Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 333 Chapter Discussion

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 333 Chapter Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Great anti hero putting his friends in that whirlpool of hell...they're trapped forever.
    If he did it would bring out THE god, which our man Guts would beat him.
    Of course I said IF he is really planning this for the greater good. I agree it might be messed up but hey that's some really good acting right there. Provided this manga also uses revival, if it has sacrifice it HAS to have revival, the realm of possibilities is endless in the Fantasia arc. Just Elf Island alone might take a new step further in that for the series.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He will most likely be tempted to use the Behelit for the greater good but odds are he won't. When the elf island is finally reached odds are he will be tested and finally face his inner wolf demon that's been eating away at him way before he even got the Berserk armor. It's only with the armor that that chaotic side of him has grown stronger. Guts as he stands now is a man on his last leg, he's slowly losing his vision, he only has one eye left, the pain is taking a toll on this body and without some sort of blessing he hoenstly doesn't stand a chance. While odds are the Behelit will offer Guts the most power he could obtain to be able to face off against Griffith in the end I imagine things could go two ways.

He could just give up on his journey as long as Caska is turned back to normal, to be honest I don't think he is really fighting against Godhand but moreso fighting for the memory of Caska. Hiis whole motivation and hatred towards Godhand seems to be the aspect of what it turned Caska into. If Caska did turn back to her normal self then Guts may have no reason to fight Griffith since in the end what's it to him what happens to everyone else he's not a "hero" he's fighting for his own selfish reasons, it would probably come off as to cliche if he did turn around an fight against Griffith.

The other thing is of course he does face off against Griffith and that's if when he arrives at Elf island they learn that Caska willingly forgot and has no signs of remembering. That when she sees Guts all she remembers is that he's the reason that Griffith turned out the way he did. In Caska's eyes she may truly believe that if it wasn't for Guts leaving Griffith would have never joined Godhand and she has twisted her mind into an irreparable state with the mindset that Guts is evil cause of what it made Griffith do, but because she herself knows how absurd that thought is and the trauama she went through it turned her into she is now.

It's to bad it's taken so long to get to the Elf island, it would be nice to see positive progress with Guts or at least any progress with Guts, within the last few chapters all we've really seen is the influence Griffith has had on the world by combing the two planes as one and Guts own limitation coming to stare him straight in the face even with the Berserk armor by his side.

I wonder when the next chapter will come out it is getting very restless just to figure out what's going to happen with Guts even though it would appear we're gonna be focusing on Griffith for a while and then we have the whole thing that's happening up in the sky with the moon. So it does also seem like another event is going to occur before we arrive at Elf Island, if they ever arrive.

With all the hazards in their way it would be a surprise if they actually ever managed to arrive at Elf Island, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they we detoured elsewhere and never actually manage to make it to Elf Island but instead find themselves on an island that belonged to the astral plane.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i forget, does.... Guts have the Behelit then?

anyway, I think Guts is not only fighting because of what happened to Caska. He is fighting for himself. That's the reason he left the Band of the Hawk in the first place, to stand on equal ground with Griffith- meaning, to have his own sense of self. Not just for anybody, but for himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    i forget, does.... Guts have the Behelit then?

anyway, I think Guts is not only fighting because of what happened to Caska. He is fighting for himself. That's the reason he left the Band of the Hawk in the first place, to stand on equal ground with Griffith- meaning, to have his own sense of self. Not just for anybody, but for himself.
    Yep he still has the one from the count arc, Puck uses it as his pillow/pet.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Just reread the manga again....maan what a great story this is...

About Griffith sacrificing the denizens of Falconia...I don't think that will happen, I mean from what we know from the story is that a sacrifice occurs when someone calls out to the God Hands and trades their loved ones for greater power and evil...so they transform...what would Griffith want to transform into? Transcend the God Hands? God Hands seem to be the pinnacle of evil, so I don't think so...

However at some further point in time, the sacrifice might be offered to Guts...I think it may be possible to remove the brand this way...and if not his brand, than Caska's...

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Falconia it no the safe place we all know guts brand bleed an presence of evil and Griffin make his brand bleed and even more so those apostles and for all we know falconia it full of those monster's bich's so how can be safe went those suckers eat people and are already inside those wind stone don't work then because Griffin and the band of the freaks shouldn't get even closer but they are inside already.
    the key for guts to beat Griffin it his son and the inner demon because guts son was inside the same apostle at the same time went Griffin was reborn and that how guts son took human for because hi absorbed the power of those two from Griffin and the apostle who give birth to Griffin and we all know that apostle give power to whoever hi wants with out any behelit so he will bring guts inner demon form with out any behelit. -:-

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Just reread the manga again....maan what a great story this is...

About Griffith sacrificing the denizens of Falconia...I don't think that will happen, I mean from what we know from the story is that a sacrifice occurs when someone calls out to the God Hands and trades their loved ones for greater power and evil...so they transform...what would Griffith want to transform into? Transcend the God Hands? God Hands seem to be the pinnacle of evil, so I don't think so...

However at some further point in time, the sacrifice might be offered to Guts...I think it may be possible to remove the brand this way...and if not his brand, than Caska's...
    This manga is too dark for that happy outcome. Falconia, I believe, is simply a set up for a massive sacrifice to help excel Femto to the next level (perhaps make it so he doesn't need a body as a conduit to exist in this world).
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I say the Brand will stop once Guts kills Griffith and SK kills Void.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zuriel's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't exactly see it being a direct sacrifice per-say, after re-reading from around chapter 30. What it just so clear from all of the viewpoints of the characters is that an overwhelming darkness will fall on the world for eternity it seems. If the country is indeed sacrificed, I see it more of as a way for all God Hand to come into reality and become corporeal.

It's a bit crazy after reading since it makes it seem like there are not many allies to side with Guts' team against the fall of the world into darkness, perhaps the elf king if he even exists.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the skull Knight will fight when the battle of the 5 gods takes place vs gutts and company while I'm expecting some kind twist from Casca after regaining her memories and herself back..
    When the next chapter is supposed to come out?.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I wonder if the skull Knight will fight when the battle of the 5 gods takes place vs gutts and company while I'm expecting some kind twist from Casca after regaining her memories and herself back..
    When the next chapter is supposed to come out?.
    I'm sure if Guts tries to fight a godhand, it will be a joint effort with SK. As for the next chapter, I'm thinking June.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

but I'm not expecting Casca's memories to return any time soon..

I'm not even sure if it will return ever. It really looks like a hopeless case :/

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have faith! Maybe if I freeze myself for 50 years it should be good? I just hope blu rays and internet are still around.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Magjee's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We were lucky for 2009 - 2012 pretty good amount of chapters.

Now were back to guessing if Miura will die before he can finish Berserk, lol.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magjee View Post
    We were lucky for 2009 - 2012 pretty good amount of chapters.

Now were back to guessing if Miura will die before he can finish Berserk, lol.
    Well this is a long break, usually it was around 3 months or so, though 6 months are nearing, and I do not expect Miura to go over months, no report on how he is doing, so I am guessing everything is fine, we are just in a crucial part of the story, maybe ...

New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast