Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Kenpachi battle?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stalemate

3 3.09%
  • Unohana owns Kenpachi, Kenpachi learns about his Zanpakuto during the fight

48 49.48%
  • Unohana dies battling Kenpachi to death while holding back

5 5.15%
  • Kenpachi defeats Unohana fair and square, but doesn't kill her

15 15.46%
  • Whoever wins, someone (Kyouraku or other) interferes before someone dies

23 23.71%
  • Other (Mention in discussion)

3 3.09%
New Reply
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 523 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 523 Discussion / 524 Predictions

not a bad chapter,even the royal guards' arc was good this chapter with some revelation concerning the swords. and the best was of course the part involving kenpachi,unohana and kyoraku

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i kinda like the chapter. with yet to be working zanpaktou and above all unohana and kenpachi. we learned the scar on kenpachi's face. I am kinda wondering thou how did yamamoto managed to keep her in check and above all else who will die....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    Her and Zaraki are taking the spotlight together. Have you noticed how noone seems the slightest bit concerned about the Amauchi revelation? Not that I mind. I find both plot points very interesting in this chapter but obviously Unohana-Zaraki is more epic than anything else, so it takes the cake.

Edit: I just thought of a better reason Yamamoto told her to step back. Maybe he feared her going completely off the handle and berserking everything in sight whether friend or foe.

It's not that hard to imagine that happening if you think about her recent transformation.
    Those Amauchi look like shit and we haven't even really gotten a full explanation yet. They look like the ugly creature Aizen has become at the end, just in cocoon form with mouths as eyes, bah. So they are prepags for individual shinigami to form with time, so they aquire the form of their own shinigami soul?

Why hadn't I thought of that. :P That experiment could have gone really bad, if she opened up herself too much. That's also the reason they've gone down there. Makes me want to see some other previous criminals or first gen captains. They had to be pretty wild, I wonder if Hikifune was one of them too. Maybe most, if not all of the Royal Guards?
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 16, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

zanpakutou are crying out load for how the being treated it and in especial ichigo didn't take care of zangetsu and breaking his bankai, they better prove that they care about their zanpakutou or the will get their asses kicc so bad and unohana and zaraki are in the spot light and in the epic moment, we will finally see zaraki going wild and showing his incredible power
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I see no reason why two captains would fight. Kenpachi defeated the 10th Kenpachi to take his position.
    The only possibility is they fought before Kenpachi became a captain, which wouldn't make sense, as he isn't even talented enough to duel Unohana, let alone be able to handle her before becoming a Shinigami.
    Kenpachi fought Unohana for a very good reason:

Kenpachi fought Unohana because Kenpachi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    If he only leanred his Shikai he would likely be enough to go with the upper echelon of the SR, being worthless is such an overstatement, don't use them so easily please. Or was he worthless by slaying three SR without much harm done to himself?

Learning bankai would make no sense, unless he already has a great relationship with the zanpakatou already, which may or may not already be the case depending if Kusajishi is his zan spirit. Byakuyas words about ten years of training it to even be worth much should mean something. Ichigo and Renji are going through the cheat machine again.
    Think about this. Who is going to be a threat to the upper echelons of The Vandenreich? The 5 Royal Guards, Ichigo, Isshin, Urahara, Yoruichi, and Shunsui and Ukitake. And IMO, half of them won't be unless they can figure out a way to not have their Bankai stolen.

So perhaps Zaraki doesn't achieve Bankai, but instead just makes himself loads more powerful. It's already been shown he is nothing against the upper tier of the Vandenreich. Slaying fodder means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

so cool,I didn't notice unohana's scar in the first place,reading it from my phone on mangareader. mangastream shows it clearly: http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/79567961/18 . I wonder how he could did that,probably she wasn't paying attention. btw,she really is baddass and scary: she doesn't even seem the same person we used to know...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we might get a flashback how the kenpachis got their wounds and why/when they fight each other in the first place..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Decent chapter, I wonder what happened to the other original members from the strongest Gotei 13. If Unohana, and Yamaji managed to stick around all those years it's possible there could be others still alive as well. I find it difficult to believe the rest died in battle, but if they did it's going to be interesting to find out who killed them if its ever revealed.
    The price of arrogance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we got alot going on so far and bleach is in the top, i wish the anime will come back..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering how Zaraki and Unohana are still alive in the first place if they've obviously crossed swords in the past. Kenpachi's had that scar for a while, so maybe he challenged her and she felt bad for him and let him go. Because here we are probably some years later after they first fought and she still refers to him as a child. The interesting thing, though, is that you can tell Zaraki has tons of respect for her, because if anyone else had spoken to him the way she did, he would've just charged right in...I find that extremely interesting.

Seems like they're can only be ONE KENPACHI!!! (YOU ARE IMMORTAL, YOU HAVE INSIDE YOU BLOOD OF KINGS...LOL..couldn't resist.)
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back, Kenpachi already had his scar when he met Yachiru. So I'm wondering when he and Unohana gave those scars to each other (if that even is what happened, though it's clearly what they're implying here). Unohana's been a Captain for over a thousand years apparently, and Zaraki was roaming around in Rukongai until not too long ago. Less than a hundred years since, IIRC, Tousen was already a Captain when he killed the last Kenpachi.

He does refer to Yachiru as the only person he cared about, or admired, or something to that effect. Maybe she gave him the scar during some chance meeting in Rukongai, when she was already a Captain, and he gave her her scar when he came to Seireitei. Hmmm... Not too clear on this one. Their conversation in this chapter gives the impression that they have some kind of past together, but the thing is, their timelines are wildly different from one another.

I have a feeling that despite Shunsui's implication, neither of them will die. Kubo's obviously planning something for Zaraki, and to kill off Unohana now would be criminal. I think Unohana will win, but she'll stop short of killing him. She has had a thousand years to learn self control, so she might just put it into practice here. But it really does feel like she wants to kill him. Maybe because he represents what she used to be and has grown to hate about herself, or maybe because of something personal between them.

Also, Mugen seems to be a simple dumping ground for SS's most dangerous criminals, so who else could be in there? Aizen, assuming he hasn't run off already (and surely the trouble with having an endless prison is that you have no way of knowing if the prisoners are actually in there, lol), but who else is dangerous enough to deserve a sentence in that place. Besides Unohana, that is.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Maybe it's your wording, but it sounds like you think that everything before wasn't planed. This may be the first arc to be fully planed out, but he certainly had some plans until the SS arc ended.
    i really dont understand what do you mean by that ?? make yourself clear first ... what you are implying here is both sides of the argument...

nevermind i will clear that... do you read anywhere in my sentence saw the word "fully" ...here there goes your answer
    Last edited by dex; January 16, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Kenpachi fought Unohana for a very good reason:

Kenpachi fought Unohana because Kenpachi.
    Ah, so, it must be like, several hundred years ago, Kenpachi was there to challenge Unohana before she resigned his position. I'd say unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely, perhaps because there is an unspoken assumption that Kenpachi isn't that old.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The issue with the whole scar thing is the fact that Unohana has lived for what over two thousand years and fought who knows who and what, yet the only scar she got was from Zaraki who back then didn't even realize what kendo was let alone should have possesed enough power to do that. This is why i think the whole Unohana thing with her past might have been slightly rushed and not slowly developed over a few chapters. I'm sue Kubo will have an explanation for everything, but some of it just won't perfectly fall in line with previous events.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast