Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: What did Shikaku hide in the wooden box tucked away on the left shelf?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • A stack of Icha Icha novels

    76 42.70%
  • Various sextoys

    20 11.24%
  • A ring to celebrate his wedding with his wife

    6 3.37%
  • Letters from various kunoichi scattered among the Five Nations

    16 8.99%
  • Photos of a forbidden three-way with Chouza and Inoichi

    32 17.98%
  • The Seven Swords of the Mist

    1 0.56%
  • The One who Knows Everything

    9 5.06%
  • Rikudou Sennin

    18 10.11%
New Reply
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 650

Thread: Naruto 616 Discussion

  1. #601
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard to have Naruto take the main role while still allowing the Alliance to help. That's what we got during his fight with the Paths, Naruto being the star while the toads assisted. I think that's the difference. There, Naruto was the leader because he was actually preforming the role of leader, whereas here, Naruto's the leader basically by default.
    How do you want Naruto to be assisted by powerless human being against the progenito of the universe and two haxed uchiha empowered by Hashimara's cell. Even Uchiha and Guy sensei are done already. Besides, the alliance got it time to shine when Naruto was crawling - and they failed. I think this was enough to show that the current fight is out of their league. What do you expect from Jonin and genin against the Juubi when the 5 kages who are supposed to know hidden Jutsu have failed against Madara alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Him being a genius would fully explain being able to locate whatever boss hawk holds the scroll needed to make the contract. And aside from signing said scroll, there is no rules for gaining a summon. We haven't been shown how a person originally gains a summon, aside from it being pasted down from master to student, so there's nothing suggesting that Sasuke's actions were out of the ordinary. Heck, if you go by the anime, all Sasuke had to do was preform the seals and he would have been taken straight to the hawks. But the point is, we don't know how anyone gains an summon without it being past down.
    Here you go. Everything you are saying is speculation. The truth is that you accepted without any question. This is a biased way of thinking. Sasuke being a genius means he has a Sharingan, nothing else. All the Uchiha clan, Hyuaga are genius because of their KKG. It has nothing to do with their brains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    We did see the Kyuubi give away chakra, but when it did so, there wasn't any cloak. And while it undoubtedly has been recon, manifesting that much chakra is suppose to be deadly. Then there's Naruto suddenly being able to convert the Kyuubi's chakra into something else.
    Kakashi did not manifest a cloak in the same way Naruto did not manifest a Kyuubi cloak against Haku or Neiji. The cloak mean you have received enough chakra to form a cloak. The intel given by 616 is that Naruto gave enough chakra so that they can form a cloak without tail - because the chakra is not raw Kyuubi chakra. That amount is not deadly because Naruto converted it before handling to others. This prove that Naruto is now a master of chakra control, and that he is also special to control raw Kyuubi chakra unlike what you guys keep saying about him. Unfortunately, you deny all these fact, and therefore you will keep complaining despite all the evidence we give you.

    In fact, you can give a baseless reason for Sasuke finding the Hawk, but you are unable to see the obvious facts that are revealed in the series.

    ==== To the Mod ===

    You should not delete my post because some people are encouraging you to do so. And if you delete it, you should at least tell me why unless my argument is against your point of view - and you want to help your friends. You should have noticed that these people keep posting the same things without reading the manga or the other posts. To continue in their denial, they are even attacking the scanlators now accusing them of bad translation.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #602
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    ==== To the Mod ===

    You should not delete my post because some people are encouraging you to do so. And if you delete it, you should at least tell me why unless my argument is against your point of view - and you want to help your friends. You should have noticed that these people keep posting the same things without reading the manga or the other posts. To continue in their denial, they are even attacking the scanlators now accusing them of bad translation.
    All posts being deleted are due to transgressions of the rules of this site. If there's any problem with a mod decision, please contact a mod in a PM, so we can take a closer look at the problem.

    And some scanlations have bad translations. That's historical fact.
    Last edited by benelori; January 21, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

  4. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #603
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Sasuke's brother uses bird summons, I see no reason why he can't do the same. And so what there is no origin. What is the origin behind Temari's summon that we only saw once? What about Kakashi's dogs? I feel many people hated on that moment (as insignificant as it was) simply because they hate Sasuke.
    Crows fit Itachi's theme in many ways. They were also always his thing (consistency is a plus). I didn't say Sasuke couldn't/shouldn't have a bird, I just didn't like how it was handled. It just came out of nowhere and was never mentioned again. He could have just summoned a log to jump off of, but Kishi made it a hawk so that he could jam the 'symbolism' down our throats about Sasuke's change, instead of showing the reader what Sasuke is actually thinking (like he seems to be now).

    Temari's summon was also an asspull I didn't and still don't like. Much like Itachi, Kakashi's dogs go with the character's themes and act as effective motifs for his personality. The dogs themselves also have more humanity than most summons; especially Pakkun.

  6. #604
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    ==== To the Mod ===

    You should not delete my post because some people are encouraging you to do so. And if you delete it, you should at least tell me why unless my argument is against your point of view - and you want to help your friends. You should have noticed that these people keep posting the same things without reading the manga or the other posts. To continue in their denial, they are even attacking the scanlators now accusing them of bad translation.
    I deleted your post because it was rude. Continue to be rude, and I'll continue to delete it. If you have a problem, take it up with me in PM or PM a blue or red, preferably 3c. And it has nothing to do with your argument being against my point of view, it has more to do with the tone of your argument.

    And you should notice you're doing the same thing - posting the same things without reading the manga and other posts. If you don't want your posts to be deleted, then be less rude or aggressive. Simple as that.

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #605
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    How do you want Naruto to be assisted by powerless human being against the progenito of the universe and two haxed uchiha empowered by Hashimara's cell. Even Uchiha and Guy sensei are done already. Besides, the alliance got it time to shine when Naruto was crawling - and they failed. I think this was enough to show that the current fight is out of their league. What do you expect from Jonin and genin against the Juubi when the 5 kages who are supposed to know hidden Jutsu have failed against Madara alone?
    They aren't that powerless. They were shown fully capable of stalling and distracting the villains, so they're fully capable of creating an opening for Naruto to have a moment to shine. Especially since Madara and the Juubi are being made to hold back and incapable of going all out. The toads didn't do much against the Paths, but they gave Naruto the opportunities he needed to do his stuff.

    Also, hidden techniques are techniques unique to specific clans. None of the Kages were declared to know any and it wouldn't have really mattered.

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    Here you go. Everything you are saying is speculation. The truth is that you accepted without any question. This is a biased way of thinking. Sasuke being a genius means he has a Sharingan, nothing else. All the Uchiha clan, Hyuaga are genius because of their KKG. It has nothing to do with their brains.
    The only speculation is how it exactly pertains to Sasuke. It's a fact that we have no idea how one gains a summoning outside being passed down the scroll. Since we don't know how the majority of ninjas got their summons, can hardly call Sasuke out for it. And possessing the Sharingan has little to do with being considered a genius, outside the act of simply awaking it. But just having a bloodline limit doesn't make one a genius. Sasuke, Itachi, and Neji are all considered geniuses, whereas Obito and Hinata aren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    Kakashi did not manifest a cloak in the same way Naruto did not manifest a Kyuubi cloak against Haku or Neiji. The cloak mean you have received enough chakra to form a cloak. The intel given by 616 is that Naruto gave enough chakra so that they can form a cloak without tail - because the chakra is not raw Kyuubi chakra. That amount is not deadly because Naruto converted it before handling to others. This prove that Naruto is now a master of chakra control, and that he is also special to control raw Kyuubi chakra unlike what you guys keep saying about him. Unfortunately, you deny all these fact, and therefore you will keep complaining despite all the evidence we give you.

    In fact, you can give a baseless reason for Sasuke finding the Hawk, but you are unable to see the obvious facts that are revealed in the series.
    No, Kakashi didn't manifest any signs at all. Even when Naruto drew upon the Kyuubi's chakra, he developed an aura and physical changes like his teeth getting longer and eyes becoming feral. This so-called ability to give away enough chakra to grant others a cloak and convert chakra were all introduced this very chapter, with no real foreshadowing, which is the whole issue. And when did Naruto say he was giving them enough chakra to form a cloak? Claiming that Naruto now has mastered chakra control is the same, given that Naruto was outright confirmed incapable of enough control to form the Rasengan singlehandedly. There isn't no "facts" being denied, nor evidence explaining said issues.

    And all I did was point out that we don't have a clue where anyone gets a wild summoning, so it's not an asspull unique to Sasuke.

  9. #606
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I'll definately get a subscription, if only for "legit" translations. Not that our mangastream scanlators suck, it's just... I feel like the scanlators at WSJ should be considered professionals, while the others are just doing it for a hobby. We could potentially be getting better insight into the story if the people doing the translations are getting paid for it.

    Plus... I kinda feel like I owe Kishi. Ya know?
    A bird tells me they're some of the same people. One of them used to frequent our forums here, but since he got hired by viz (I believe) he no longer says hi.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

  10. #607
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    A bird tells me they're some of the same people. One of them used to frequent our forums here, but since he got hired by viz (I believe) he no longer says hi.
    Are you talking about Hisshou? Who got hired by Viz?

    PS: Man. Missed all the drama.

    ---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    The Ninja Alliance wins!
    That avatar is fucking excellent. Did you get that idea from one of my posts?

  11. #608
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Behind you..that's my Kage Bunshin
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    I'm all for relaxing > complaining, but there has been an alarming amount of asspulls in this war arc, relative to the rest of the manga. I don't think Oro is completely revived- we just have yet to see the consequences of his shoddy resurrection. Sasuke's method of reversing the seal wasn't an asspull, but I am curious to know how he was so sure that that exact method would work. It seemed like Oro had shared some secrets so that his successor could revive him later on (like Madara did with Nagato). Naruto's RS seal was not a huge asspull, but an annoyingly ham-fisted way of saying "LOOK, NARUTO IS GOING TO BE RIKUDOU". Same reason I don't like the gold cloaks, but that's besides the point.

    IMO Kin and Gin possessing kyuubi chakra was the greatest asspull of the whole arc. Without that plot point none of this 'sharing bijuu chakra' would be a thing, and there would be no 'you can make the jyuubi with just a teaspoon of bijuu chakra' crap. So technically 'sharing bijuu chakra' isn't an asspull proper- just the result of one. A taintpull, if I may.
    When did Oro do that? Why is it acceptable it happened? All I am a saying is this manga is riddled with asspulls. In fact sharing chakra is the least because getting you team mate out of genjutsu involves injecting an amount of chakra into them. Jiraiya showed that to Naruto when he taught him about genjutsus. Therefore sharing chakra is not even close to an astrononical jump otherwise known as an asspull (if I may )

    Though overall - I get your point.
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

  12. #609
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    All posts being deleted are due to transgressions of the rules of this site. If there's any problem with a mod decision, please contact a mod in a PM, so we can take a closer look at the problem.

    And some scanlations have bad translations. That's historical fact.
    I don't deny that some scanlations have bad translation, but you can see their mistake within the context. In the present case, the fan is saying that mangapanda is better than mangastream. This assertion is not true because in the last chapter, mangastream was clearly better. And even if you read mangapanda closely, you will notice they were wrong.

  13. #610
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Archives
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    The color pages made me smile, and I wouldn't mind seeing those three rollin' with that attire.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

  14. #611
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cloud Village
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Akabeth View Post
    The color pages made me smile, and I wouldn't mind seeing those three rollin' with that attire.
    I very much liked Samurai Sakura's colors, those outfits should be in UNS3, either way it was a great color page this week.

  15. #612
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    It looks that not in to long , we might get to see kyuubi mode+ sennin mode that is something that i want to see while sadly, i don't see sasuke and orochimaru appearing next chapter..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

  16. #613
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie
    A bird tells me they're some of the same people. One of them used to frequent our forums here, but since he got hired by viz (I believe) he no longer says hi.
    Huh. Makes sense. Virus protection program makers tend to hire actual hackers/virus makers for their companies since even though what they were doing wasn't really legit, it gave them years of unrivaled experience. And there really wouldn't be much better job reference than "I've been doing multiple translations a week for years."

    Though even then they likely only choose from the cream of the crop.

  17. #614
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    I learned something new everyday with someone from this forum that works for viz now.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

  18. #615
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    I don't deny that some scanlations have bad translation, but you can see their mistake within the context. In the present case, the fan is saying that mangapanda is better than mangastream. This assertion is not true because in the last chapter, mangastream was clearly better. And even if you read mangapanda closely, you will notice they were wrong.
    I'm sorry, that's just not true. I don't want to get into an argument, so I'll just lay it out for you and leave it at that.

    I often read the Japanese netabare scripts when they're posted on ni channel by ohana.

    Around last October, Mangastream got a new translator. He really is not doing a great job. He might be a capable enough translator, but he takes far, far too many liberties with the script. He rewrites dialogue excessively, to such an extent that the meaning is often completely changed. He also adds a lot of additional profanity that isn't there in the original.

    For example, this week, Naruto points to his heart and says says:

    「・・・そもそも その傷が 仲間がここで生きてるってことじゃねーのかよ・・・」

    My translation: "...to begin with, these wounds... are proof that your comrades live on in here..."

    Mangapanda's translation: "...and anyway, that wound... means that my friends are still inside me..."

    Viz Media's translation: "but it's those wounds... that prove your comrades live on inside here..."

    Mangastream's translation: "even so... that is a burden I'll gladly shoulder... our comrades will remain immortal... within us."

    Mangastream's translation is almost completely different from the Japanese dialogue. It barely even qualifies as translation. It's like 50% made up.


    Another bit of dialogue:

    「呪いだろーが何だろーが」

    My translation: "Maybe it's a curse, maybe it isn't..."

    Mangapanda's translation: "It can be a curse, but I don't care..."

    Viz Media's translation: "Curse or not..."

    Mangastream's translation: "I could give two shits even if it is a curse..."

    Mangapanda and Mangastream both misinterpreted the sentence a little bit. Naruto is saying he doesn't know if [a memory of his fallen comrade] is a curse or not, but he wants to keep it alive in his heart; MP and MS took it a bit farther by having him say he doesn't care if it is a curse. Of course, MegaJero completely pulled those 'two shits' out of his ass, so I'd still have to give the nod to Mangapanda.

    Sure, Mangapanda's got some occasional grammar problems and typographical errors, and their typesetting and cleaning isn't as good as Mangastream's, but their scripts are currently far more accurate. These translation issues are going on in almost every other word bubble of Mangastream's translations.

    If we're talking purely about the quality of the Japanese-to-English translation, Mangapanda's got Mangastream beat. Naturally, Viz Media's got the most professional translation and the highest quality images (as they use the actual work files supplied by Shueisha editors, rather than magazine scans), but if that's not an option for you, I'd have to recommend Mangapanda over Mangastream, at least until Mangastream ditches MegaJero or MegaJero cuts the crap and starts translating dialogue that can actually be found on the page.

  19. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts