Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

  1. #31
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That's nitpicking. Because Sasuke chose to block Naruto effectively doesn't mean that he would've chosen to if Naruto had blades of chakra errupting from his pores. It means he had the forsight to see where he was going to attempt an attack and could defend as needed. If he had deemed dodging as more effective he would have.
    As for him spamming KB, it's a massive point. You claim that the Sharingan didn't give Sasuke any kind of distinct advantage against Naruto when in actuality the only times Naruto could match Sasuke's hand-to-hand expertise is when he was outnumbering him 20 to 1. It takes Naruto a gallon of chakra to do what a Sasuke can do with only a droplet of chakra. It's outrageous evidence as to who the superior fighter is.
    It has nothing to do with Hyuuga vs. Uchiha, but you know me: anytime someone mistakenly claims Sasuke or Naruto are equal in terms of skill I'm going to stamp that indiscretion out.
    My point was actually that someone, even with inferior skills, speed and without precog wasn't completely helpless against Sasuke, at least until 3 tomoe

    Quote Quote:
    The Sharingan can see chakra, but not through the user's eyelids. I've no reason to believe the Byakugan can do the same by way of it never being shown. Yes the Byakugan sees more than the Sharingan can, but it still has limitations, and even with it's greatest abilites of sight the Sharingan is better at predicting attacks, so there's no reason to assume that the Byakugan always has the Sharingan beat when it comes to seeing things.
    With all that said; I don't believe the Byakugan can be used through closed eyes.
    I was gonna use this example, but then I remembered Ao using an eyepatch to mask his Byakugan and being effortlessy being able to see through it despite his eye being covered

    Quote Quote:
    A rank? No. B rank? Sure. When I said damage potential I meant the strength of attacks that the average Chuunin would have access to would be equal to Sasuke's version of it. Genin Sasuke I mean. And once again, we can't assume that the average Hyuuga Kaiten is as powerful as Neji or Hiashi's.
    In size probably not, but Kaiten is a jutsu that naturally repels chakra, and if Neji can repel Kyuubi's chakra ( a no-tailed one, but still ) I don't doubt someone with equal skills can repel a B or even a A rank ninjutsu that doesn't have specifically piercing powers.

    Quote Quote:
    Once again, you won't give the average Uchiha Sasuke or Itachi level feats, but you're assuming standard nobody Hyuuga are gonna reproduce feats from the strongest Hyuugas in the manga.
    Why the double standard? Secondly, you're using Fugaku's usage of a C-rank jutsu as evidence of his lack of power? You don't see a problem with that? That's the technique that child Uchiha master to become honest clan members.
    I was comparing the two heads, theorically the strongest ones in their clan.
    Fugaku's best quality seemed his level-headness, surely not his strenght

    Quote Quote:
    Same could be said about the Hyuuga. Though admittedly, the Uchiha would have stopped being revered as genuine threats to the village if their power was as lacking as you seem to be implying. Once again: based on nothing.
    The difference imo is that the Uchiha passed from BAMF level ( at the time of Hashirama and Tobirama ) to upper fodderish level at the Sandaime time, while Hyuuga probably mantained the same upper fodderish level since day one

    And we don't know if only Uchihas could be perceived as a threat should they rebel, if Hyuugas showed signs of it I'm sure they would be feared as much, considering they deluded themselves into thinking they were the strongest in Konoha, and Neji was considered a genius just as Sasuke

    Quote Quote:
    You don't say? http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_T...volving_Heaven
    A secret taijutsu that is orally handed down only within the main house of the Hyūga, this technique utilises the chakra control gained through Gentle Fist training to release a huge amount of chakra from all the chakra points on the user's body. It is also a defensive manoeuvre to compensate for the Byakugan's blind spot as the released chakra blocks any possible attack on the user. After releasing chakra from every tenketsu in their body, the user then spins rapidly to parry the attack, both creating a rotating shield of chakra around themselves and tossing away any nearby attackers. The user can also actively control the size and power of the sphere to suit the situation. This technique is only effective when rotating, since the chakra itself is not enough to stop a physical attack thus if they cannot spin, the user becomes vulnerable.

    Not only will the average Uchiha not even know Kaiten, but it's only effective while spinning, as the amount of chakra sent out is not enough to stop a physical attack. You grab them and prevent them from spinning, then they're done.
    I was talking about this, what you linked is this.

    I'm using a basic main house Hyuuga ( thus knowing Kaiten and the 64 thingy, the non-branded ones basically ) just like I'm using a basic Sharingan Uchiha:
    knowing like we knew that the Sharingan was pretty rare, a non-Uchiha sharingan would get owned by a branch-member Hyuuga that would still have access to normal Juuken and Juuken jutsus, as such we're comparing the best Hyuugas and Uchihas have to offer outside outstanding talented ones.

    Quote Quote:
    Actually I don't, since that was my original claim: having a Sharingan gives predictive powers that diminish the difficulty of dodging attacks outrageously. Obito was never a prodigy, and look what gaining a Sharingan did for him during the war when he first achieved it.
    In terms of predicting abilities, all Obito managed was a combination with Kakashi, hardly something impressive imo.
    The best thing his Sharingan gave him was to see through that guy invisibility.

    As for the issue, even with the Sharingan no Uchiha got untouched when the ability between the fighters were similar, the only one being untouched at all was Itachi against the Jounins, but the difference was gigantic
    At least until the Gaikage joined the fray

  2. #32
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    The Hyuuga are the strongest because overall they have better fighters. The Uchiha have a handful of really powerful ninja but the average Uchiha doesn't have a Sharingan only a select few do. So as a clan they are much inferior to the Hyuuga.

  3. #33
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RandomShikafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    What's this bull about Senju DNA being needed for Izagini?

    I'd like to clarify that "Senju" DNA has never been suggested to be worth jackcrap. HASHIRAMA DNA is what everyone is raving about. And Hashirama and his unique Mokuton bloodline limit probably wasn't even born yet when Izagini was invented. And if he was, all those countless Izagini spammers certainly didn't all have access to his cells.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    germany
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    If you take away murdering your best friends and family members, meaning you only have 3-tomoe Sharingan at best, then Byakugan may give the Sharingan a run for its money. But once at least MS is actviated you better run for your life, there is probably not a single Hyuga clan member than can even come close to the strength of Sasuke, Itachi, Tobi and Madara. Sure I'm not taking any strategic and logic arguments into account, but why would you at this point? The evidence for this is the way Kishi had to power up Naruto just to be able to keep up with those four guys mentioned above. It's f***ing ridiculous.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Iran
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    Byakygan has better eyesight but this doesn't mean is better than Sharingan .... Sharingan can predict the blows but byakugan can't , so simply uchiha is a step forward than hyuga in fight ...

    Hiashi is the only hyuga who has strongest hyuga jutsu and he is the leader of clan .... so if you want compare him and his daughter ( the next leader of clan ) and the genius of hyuga to uchiha , you have to compare them with Sasuke , ITachi , Shisui , and Fukagu .... not with random Uchiha ....

    Uchiha has his own ninjustu and kinjutsu and they are not limited to only taijutsu ...

    anyway , we still didn't know much about Uchiha and their own unique jutsu .... we only see sasuke , Itachi , Madara , Tobi .... Madara using Rinnegan , Itachi never go to a fight with his full power , Tobi didn't want to show his identity , and Sasuke hasn't someone to even teach him how to using his Sharingan and cast genjtusu ( Itachi and Tobi had their master and even Madara had his own master in his era ) ...

    and Uchiha has some unique jutsu with their fans .... Madara's Uchiha's genshi showing this jutsu is belong to Uchiha not to only him ....

    about rarity of Sharingan in uchiha .... for sure if they go in war , more uchiha could awaken their sharingan in danger of fights .... juts like Obito , Sasuke ...
    Last edited by shafagh; January 14, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
    خداحافظ

  6. #36
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomShikafan View Post
    What's this bull about Senju DNA being needed for Izagini?

    I'd like to clarify that "Senju" DNA has never been suggested to be worth jackcrap. HASHIRAMA DNA is what everyone is raving about. And Hashirama and his unique Mokuton bloodline limit probably wasn't even born yet when Izagini was invented. And if he was, all those countless Izagini spammers certainly didn't all have access to his cells.
    Hashirama's power was special even among the senju however that does not take anything away from standard senju genes. The manga has in fact stated that senju folk have strong bodies and spirit or something along the lines of that. More than that we know that not all senju people have KG or special traits however the senju always somehow stood up and were a match for the good old uchiha.

    As far as izanagi goes, isn't the reason the user goes blind after using the technique because they do not have senju powers? I guess obito did have his zetsu half when he used his izanagi however perhaps the issue was that he was not yet a true rikudo. As far as we know the original rikudo used izanagi to his liking and that is because he truly possessed uchiha and senju powers to begin with. The uhciha version of the power costs them their eyesight.

  7. #37
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Hashirama's power was special even among the senju however that does not take anything away from standard senju genes. The manga has in fact stated that senju folk have strong bodies and spirit or something along the lines of that. More than that we know that not all senju people have KG or special traits however the senju always somehow stood up and were a match for the good old uchiha.

    As far as izanagi goes, isn't the reason the user goes blind after using the technique because they do not have senju powers? I guess obito did have his zetsu half when he used his izanagi however perhaps the issue was that he was not yet a true rikudo. As far as we know the original rikudo used izanagi to his liking and that is because he truly possessed uchiha and senju powers to begin with. The uhciha version of the power costs them their eyesight.
    Rikudou didn't use Izanagi, Izanagi is an imitation the Uchiha created.
    Rikudou's jutsu is Banbutsu Sozo

  8. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    Byakygan has better eyesight but this doesn't mean is better than Sharingan .... Sharingan can predict the blows but byakugan can't , so simply uchiha is a step forward than hyuga in fight ...

    Hiashi is the only hyuga who has strongest hyuga jutsu and he is the leader of clan .... so if you want compare him and his daughter ( the next leader of clan ) and the genius of hyuga to uchiha , you have to compare them with Sasuke , ITachi , Shisui , and Fukagu .... not with random Uchiha ....

    Uchiha has his own ninjustu and kinjutsu and they are not limited to only taijutsu ...

    anyway , we still didn't know much about Uchiha and their own unique jutsu .... we only see sasuke , Itachi , Madara , Tobi .... Madara using Rinnegan , Itachi never go to a fight with his full power , Tobi didn't want to show his identity , and Sasuke hasn't someone to even teach him how to using his Sharingan and cast genjtusu ( Itachi and Tobi had their master and even Madara had his own master in his era ) ...

    and Uchiha has some unique jutsu with their fans .... Madara's Uchiha's genshi showing this jutsu is belong to Uchiha not to only him ....

    about rarity of Sharingan in uchiha .... for sure if they go in war , more uchiha could awaken their sharingan in danger of fights .... juts like Obito , Sasuke ...

    I don't see how the sharingan predictably would work on an opponent who can see all around them. Just cause the sharingan can predict a punch doesn't mean it's an advantage against a hyuga with byakugan. It's not a disadvantage the fight would be a stale mate even against a hyuga who can't use jyuken.

    We thought itachi was the strongest uchiha do to solo-ING his clan. But now we know and have seen madara in action rennigan excluded. We don't know much about the hyuga thanks to KISHI to say hiashi is the strongest now although him pushing the ten tails hand tail is a good case in his favor. I don't know if the ten tails hand tail couldn't tank one hyuga's tech I don't see sasuke or itachi sasunoo have a better chance. Theirs amateretsu that'll probably work but then again a hyuga can utilize chakra all over thiers bodies so they'll probably push off. These are possibilities until we them vs one another the same argument could be made in the uchiha favor.
    I always assume if itachi uses his tsukiyomi in battle or any strong genjustu than he's going all out since genjutsu for itachi is rasengan for naruto. Madara pulling jutsu and doujutsu out of left field against opponents he consider fodder in my opinion that's going all out hell sasuke goes all out in every fight that boy don't hold back for no one. You say unique I say potential potential to awaken unique jutsu sasuke's enton itachi time control tsukiyomi shushui mind control genjutu obito warp jutsu.

    Madara so far is the only uchiha with a number 8 fan and the way he uses it is probably tied to HIS Chakra alone obito didn't once use it like madara has.

    I don't know about that going into battle awakens the sharingan sasuke awoke his twice out fear. Thiers not sayian until they get MS itachi awoken his at an early age not because of battle to me its seem like 10% anger 20% battle 70% fear of dieing .

    In the end hyuga over uchiha all day lol
    Last edited by Black God; January 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM.

  9. #39
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Are The Hyuuga the Strongest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Rikudou didn't use Izanagi, Izanagi is an imitation the Uchiha created.
    Rikudou's jutsu is Banbutsu Sozo
    Didn't the manga say the rikudo used izanago?
    http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...0-page-11.html
    or is the translation wrong? The jutsu you mention is in the wikia however I find the whole thing a tad strange. Or perhaps kishi retconned this?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts