Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Kenpachi battle?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stalemate

3 3.09%
  • Unohana owns Kenpachi, Kenpachi learns about his Zanpakuto during the fight

48 49.48%
  • Unohana dies battling Kenpachi to death while holding back

5 5.15%
  • Kenpachi defeats Unohana fair and square, but doesn't kill her

15 15.46%
  • Whoever wins, someone (Kyouraku or other) interferes before someone dies

23 23.71%
  • Other (Mention in discussion)

3 3.09%
New Reply
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Bleach 523 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 523 Discussion / 524 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by taekat View Post
    Ok,

So is this Unohana's Bankai or true Shikai, or is it just fan art:

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/523/2
    Despite the level of wickedness of the attack showed in the picture it would be really bad in close quarters combat. But I'm curious to see if her zampakutou has different levels of shikai and bankai such as Yumichika Ayasegawa's. That would certainly be awesome, a zampakutou that held both the ultimate powers of life(healing) and death(something similar to yama jii's but more bloody and crazy).. Can't wait for tomorrow

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Unohana will either have the upperhand or it'll be a tie. I can't see her being hyped up only to be inferior to Kenpachi, so at the least, she'll tie. I think she'll be the dominant one though, considering what was said about her this chapter. I wouldn't be shocked if Kubo immediately skipped to Unohana standing over Kenpachi's beaten body.

Of course, I'm assuming the hype means something.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangus View Post
    Despite the level of wickedness of the attack showed in the picture it would be really bad in close quarters combat. But I'm curious to see if her zampakutou has different levels of shikai and bankai such as Yumichika Ayasegawa's. That would certainly be awesome, a zampakutou that held both the ultimate powers of life(healing) and death(something similar to yama jii's but more bloody and crazy).. Can't wait for tomorrow
    Yumichika's Shikai doesn't have different levels, but it's rather the end result of the difficult relationship between the two. Unohana could possibly have been doing the same, though, restricting the blood lust of her Shikai by the same method.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yumichika does not quite have different levels for his shikai, he merely makes a point of doing something unsulting to his zampakuto so that it does not actually reach its complete released form. Its not quite the situation you would have with tousen (who has 2 different shikai abilities) or byakuya (who can arrange his bankai petals as he pleases).

I don't particularly expect unohana's zampakuto to have a fighting form of sorts. As far as we have seen unohana's zampakuto is very similar to mayuri's, an organic living creature. Unohana's main combat form, her strength and true power is kendo. How would it make sense for her zampakuto, a living creature rather than an object as with most shinigami, to have another form more practical for kendo? The change is too drastic IMO. I guess it is conceivable however IMO the more likely scenario is that her minazuki does not have kendo applications.

Ok, how about this for a crackpot theory. What if the reason bankai is so difficult to repair is that it is not something done by repairing per say but rather healing? We have seen to aspects of asauchi so far, the sword and the spirit which comes with it. Shikai could be just a basic imprint of the power of the shinigami/asauchi into the physical sword hence why repairing it is just a matter of repairing the physical sword. Bankai in turn goes well beyond that and calls out the actual asauchi's true power into the sword. So when bankai is broken what is hurt is not just the regular sword but rather things go well beyond that and what is broken is the spirit itself. In this scenario you have a maimed asauchi of sorts and repairing the sword is not enough to heal the spirit. So you end up needing the method to fully heal the spirit itself. Of course this would imply that the closest mayuri got to is modifying his zampakuto spirit rather than healing him and hasn't figured out a way to actually heal it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Re: Bleach 523 Discussion / 524 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

Ok, how about this for a crackpot theory. What if the reason bankai is so difficult to repair is that it is not something done by repairing per say but rather healing? We have seen to aspects of asauchi so far, the sword and the spirit which comes with it. Shikai could be just a basic imprint of the power of the shinigami/asauchi into the physical sword hence why repairing it is just a matter of repairing the physical sword. Bankai in turn goes well beyond that and calls out the actual asauchi's true power into the sword. So when bankai is broken what is hurt is not just the regular sword but rather things go well beyond that and what is broken is the spirit itself. In this scenario you have a maimed asauchi of sorts and repairing the sword is not enough to heal the spirit. So you end up needing the method to fully heal the spirit itself. Of course this would imply that the closest mayuri got to is modifying his zampakuto spirit rather than healing him and hasn't figured out a way to actually heal it.
    Reading your interesting theory a stupid idea just popped in my mind, perhaps the zampakutous spirits need therapy, now i'm stuck with a picture of zangetsu lying on a couch talking about how painful his childhood was and how insignificant Ichigo would make him feel.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not that far-fetched. Considering the Bankai phase is the manifestation of a Zanpakuto's spirit, the spirit itself should be prone to damage in that case, instead of the sword taking it. Maybe what Mayuri modified wasn't the spirit itself, but rather the way it was manifested. It would mean that the spirit would keep its core form intact, but when it's called out by the wielder, the way it shows its outside appearance is open to modification. That would clarify things for me, at least.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading your interesting theory a stupid idea just popped in my mind, perhaps the zampakutous spirits need therapy, now i'm stuck with a picture of zangetsu lying on a couch talking about how painful his childhood was and how insignificant Ichigo would make him feel.
    Well, we have kinda seen therapy in the manga to some extent. The first time ichigo fought shirosaki it was all about how ichigo neglected zangetsu and being alone in a world where it always rains. The meeting with shirosaki was about who was whose bitch. The time of final getsuga tensho it was about the world being underwater or dispair. Anyways, my idea was not about emotional damage, it was able the actual spirit of the zampakuto taking actual permanent physical damage when a bankai is broken.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That got me thinking. When ichigo became a real shinigami through urahara, ichigo didn't even have a sword. He had to call out zangetsu's name and manifest him as a sword. He didnt go to school and receve a sword like everyone else. So i dont think he had an asuichi to begin with.
    He had just a hilt. What if that's the true manifestion zangetsu? When he lost his powers as a shinigami they inserted that new sword into his chest. Could that have been an asuichi? That might be why ichigo hasn't had a conversation with zangetsu. Basically he's downgraded. He must now learn how to call out zangetsu using an asuichi......
    Last edited by Punisher6; January 22, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I think lots of people are going overboard with the asauchi thing.

The point of this chapter is that renju and ichigo are about to get jumped by lots of blank zanpaktou.
    zanpaktou that can absorb the essence of a shinigami and become anything.
    I dont think these asauchi are going to turn into a sword for them to use. I think they are being used to "feel " what ichigos and renjis inner zanpaktou soul actually is.
    - kinda reminds me of an old matrix saying- you never know someone until you face them in battle.

I also think ichigo and renji will realize that none of these asauchi are zangetsu or zabimaru. that may turn the tide of this fight if they get overwhelmed. I dont know.

Now where did these guys come from? perhaps from the broken shards of the bankais that fell to the floor when afro san broke the already broken bankais over their head.
    Or perhaps he has them laying in wait for their arrival.

ichigo was never issued an asauchi, but he did get a type of one when he got rukias powers, then he fought lots of hollow an had adventures. until that got broken,and he lost his powers.

when he got his powers back, he had to materialize his own.

--
    now renjis zabimaru looks like a crappy blade or "asauchi" until he invokes the name, at which point it becomes cool looking.

--
    ichigo had a broken hilt, and when he finally called out his own zanpaktou for the first time, it didnt even have a hilt. it was an uber meat cleaver.
    I dont think ichigo could have materialized his own zanpaktou powers if not for rukias powers kindling his own latent power. after that he didnt really need an asauchi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"Given the points above, there may be a chance that Aizen could use his limited Zanpakutou-less power to escape to the Royal Dimension, and subsequently reforge his Zanpakutou whilst he's there."

Aizen had "almost" evolved into a transcendental being without a zanpakuto before he was sealed away. Besides, the hogyoku is still inside his body hence of course his power never disappeared but he just couldn't use it fully.

From my point of view, anyone from the older generation showing off their bankai means they are ready to follow old man Yam to the exist. Thus it depends on how soon Unohana uses her bankai.

Another crackpot: members of the royal guard have achieved the 3rd state/form without loosing their powers. By the way, Isshin might have used this form in the battle against the quincy or even against his wife when they were enemies.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if aizen did fully lose his zampakuto then I don't think nimaiya could reforge it. I mean, from what would he reforge it? It did seem like the zampakuto fully disappeared. If aizen actually does have to do something to regain his zampakuto I would argue he has two means of accomplishing that. One would be to wish on the orb to get it back. If there is even a shred of his zampakuto left within him then it should be possible to wish it back. The alternative and perhaps the more practical way to go (which is what renji and ichigo should have done to begin with) is go with orihime. Even if it takes her time orihime would be able to rebuild the zampakuto from absolutely nothing with her ability(like she did grimmjow's arm or half of those two arrancar). It is more practical than merely getting something similar to what it used to be.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if aizen did fully lose his zampakuto then I don't think nimaiya could reforge it. I mean, from what would he reforge it? It did seem like the zampakuto fully disappeared. If aizen actually does have to do something to regain his zampakuto I would argue he has two means of accomplishing that. One would be to wish on the orb to get it back. If there is even a shred of his zampakuto left within him then it should be possible to wish it back. The alternative and perhaps the more practical way to go (which is what renji and ichigo should have done to begin with) is go with orihime. Even if it takes her time orihime would be able to rebuild the zampakuto from absolutely nothing with her ability(like she did grimmjow's arm or half of those two arrancar). It is more practical than merely getting something similar to what it used to be.
    lets not forget tsubaki!

New Reply
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27