Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gin vs Shunsui

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin vs Shunsui

Scenario 1

Distance: 30 meters
    Restrictions: Bankai
    Mindset: IC with intent to kill
    Knowledge: None

I think this is a very interesting battle, considering their characters

Eventually, their may be a scenario 2

Scenario 2

Distance: 30 meters
    Restrictions: None
    Mindset: IC with intent to kill
    Knowledge:
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; January 10, 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gin vs Shunsui

It's could go either way imo but the more probable character to win is Shunsui.

tbh This is one of the battles I wished acatually happended because of their character similarity in battle (The Venomous Snake vs Captain Commander).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Without bankai Shunsui should win. Gin's shikai isn't particularly impressive shouldn't be too much for Shunsui.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin shikai has advantages I think Gin will be able to use, put the battle in his favor. Gin has a even more tricky personality than Shunsui, and spent a lot of time with Aizen. So he knows how to annoy people with small talk, and use that to his advantage XD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by En Yang Ji View Post
    Gin shikai has advantages I think Gin will be able to use, put the battle in his favor. Gin has a even more tricky personality than Shunsui, and spent a lot of time with Aizen. So he knows how to annoy people with small talk, and use that to his advantage XD.
    Yea but Shunsii isnt the type to drop his guard due to devious talking or taunting....Gin is pretty fast able to take on Bankia Ichigo and stalemate with base Shinji...He can also activate his shikia at close range which is deadly....

Shunsui wins though his shikia However packs more of a punch and is deadlier...I also think he's the better swordsman..he takes it mid difficulty

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin's best bet would be to keep his distance, but if Shunsui catches Gin's shadow, it's over. I'm pretty sure Shunsui is quicker as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin would win. His Zanpakutou is actually made for battle and without any distraction or cheating Shunsui would never get a clean hit. Gin is also a genius and unlike Hitsugaya, he already had 100 years to improve and master his own powers.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kyouraku's Shikai, without prior knowledge, is very difficult to fight against, so, I'd go with him.
    Though, I don't think Gin would be anything less perceptive than Starkk, so, it wouldn't be an easy win for Kyouraku in that respect.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Shunsui is faster than Gin and also the better swordsman. We haven't seen kido from either, Shunsui's shikai is very tricky to handle for his opponents, so IMHO he would win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui takes this one. Gins sword is long, and very fast, but so were the Cero fired from Starrk. Shunsui had no trouble dodging those. As for the games, a big long sword leaves a huge shadow. Shunsui stabs the ground from that shadow and instantly impales Gin. Gin would have to dodge it the way Starrk did by not being attached to the shadow. In order for him to do that he'd have to retract his sword. As shown with fake Aizen, Shunsui can use any shadow that's cast and use it to his advantage in Kageoni.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

First scenario I would go with shunsui. Gin has an ability which IMO would be tricky for shunsui to fight against however this is an scenario where age would end up making the difference. Shunsui's games are as much of a hazzard to shunsui as they are to gin so with his ability it wouldn't be strange that gin is able to deal some decent damage. Gin's sword is perfect for defense and offense and the added range could present a serious problem when dealing game based damage. In turn shunsui has two swords and is perhaps the better swordsman along with having working knowledge of the games. Shunsui wins but not easily.

Second scenario definitely gin. Gin's bankai is dangerous on all possible accounts, specially against something like games. Gin's poison was able to even damage transcendental aizen and the speed of his bankai is fast enough to make people believe it moves at 500 times the speed of sound (even though its a lie). In this particular case I would argue that gin getting an easy victory over masked bankai ichigo is extremely relevant. I don't think shunsui would be able to dodge everything gin can throw at him and once it is gin's turn to attack or hit things he has an overwhelming advantage. Even if that does not work a single hit can get shunsui poisoned and that can only end in death. Shunsui would need bankai to win this one IMO.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres no knowledge of Shunsuis games. With intent to kill theres also no reason to go into the "planning to give you hints" like he did with Starrk. Gin would need to connect with his sword in order to stand a chance to beat Shunsui. That's a tough sell to me seeing as how even confused Ichigo could dodge his attacks.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First scenario shikai to shikai Shunsui wins based on Gins shikai not being faster than Starks no movement cero (don't even bring up the point blank gunshots)

Second scenario is already messed up because we don't know Shunsui's bankai. Gin wins pretty easily but whether its because he actually could or lack of knowledge leaves this answer premature.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I point out something very quickly - Shunsui's colour game showed that even if you get a powerful hit on someone, unless you call the right colour, you don't do much. Shunsui could exploit that very, very easily. The real problem here is we haven't seen Shunsui trying properly. Even against Starkk (the number one espada, remember) he spent the first sparring as a way to balance his strikes without one being stronger. His games have the potential to give him a huge advantage (or, rather, shadow and colour games) so the question is can he set them up before Gin hits him with his shikai/bankai?

Even in Bankai, if Gin hasn't worked out the colour game he might not be able to do damage, and if Shunshui doesn't do a demonstration hit to give Gin a chance to work out the game, it's over.

Don't rule Shunsui out of either match, he IS the new captain-commander of the Gotei 13 and personally trained by Yamamoto...

Epic Brofist!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the thing about Gin's Bankai is, without knowledge, it's not something you can counter, unless you have unlimited regeneration Aizen had thanks to Hogyoku.
    Kyouraku can catch Gin off guard and hit him the way he hit Starkk to get the upper hand, but if Gin does the same, it's all over for certain, which means, Kyouraku is at a natural disadvantage against Gin's Bankai, since he has no chance to figure it out without getting killed. It's true that we don't know of his Bankai yet, and it could be something even more lethal than his Shikai. Regardless, that disadvantage won't disappear.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast