Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What did Shikaku hide in the wooden box tucked away on the left shelf?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • A stack of Icha Icha novels

76 42.70%
  • Various sextoys

20 11.24%
  • A ring to celebrate his wedding with his wife

6 3.37%
  • Letters from various kunoichi scattered among the Five Nations

16 8.99%
  • Photos of a forbidden three-way with Chouza and Inoichi

32 17.98%
  • The Seven Swords of the Mist

1 0.56%
  • The One who Knows Everything

9 5.06%
  • Rikudou Sennin

18 10.11%
New Reply
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: Naruto 616 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JackBlack21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 616 Discussion / 617 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    This. I don't care if it is in fiction, media, or real life speech... 99.9999999999999% of all profanity is uttered by a stupid person who lacks the vocabulary to properly express themselves - and so they fall back on swear words in an effort to appear more mature than they really are. People with real intelligence do not require profanity for any reason. Whenever I see or hear profanity, I evaluate the person using it as having failed to communicate.
    You say 99.9999999999999% who use profanity aren't intelligent? That's demonstrably false. Maturity should have taught you to judge people as individuals. What you said isn't anything more than your opinion and pseudo-psychology. My dad is a college Physics professor, I'm an engineer as well as my co-workers. I guarantee you intelligent people use profanity. Condescending rant aside, Mangastream is far and away the best translation group. I remember when they stop doing Shounen a while back, those were dark times.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader
    Even you yourself doubtless keep your profanity in check when in generalized social situations such as work, school, offices, and so forth. Since that is so, you then CHOOSE to use the profane in less stringent environments such as "teh internets".
    Totally. There is a time and place for profanity. It's just the internet is, unfortunately, a place where etiquette can't be forced upon you. Sorry. It's like, if I am entertaining guests at home and I cut the loudest, most toxic fart ever. Sure, they can complain that it's inappropriate. But I'm in my home, where their opinion doesn't mean shit. My home is a place where they can't enforce rules. Just like the internet is a place where you can't enforce rules. And personally my profanity is limited to:

Online: because Ryan and Ninjabot are two different people. Ryan doesn't like hurting people's feelings with his words. Ninjabot however, doesn't give a FUUUUUUUUUUCK. And why would he? Is there anything more hardcore than a robotic ninja? I task you with finding something more badass. Only thing that could rival a robotic ninja would be a... shirtless Kenshiro. Maybe.

During coitous: because again, it just works better than say... "You randy minx, I'm going to ravish you something fierce!" (needless to say this isn't something that I've been doing lately. Forever alone...)

When mad enough to resort to violence: (also something that hasn't happened recently. It's easily been a decade since I've had to break my foot off in someone's ass.

I agree with you about the profanity in shounen manga being too much. I disagree that those who use profanity are more often than not idiots.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    What's going on with spoiler?, we used to get spoilers before the chapter came out while most of them were fake but they were fun to read and discussed and sometimes they were real ones ...
    I forgot when was the last time that we got one..
    No point nowadays since chapters come out like, an hour or five after teh spoilers, usually. Though usually I'm not awake when either is out. I miss the old days though - spoilers on Monday or Tuesday, pages of discussion, and chapter releasing on Thursday or Friday, with even more pages of discussion. Good old times, such tremendous activity. Now, stupid scanlators release manga too early.

REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD TIMES, 3C? Pages of pages of pages of discussion.

Oh, and get back on topic.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JackBlack21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    What's going on with spoiler?, we used to get spoilers before the chapter came out while most of them were fake but they were fun to read and discussed and sometimes they were real ones ...
    I forgot when was the last time that we got one..
    Towards the end, almost all of the spoilers were fake. The dialogue that came with them was even worse. In honor of the past:

Spoiler Chapter 617
    Source: Cousin Jimbo
    Fake

Naruto: Oh noes! Everything we did last chapter didn't work.
    Obito: You can't beat me with ninjutsu. Maybe you can talk me out of my evil plan.
    Shika and Ino: Our dads died in vain!
    Naruto: Hadouken!
    Obito: Dude, that won't work. You have to talk me out it.
    Random Ninja #1: Should we be throwing Kunai or something?
    Randon Ninja #2: I bet if we hid in the woods, no one would notice.
    Random Ninja#1: Let's just fake some hand seals.
    Obito: So that's my life story...
    Naruto: Really?! Me too! We're alike.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    This. I don't care if it is in fiction, media, or real life speech... 99.9999999999999% of all profanity is uttered by a stupid person who lacks the vocabulary to properly express themselves - and so they fall back on swear words in an effort to appear more mature than they really are. People with real intelligence do not require profanity for any reason. Whenever I see or hear profanity, I evaluate the person using it as having failed to communicate.
    I curse like a sailor IRL. Doesn't mean I can't be eloquent as a motherfucker on the internet. People don't fall back on linguistic crutches only to "sound mature" IRL. When you're translating a kid's story, the matter is a little different.

New Reply
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44