is taken down in a humiliating way as Byakuya was, it has been for a reason. And the resolution includes an epic return. Why? Because Kubo knows that to maintain reader interest, he has to do epic things, not just with Byakuya, but others as well. Take a few deep breaths and calm down. The world is not going to end just because Byakuya's return will be epic. I am sure your favorites will get their epic time too.
    "When a Bleach character..." blah blah blah. Show me AT LEAST 2 situations with humiliation that served some purpose.

    Quote Quote:
    I can't believe you compared that little mousy girl to Byakuya!
    Byakuya has more potential in his little pinky than that little girl will EVER have!
    You said, that Byakuya hasn't reached his potential because he isn't at Yamaji level. And now you sound like a 12 yo Byakuya fanboy.

    Maybe Byakuya is at his limit. Maybe Hinamori has bigger potential than him. How can you possibly prove, that she doesn't? She is much younger than him, yet she is shown as intelligent and pretty good with Kido.

    Again, you WANT to believe, that Byakuya has bigger potential. You would cut yourself in fanboy rage if he didn't have.

  14. #86
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

    Well, in a way, I'm not really a fan of demanding tone in words to make people comply, but I didn't feel like things have got out of acceptable boundaries so far.
    But as you are clearly not happy with the direction of the discussion's tone, I have no other choice but to pass here a warning.


    Please be more understanding with your words, and less demanding. Also, please don't forget this isn't a competition to win a debate, but rather a discussion, where all of us are free to express our opinions. Like it or not, someone can disagree with things you are sure of its correctness.


    Hope it's clarified a bit now. Enjoy the discussion.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; January 02, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I'm more than sure he wouldn't be. If Shikai Kyouraku can survive the Vollstandig without getting decimated, why should we think Bankai Byakuya would be?
    You mean how Shunsui was speedblitz by a SR who actived Vollstandig in an instant only to deactivate it shortly after? & Without showing the true devasting power of the Vollstandig?

    ---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    How do you know, that he hasn't reached his limits as Shinigami?

    You really think, that Hinamori would be on Yamamoto level if she trained hard enough, for long enough? That's what they call "POTENTIAL". How do you know, that Byakuya has such "potential"?
    Because he obviously HAS NOT!!
    Byakuya is a young talent (over 100 years old) so it's obvious that he hasn't reached the limits of a shinigami.

  17. #88
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    You mean how Shunsui was speedblitz by a SR who actived Vollstandig in an instant only to deactivate it shortly after? & Without showing the true devasting power of the Vollstandig?
    We don't know for how long he was in vollständig, we only know about max. 1 minute of a fight that took a multitude of it. The end result was Shunsui loosing an eye, with his quincy counterpart bleeding from the middle of his body. Shunsui hasn't given 100% in any fight he had, so until i see him constantly using his shikai and later bankai, I will refrain from trying to fully judge him and so should anybody else.

    In the end, Kyouraku survived the clash and that's all that counts for the point made.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  18. #89
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    You mean how Shunsui was speedblitz by a SR who actived Vollstandig in an instant only to deactivate it shortly after? & Without showing the true devasting power of the Vollstandig?
    You mean that situation, where he almost cut SR in half if not for Grimaniel, when that SR tried to speedblitz him but failed and missed?

    Quote Quote:
    Because he obviously HAS NOT!!
    Proof?

    Quote Quote:
    Byakuya is a young talent (over 100 years old) so it's obvious that he hasn't reached the limits of a shinigami.
    Hinamori is younger and is already a VC. And CAN YOU PROVE, that in those 100 years he couldn't reach his limits?

    Ichigo reached his limits in like... few months? He mastered not only his bankai, but his hollow side as well.

  19. #90
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    If Byakuya were to legitimately face a serious minded Sternritter one on one with his bankai (which won't be stolen), he will likely get decimated into a million pieces (Vollstandig).

    But does Byakuya have room for growth? Of course he does!! Who in the right mind would say he doesn't? He hasn't reached his peak yet. He isn't on Yamamoto & Aizen's lvl yet. He hasn't reached the limits of his shinigami potential yet.

    Will he reach this limit? Maybe (if he stays alive long enough) but we won't be witnessing that limit I believe. It will take several years to reach it (It won't take as long as it took old man Yama obviously but it could take longer than it took Aizen due to the fact that Aizen is that damn good. A super talent).

    As for fighting his bankai with his shikai? That's highly improbable!! He will have to face up to 100million blades which moves extremely fast.
    The battle with Tsukishima showed that one CAN get inside the safe zone. Byakuya has the speed, but he has to overcome the fear inducing thorns and possibly higher level quincy attacks. But unlike some, I don't think the higher attacks would defeat him. I think he can do it.

    ---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Please talk to actual users, not imaginary masses. Nor is it your job to defend Byakuya with bullshit sentences like "because either they never liked him to begin with". WTF am I reading here and you, Hakuteiken, seem to ignore his aggressive behavior. Even if it doesn't bother you, it's rude anyway.


    Again, stop acting as the Byakuya defense force, ever heard of constructive critique?

    But improve in meaningful ways? Beeing even more friendly and respectful of Ichigo isn't gonna accomplish much Imo, yes of course he still has room for development, yet he is one of the most developed characters in Bleach already.

    Stop being a "big" fan and start being "good" one, one that respects both down- and up-sides of a character.




    Same issue as before + we will never know.


    Do you start every of your posts in such demeaning tone? By the help of ... please stop alleging other users to make your point, that's weak and will color their opinion of you in a negative way.

    P.S.: This post is clearly off-topic, but it's annoying to read offensive content, a mod should order calmness and respect. Duniak's post wasn't really mature either and the wrong way to react at that. Stating "facts" without being able to provide evidence is a poor way to argue.^^ And finally, you made some good points, but the package turned it sour.
    You are a fine one to talk about rudeness. And yes, I am addressing you directly, not some mass imagined audience. You are one whose posts I rarely read because you are quite often rude and demeaning to others. And every post I made had a connection to the topic. When I was a bit rude, it was in self defense. And this forum does not deny anyone the right to defend a point of view about the manga or a character that others are rudely putting down. My point all along has been that Byakuya is not irrelevant, at his limit or useless to the manga. If he was, then Kubo would have killed him off.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts