Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Will Byakuya become a beast?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 522 Discussion / 523 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He is not a type to be so scared, that he wouldn't be able to think clearly. By overcoming his fear he will not hesitate, he will do anything what it takes to win, but strategy is something you think of beforehand, not in a midst of battle. Of course, situational judgement is important as well, but Byakuya never had a problem with that.
    He may not be the type to be scared, but Ass Nodt's letter isn't F for nothing. That's the difference between all of former Byakuya's performance and the fight against Ass Nodt.
    And I agree that strategy is something you don't usually think up in the midst of battle, but that's hard when you don't really know anything about the opponent except it's a quincy and has stolen your bankai.

Anyway, from the state Byakuya's in now, a huge powerup would be even regaining consciousness
    And regarding the thread title: is the other option Byakuya becoming a beauty?

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Schabrak and Duniak: this is starting to be fun (I mean fun for me)
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"When a Bleach character..." blah blah blah. Show me AT LEAST 2 situations with humiliation that served some purpose.
    1. Ichigo was humiliated by Byakuya, but became strong enough to defeat him.

2. Renji was humiliated by Byakuya, but then learned to view him as a mentor and has improved greatly. He's with Ichigo now and will probably do something spectacular before the manga ends.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Defeating bankai with its shikai is possible, since the wielders of bankais can't nearly tap their full potentials. Yama pulled that (not that it means anyone can pull that, but his disappointment showed us that Koukou Konryou Rikyuu in Driscoll's hands was nothing compared to it in Sasakibe's).

The bigger problem is that Ass Nodt seems like a formidable fighter against shikai Byakuya (he wounded Byakuya and not the other way around, but it was far from lethal) even without using SZK, so tactic like speedblitzing isn't as easy as it seems. Byakuya needs to get at least the psychological advantage of expecting SZK to be used against him and expecting the thorns to cause fear, and ideally a way to counter SZK. I can see him winning then.
    My apologies for needing to correct, but Byakuya did wound As Nodt with his shikai, and only began to lose the battle when he used his bankai and it was stolen.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Byakuya become a beast?

You mean that situation, where he almost cut SR in half if not for Grimaniel, when that SR tried to speedblitz him but failed and missed?

Proof?

Hinamori is younger and is already a VC. And CAN YOU PROVE, that in those 100 years he couldn't reach his limits?

Ichigo reached his limits in like... few months? He mastered not only his bankai, but his hollow side as well.
    & you failed to analysis the situation & as such you should re-read the manga again. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-13.html http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-14.html
    He tried without Vollstandig & got kicked, he tried with vollstandig & took Shunsui eyes out.

Beacuse common sense doesn't apply anymore does it? Byakuya still has much to learn. He hasn't reached his limit.
    Hinamori can also reach the shinigami limit (she may or she may not, it's up to her) but that would probably take much longer than it took Aizen or maybe even Yamamoto.

Ichigo is a different chatacter (the main character) not bound to the limits of a shinigami so a failed point you made...again.
    Last edited by Kay3795; January 02, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    My apologies for needing to correct, but Byakuya did wound As Nodt with his shikai, and only began to lose the battle when he used his bankai and it was stolen.
    Mm, true. I wonder if he had BV on (since he wasn't attacking at that point).
    Still, it doesn't really change my opinion that there's no big difference in levels of base Ass Nodt and shikai Byakuya.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Please keep it on the related topic everyone.
    You could discuss that via PM if you really wish to.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Mm, true. I wonder if he had BV on (since he wasn't attacking at that point).
    Still, it doesn't really change my opinion that there's no big difference in levels of base Ass Nodt and shikai Byakuya.
    The other SR warned him not to get careless, but I don't know if we can directly interpret it as not having BV on or not.
    There shouldn't be, otherwise, there will be no stopping to this invasion with the second wave.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    & you failed to analysis the situation & as such you should re-read the manga again. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-13.html http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-14.html
    He tried without Vollstandig & got kicked, he tried with vollstandig & took Shunsui eyes out.
    First of all, show me where is my post wrong. I wrote exactly what happened. You have serious problems with understanding english language, pal. Wouldn't be surprised if you had problems with your own language as well.

Show me where he "speedblitzed" him. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-12.html

He missed, Shunsui dodged, almost killed him. Shunsui doesn't even look serious and he himself stated, that he tried to act cool, not getting serious, but SR got him right back then. And when he was getting serious...

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-chapter-520.html

It doesn't look like he was caught for the second time. And Quincy is bleeding from his stomach. Damn, that's a lot of blood. And judging by his age, he has to be an experienced Quincy.

Quote Quote:
    Beacuse common sense doesn't apply anymore does it? Byakuya still has much to learn. He hasn't reached his limit.
    Much to learn? Hasn't reached his limit? You just keep saying it over and over again. Prove me he can or just stop writing that garbage.

He already showed few forms of his bankai, multiple variations of it, used Yoruichi's techniques. More blades? Faster control? How can his bankai develop?

Quote Quote:
    Hinamori can also reach the shinigami limit (she may or she may not, it's up to her) but that would probably take much longer than it took Aizen or maybe even Yamamoto.
    It doesn't matter how long it would take her. That's not relevant. You have no proof, that Hinamori can't have bigger potential or can't get stronger than Byakuya. If you have, show me, or shut it. No matter how hard Byakuya would train he still has a limit, that he is bound to. Hinamori might have higher limit and get stronger than him.
    Quote Quote:
    Ichigo is a different chatacter (the main character) not bound to the limits of a shinigami so a failed point you made...again.
    I love when some idiot tries to act cool and wants to show how superior he is.

I wrote, that he mastered his Hollow side as well. Dangai level was completely mastering his Zanpakuto and Hollow. It doesn't matter how high that limit was, he reached it. Despite problems with Hollow he reached it in few months. If you can't understand such a simple sentence then you should go back to school, really.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if byakuya is to face nodt again without his own bankai then the situation is that he will definitely need some sort of improvement. Overall it is simply not possible for him to oppose as nodt without a bankai, he would need to go to that fight thoroughly prepared. I don't think he will have a chance to actually kill nodt without bankai so he would at least need an strategy to get his bankai back. In all odds it is very likely that mayuri and urahara will soon figure out how the badges work and how to get bankai back. Byakuya is almost certainly going to be stronger after the current events considering the spring treatment seems to take healing to another level and he is also certainly going to get a taste of kirio's food. I don't think the boost will be gargantuan or anything of the sort but it should at least be strong enough so that an actual strategy is plausible when he has a rematch with nodt. As far as mental issues I don't think byakuya is the sort to get down. His pride was basically destroyed, the byakuya we know is likely to want to redeem himself, not hide himself in shame.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

byakuya seems to go throug cycles, he is the most badass captain in the SS arc, only to be defeated by a noob who just unlocked his bankai
    albeit a very strong noob

then he has his hands full with the espada that rukia killed, (like the #8 espada or whatever) but then helps kenpachi defeat the #0 espada

then he gets completely owned by this sternridder

so get ready for him to come back and beat someone much stronger

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya fought zomari, the one who defeated rukia was arroniero. Zomari was about to finish of rukia but was stopped by byakuya. Byakuya hardly had his hands full with zomari though, zomari barely lasted moments in the face of byakuya's bankai and his special ability was dealt with by a lonely kido. As far as nodt goes it is kinda unfair to say he was owned. He definitely was however that is the only possible scenario left to a captain without his bankai when fighting a fellow captain level fighter with bankai or volstandig.

Also, I doubt ichigo is ginger....

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Byakuya fought zomari, the one who defeated rukia was arroniero. Zomari was about to finish of rukia but was stopped by byakuya. Byakuya hardly had his hands full with zomari though, zomari barely lasted moments in the face of byakuya's bankai and his special ability was dealt with by a lonely kido. As far as nodt goes it is kinda unfair to say he was owned. He definitely was however that is the only possible scenario left to a captain without his bankai when fighting a fellow captain level fighter with bankai or volstandig.

Also, I doubt ichigo is ginger....
    its confirmed hombre

ichigo is a ginger, he may however be a daywalker which means he can walk out in the sun and does not have freckles

but he does not have a soul, per south park rules anyway

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Judgng by Renji's current performance vs Mask, yes, Byakuya will be a monster with a capital M! No two ways about it!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member druzod's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Judgng by Renji's current performance vs Mask, yes, Byakuya will be a monster with a capital M! No two ways about it!
    I agree judgiing by what Renji is doing against Mask, Byakuya will probably at the level of a very powerful senior captain level with an overwhelming increase in reiatsu, speed, physical strength and maybe strategic fighting skills. If Shunsui and Ukitake die he might be the one to become the new captain commander of Soul Society at the end of this war.
    Release the World Engine!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken
    That was his Shikai that has been shattered. Shikai can be broken and then it regains its own form by time, unlike Bankai.
    The shattering of his Shikai was an indication of his weakened reiatsu at that point, I suppose. Perhaps like Bankai canceling itself on its own without the user intending to do so, when the wielder is close to death.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-760-11/...apter-306.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/516/4

I thought the hilt had to be maintained in order to repair a zanpakuto. Byakuya lost his. It was rendered dust.

If Byakuya's shikai is indeed gone completely then that would justify the potential power boost he seems to have in store.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Renji advanced from being severely hurt from one kick to tanking tons of even stronger attacks without even trying, then Byakuya should be way above senior captains by now. Somewhere close to Yamamoto. Assuming progression was as great as Renji's.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That kind of growth wouldn't make sense for only a side character, unless there were stronger opponents in hiding... but if he lost his zanpakuto completely then the power boost would be legit, since he'd have to rely on his Shihouin techniques and kidou to put up a fight.

And I'd be cool with that. Just because Byakuya's my favorite character doesn't mean he has to be the same Byakuya from the beginning of the series. His moveset can be shaken up as long as the personality and skill remains. He could even fight with a second-hand zanpakuto if necessary. Tousen did. Or a plain old sword picked up in the RP. Just saying that there's a possibility that his zanpakuto is gone completely based on what Mayuri said. I mean, Mayuri's sword wasn't in shikai when that happened, but neither was Byakuya's. It had returned to it's sealed state, but was missing the blade because it was broken.

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast