Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 333 Chapter Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 333 Chapter Discussion

great chapter i do want more releases

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT THE FUUUUUUCKKKK!!!!!

i just read the chapter and WHAT THE FUCK!

Rickert is alive!

Falconia is Overkill.

Rickert is alive!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting the feeling everyone in Falconia is one bad day away from getting mass-sacrificed.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    I'm getting the feeling everyone in Falconia is one bad day away from getting mass-sacrificed.
    I just got a bad feeling in my stomach. If that is Miura just showing how the people all around Falconia live in an idealistic utopia to then fall into the worst nightmare. So Griffith might use that to gain even more power?

Fits in with the megalomania of a cunning face demon.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no reason for Griffith to do such a thing, for now at least. His dream is to have his own kingdom, the current situation is simply the ideal for him, his land is one of the only safe place, if not the only one. Sacrifying his own kingdom is a nonsense unless he already lost it. We'll see in the future in Guts will push him to the edge (like losing the faith of his own people etc) and makes him want to "restart" his project. However, I find it more believable if he plans something else for the people which would help to strengthen his control over them, or deepen their dependance to him (which is already heavily the case).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    There is no reason for Griffith to do such a thing, for now at least. His dream is to have his own kingdom, the current situation is simply the ideal for him, his land is one of the only safe place, if not the only one. Sacrifying his own kingdom is a nonsense unless he already lost it. We'll see in the future in Guts will push him to the edge (like losing the faith of his own people etc) and makes him want to "restart" his project. However, I find it more believable if he plans something else for the people which would help to strengthen his control over them, or deepen their dependance to him (which is already heavily the case).
    Remember he's no longer human, people are merely cattle and food to him now. Yes he wants his kingdom, but I doubt he will stop here. The rest of the world is next.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    I just got a bad feeling in my stomach. If that is Miura just showing how the people all around Falconia live in an idealistic utopia to then fall into the worst nightmare. So Griffith might use that to gain even more power?

Fits in with the megalomania of a cunning face demon.
    On the other hand it is a great metaphor of world governments. Promise you food, security, health but in the end you lose your freedom just to make a select few more powerful.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if Griffith will turn against God Hand at this point ? Again, I still recall that Slan said that a world of darkness and evil will come... And so far, Falconia doesn't seem evil or any of the sort, we all know Griffith wanted his own kingdom, that is his goal, his life. But he was never shown to be a ruthless ruler or leader at all... Just a guess

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

He was in fact a good leader until his very soul got corrupted and mindfucked-

Okay first he was shown to do anything to get to his goal: become a dirty old man's boy toy for funds, for example.

And then he's insanely possessive: Guts, for example.

Honestly these traits alone show that despite him being a good leader to the Band of the Hawk in the Golden age, he had psychopathic tendencies. I think we've established the fact that Guts leaving him was the trigger, but because he was tortured for two years (?) like that he just pretty much let everything loose.

Like Griffith, Falconia has this eerie sense of being too perfect, you know? All white and pretty and fluffy and awesome- some "Too Good To Be True" signs, if you will. I can't say what Griffith may do to Falconia, but I just know that kind of Falconia can't last. He may not sacrifice it if he sees it as his new prize possession (the way he thought Guts was his possession) especially that he doesn't have the original Band of the Hawk guys as his dolls in his dollhouse too. Or he may use the city as how he used the Band of the Hawk then. Who knows? Except that I strongly feel Falconia is not safe.

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Falconia...don't trust it. Everything is too perfect, maybe it's a place for gathering many humans...for later food consumption.

2. Rickert! Interesting...he still looks like a kid.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He was just a boy in the golden age, he is more like 14 or 16 now. I would say 14 because it showed us Guts and Griffith being well developed at age 15.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Griffith killing any more people...

His dream was to own his own kingdom.
    He's now the king of the world basically, so why would he kill his people?

Sure, he sacrificed a lot of people to reach that dream, but it was all done to obtain his dream.
    He didn't sacrificed them for fun; I don't think he enjoys killing people or something like that.

So, he has no reason to sacrifice anyone in Falconia.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; February 14, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I don't see Griffith killing any more people...

His dream was to own his own kingdom.
    He's now the king of the world basically, so why would he kill his people?

Sure, he sacrificed a lot of people to reach that dream, but it was all done to obtain his dream.
    He didn't sacrificed them for fun; I don't think he enjoys killing people or something like that.

So, he has no reason to sacrifice anyone in Falconia.
    Here is one reason,
    The God hand.
    He is one of them and thats what they do.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, i just read the 333 berserk chapters a few days ago and ... I want more, that's why i'm waiting the next chapter and discussing about what may happen with you

And i must say : Griffith MAY stop right now and just dont do anything else.

The chaos is already everywhere, i dont wanna see what happened to the vatican with all these monsters already ... And the state of their faith.
    And the whole world, i just cant see how it can be good, it is a worse case than the biblical downfall.

And most of all : God hand may eat people, but this one is special : He is the only one able to do whatever he wants, god gave him that power. And he is the only one wishing to be known. The other one just stay in the darkness and ... watch.

Griffith may be the hawk of light, it can be true, but remember, the light can blind you and hurt you more than the darkness, that's why people hide in the darkness. That may be something the author wanna say, Guts can destroy what already has been built by Griffith, he still have a written destiny, and that may be his one. But that would be a good at last for HUMANS, and creature of THIS world, not fairies, cockatrice and stuff like that.

I may be wrong, but we cant know what Griffith wants, HE IS the messiah of their world, for he has unlimited power and built something great : falconia. But that may be just an arena he build for his revenge against Guts, the first one to deceive him.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm still passionated about this manga and i want MOAR !

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Griffith joining the God Hand was pretty random. The fact is we do not know waht kind of evil he actually is. If he actually is finding a way to defeat them by sacrificing and then using this whole new Fantasy world to revive his old crew members, that would be a tragic anti-hero right there.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Great anti hero putting his friends in that whirlpool of hell...they're trapped forever.
    If he did it would bring out THE god, which our man Guts would beat him.

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast