Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: What would you like the movie to focus on?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • During the 7 year Timeskip

    4 23.53%
  • When Isely was a Claymore (Riful was also shown talking to him)

    2 11.76%
  • A story with Raki travelling with Priscilla and Isely

    2 11.76%
  • Tersa movie (maybe with Irene and Rafaela in it)

    10 58.82%
  • Time when they 1st made Claymore (like with Dragon Kin vs Claymore)

    4 23.53%
  • A story explaining how the Organization came to be

    2 11.76%
  • Story with Teresa and young Clare travelling around

    4 23.53%
  • Other

    1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: If they made a Claymore movie

  1. #1
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    If they made a Claymore movie

    What kind of movie would you like them to make? like a animated movie or live action movie with real actors and what story-line do you want the movie to have.

    It may be a long time until the Claymore anime continues so making a Claymore movie could help raise people's interest into making more anime episodes.

    I'd like a movie focusing on what happened during the 7 year time-skip like what Miria's side did during that time. Or a movie focusing on Teresa and it could have Rafaela (eye scar girl) in as she did meet young Teresa.


    I'd also say a movie set in the time when Claymore were 1st made like Claymore vs Dragin Kin but no characters like Miria or Clare would be in it. Unless the movie had time travel in which wouldn't suit Claymore. As time travel is not a power you would see in Claymore unless the Destroyer gains the power to do this in the movie.
    Last edited by TimeMask; December 27, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Movie would super-flop if it were live action. Claymore is/was pretty huge in the manga and anime world (Western audience for the anime, but it kinda flopped in Japan). If they spent live-movie-kind of money, the investors would be pretty pissed at the results. Unless ofc they just hired no-names, filled the entire movie with extremely cheap CGI, and essentially didn't bother with a real script. Claymore is huge with a fairly big crowd yet sometimes it's easy to forget that virtually no one has heard of it in the general population; easy to imagine that such a movie would be translatable to "Joe Sixpack" and "Sally Soccermom" or even "Casual Fantasy Fan Fred" but no. At least with the amount of money investors would be willing to experiment with, a live action movie would literally disappoint everyone, fans and casuals alike.

    Now, a real anime, that's a whole different story. Not like the anime series which barely had actual animation (I still liked the anime though). That would be off the hook. I'd vote for the anime do-over in 2 parts. Like most people, I'd want part 1 to cover from the beginning of the manga up to the conclusion of Pieta (the "real" conclusion), with part 2 "to be announced later".

    Part 2 would include all the AO deaths which would blow people away if done properly. The Infected Duff scene would be shocking b/c people, by that point, would have become attached to Riful, and seeing her corpse defiled would be unsettling. Seeing Beth awaken, properly animated, would be crazy too. It's hard not to imagine a real Claymore animation not being well received by people in general.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    It would be hard to make a "Claymore" movie as a whole, they would need at least several movie about two hours long to cover entire story.
    But if I had to choose I would choose a movie about Teresa, from the beginning when she was born to the end where Priscilla cut her head and Clare continued her legacy.
    In my opinion that would be the perfect choice as Teresa is beside Clare the most favorite Claymore in the series.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    I would love to see an animated Movie about the lives of all the Ghosts lives from the point where they became warriors ! Like we see them going thorugh training what ranks they get and stuff like that, and after they all meet in Pieta it will skip to show us their training in the North XD I know it would be impossible to make it into one movie but it would be interesting to see haha

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    I can see one more scenario where they could make good Claymore themed movie: the beginning of Manland war.

    The movie would started just before the war started and show us how big it is and how big are death or devastation in it. It would start with the beginning of the war, then show us the conflict itself, the first introduction of Dragon, the first introduction of AB's and finally the capture of two Askaram and their transportation to Claymore continent and the beginning of the Organization on it.
    That movie would also be big hit. In short - any prequel to Claymore would be big hit.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    I can see one more scenario where they could make good Claymore themed movie: the beginning of Manland war.

    The movie would started just before the war started and show us how big it is and how big are death or devastation in it. It would start with the beginning of the war, then show us the conflict itself, the first introduction of Dragon, the first introduction of AB's and finally the capture of two Askaram and their transportation to Claymore continent and the beginning of the Organization on it.
    That movie would also be big hit. In short - any prequel to Claymore would be big hit.
    that would be cool....it could end along the lines of the Org men going up to a man and asking him to join there Organization and the man turns around and we see its Isely (like it ends with them gathering up the first generation of warriors, and we would see them in there origonal human forms...Isely rigaldo duph lars Chronos )


    i would not mind a movie about the early part of the org on that land (similar to what u said but i would like to see them setting up the org. creating and releasing yoma...i want would love to see who the first ever awakened being was)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  9. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    I'm pretty certain that I have the only common sense opinion on this. It's nice about what you'd "like to see". In the real world, your live-movie will not get made, unless it gets made in such a horrible way that you pretty much wish that it didn't. Unless you enjoy one-run Sci-Fi channel movies.

    Top-notch anime, yes, go ahead.

  10. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    I'm pretty certain that I have the only common sense opinion on this. It's nice about what you'd "like to see". In the real world, your live-movie will not get made, unless it gets made in such a horrible way that you pretty much wish that it didn't. Unless you enjoy one-run Sci-Fi channel movies.

    Top-notch anime, yes, go ahead.
    oh god i would not want live i want animation lol
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  11. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shelter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Claymore suffers from having too many characters coming and going. If there was a portion of the Claymore narrative that could fit cleanly into a movie script, it would be everything from Clare's arrival in Raki's town to their eventual separation. It explains all the basic principles of yoma, Awakening and fighting ABs. I would omit the part about the female yoma posing as a Claymore & Clare's reunion with Elena (explaining the Black Card) to preserve continuity.

    Still, a standalone movie about how Galatea became Sister Latea in Rabona, or Miria's storming of the Organisation would be equally kickass.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #10
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    Claymore suffers from having too many characters coming and going. If there was a portion of the Claymore narrative that could fit cleanly into a movie script, it would be everything from Clare's arrival in Raki's town to their eventual separation. It explains all the basic principles of yoma, Awakening and fighting ABs. I would omit the part about the female yoma posing as a Claymore & Clare's reunion with Elena (explaining the Black Card) to preserve continuity.

    Still, a standalone movie about how Galatea became Sister Latea in Rabona, or Miria's storming of the Organisation would be equally kickass.
    I agree a Claymore movie doesn't need to be a copy of the manga story, it can follow a story that wasn't shown like during the 7 year timeskip. Or the movie could make up its own story like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece movies do.

    A story with Galatea being a nun could work but she would have to disguise herself in the movie. As she would reveal she's a Claymore if someone in the city saw a nun fighting something.

    And Galatea is recognizable since she she's a young and blind nun so she may have to wear a disguise every time she fought in the city.

    This is why I would prefer Galatea to be in a movie were she's not stuck in the city. Miria fighting the organisation would be good for a short movie or a movie later on were it leads up to this.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shelter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Quote Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
    Or the movie could make up its own story like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece movies do.
    My personal problem with all these Naruto, Bleach and One Piece spin-offs/ OVAs is that they assume you know the entire universe of the anime. They treat viewers as longtime Naruto/Bleach/One Piece fans and start a story from there. They're not so much standalone movies; I feel they're more like asides, plot lines that were never realised in their respective mangas or random ideas the creators came up with.

    A standalone Claymore movie needs context. Assume viewers are idiots. Explain to them what the Claymores, Yoma and Organisation are. Explore the concept of Awakening. Focus on the drama of characters who have to be warriors to kill and humans to understand each other. If these are the primary foundations, it will probably rule out most story lines in the manga.

    The only story from the manga that might fit all these would be a Teresa/ Clare episode from their first meeting all the way up till Teresa's death.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #12
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    My personal problem with all these Naruto, Bleach and One Piece spin-offs/ OVAs is that they assume you know the entire universe of the anime. They treat viewers as longtime Naruto/Bleach/One Piece fans and start a story from there. They're not so much standalone movies; I feel they're more like asides, plot lines that were never realised in their respective mangas or random ideas the creators came up with.

    A standalone Claymore movie needs context. Assume viewers are idiots. Explain to them what the Claymores, Yoma and Organisation are. Explore the concept of Awakening. Focus on the drama of characters who have to be warriors to kill and humans to understand each other. If these are the primary foundations, it will probably rule out most story lines in the manga.

    The only story from the manga that might fit all these would be a Teresa/ Clare episode from their first meeting all the way up till Teresa's death.
    They could make a Claymore movie for both veterans of Claymore and new viewers and still explain what "Claymores, Yoma and Organisation are". For example even if they do a movie based on Riful when she was a Claymore there would still be the Organisation in this movie and they could show how they use yoma to create Claymore.

    I've been disappointed with the Naruto movies so far apart from 2 of them and I haven't watched One Piece or Bleach movies, I've just heard about them. The main problem with most Naruto movies is the story line for me.
    Last edited by TimeMask; December 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

  18. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Igirisu
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    It would be cool to cast the characters speaking English with their implied accents so that Raki is Polish, Isley is Scottish, Deveve is French, etc.

  19. #14
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quaria
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    umm...a long blond haired Gerard Butler popped into my head...I guess he'll do a good job dubbing. However, I could never imagine him playing Isley (live)
    "I grow on you like a fungus grows on a nail "

  20. #15
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If they made a Claymore movie

    Funny Isley's has that kinda image in your minds↑↑ (Scottish/ Irish accent.) My image of Isley would have an accent something like Hugh Laurie's, albeit with a very slightly higher/ more feminine voice just because that's how he's depicted in the manga (even Luciela calls him a pretty boy.) I think Chris Hemsworth is my top candidate, young looking, not too outright "manly" in terms of facial features (as long as he shaves lol.) This has nothing to do with his history of long blond hair though haha.

    Edit: Btw, I mean Hugh Laurie in his normal voice and accent, not House. Lol.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts