Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Kenpachi battle?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stalemate

3 3.09%
  • Unohana owns Kenpachi, Kenpachi learns about his Zanpakuto during the fight

48 49.48%
  • Unohana dies battling Kenpachi to death while holding back

5 5.15%
  • Kenpachi defeats Unohana fair and square, but doesn't kill her

15 15.46%
  • Whoever wins, someone (Kyouraku or other) interferes before someone dies

23 23.71%
  • Other (Mention in discussion)

3 3.09%
New Reply
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 523 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 523 Discussion / 524 Predictions

I like JihadJoe's theory about Unohana. Perhaps Kenpachi will SOMEHOW kill/beat Unohana but she will "revive" or heal by using her zanpakto or bankai, if what Shunsui said is true ("one will die").

Also, the fact that they are training in Muken brings me to think/hope that Aizen will make an appearance, perhaps speaking to Kenpachi after (IF) he beats Unohana, tempting him with an offer or something. As i have said in other posts, i am a big Aizen fan and i hope he escapes and comes back to fight, idc who side he is on. His own, SS, or even the VR (doubtful). I would like to see him stomp some Sternritters. Aizen himself never even killed any of his former "comrades"/captains. These quincies are pure evil (or so it would seem right now, who knows what secrets SS has within it/its past....)

Anyways Muken=Aizen, he has to be coming back, Bach's purpose in going to SS was not only to start killing Soul Reapers but specifically to meet Sosuke Aizen. He has to play a part in this arc. Not to mention he has never shown his true bankai (which is why I personally think he is a war potential, so far it seems they are ones whose bankai's are unknown/new/cannot be stolen). Aizen needs to return.
    I'm also hoping for some TRUE vasto lordes to appear, i think i remember that only 1-3/4 of the espada were truly vasto lorde, if Grimmjow gets a 2nd release which he almost has to have by now (hopefully) he will prob be considered a vasto lorde in my eyes. Plus he is cool.

I'm pumped to see Shunsui and Urahara's bankai's as well. Especially Urahara's, its going to be D-E-A-D-L-Y i have a feeling.

Idk if Kenpachi will get a bankai but i'm sure he will at least learn his swords name/shikai, bankai would be cool but almost overkill but may be necessary as well. unless he has always been using Shikai? not sure if anyone knows about this? I know he once said "my sword is always released and out in the open", does this mean/imply that it is in shikai already?
    Thoughts on Aizen speaking in Muken to Uno/Kenny? Escaping?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

You are so wrong in many ways.
    Aizen did kill jis camrades himself, one example is Gin, another examples are from back in the flashbacks when he killed many more (when he made the Vizards).
    The bankai could not be stolen because the one that tried to steal it wasn't strong enough, not because it's ability is unknown.

Even I, that doesn't really put much tought into details, know that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Bleach 523 Discussion / 524 Predictions

maybe the cc struck a deal with aizen and they are in aizen's zankpukto special ability thats going to allow them to develop their abilities in a short amount of time, but it feels like forever for them. this would make sense seeing as how aizen's previous subordinates have developed their abilites enough to fight SS.

Of course part of the deal wouldn't be to let him go but to shave off maybe a couple thousand years lol
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's quite obvious how things are going to proceed from now on.

1) Kenpachi will get knocked the fuck out
    2) Yachiru will heal him
    3) More fighting

Just repeat this process over and over and over again until the next time we see him. By then, he'll be making Yachiru wash his drawers and make sandwiches for him or she'll be dead
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warriorofvirtue View Post
    this would make sense seeing as how aizen's previous subordinates have developed their abilites enough to fight SS.
    l
    Gin was a genius, the espada could have been hundreds, if not thousands of years old themselves. There was no need to let them train, just get acquainted with their zanpakatou like swords.

How would he make a deal without giving Aizen the chance to flee, he didn't wear that full body sealing costume for fun at the trial? Not another cheating chamber. ^^

Hakuteiken, you clearly remember Kirinjis words towards Retsu, but how did you miss out of them mentioning that they will return to rebuild SS, after getting those four healed and let Ichigo meet eh.. the Buddhist shinigami again?

I will make a list of all those that are so adamant about nobody dying, 'cause the loss in trust in Kubo has become a bit too big. :-P Do we need to see Unohana use high grade kidou to make her a good character, no. Do we need to see her Bankai, no. If she fullfils her purpose to prepare Kenpachi for the upcoming fight, just so that he could be an important piece in winning, she would have already done more than the majority of Gotei 13 could ever dream of. Zaraki clearly has a potential that Yachiru doesn't, making him more important, making his life worth more than hers in the current scheme of things. She isn't the most evil person for no reason, if she can' t be turned good again, she's better of dead than alive. I think some of you don't understand what it meant for her to go back to her other self, she has turned her back to being a medic, being a good person to train Zaraki. She won't be able to just turn a switch and go good again to keep him alive, that very likely not an option here. Some mentioned her dying symbolically, but isn't that exactly what she has done for the past millennia already, left her old self behind. She was the first Kenpachi, she was a criminal, but has tried to atone for so long already, being '' killed'' now would accomplish what exactly in terms of being evil?

Disclaimer: I want both to live, but wishes are just that, wishes.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 18, 2013 at 04:27 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrCristian View Post
    You are so wrong in many ways.
    Aizen did kill jis camrades himself, one example is Gin, another examples are from back in the flashbacks when he killed many more (when he made the Vizards).
    The bankai could not be stolen because the one that tried to steal it wasn't strong enough, not because it's ability is unknown.

Even I, that doesn't really put much tought into details, know that.
    Actually, we don't know if Bach meant what he said to Captain-Commander when he implied Royd could also have stolen his Bankai. I'm not so sure, but if the medallion is containing the Bankai power with its wielder's spiritual power, perhaps a stolen Bankai cannot be contained and breaks free if the medallion wielder isn't strong enough to counter the Bankai.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Hakuteiken, you clearly remember Kirinjis words towards Retsu, but how did you miss out of them mentioning that they will return to rebuild SS, after getting those four healed and let Ichigo meet eh.. the Buddhist shinigami again?
    No, but I don't interpret the word "rebuild" as fighting. I mean, it doesn't make any sense. If they were to interrupt with an SS battle, they should have done it earlier as Soifon suggested. They knew the opponent was a formidable group.
    Though, I'd admit I can't come up with any other idea for the term "rebuild" on my own, either.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well aizen did sort of use his powers on quincy boss dude so....
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warriorofvirtue View Post
    well aizen did sort of use his powers on quincy boss dude so....
    Probably because he had no reason to help out the Quincy.
    Though, there is one thing I don't understand. Aizen aimed to defeat the Soul King and take his place. What could it be that Bach aims to make him more evil than Aizen at any case?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    No, but I don't interpret the word "rebuild" as fighting. I mean, it doesn't make any sense. If they were to interrupt with an SS battle, they should have done it earlier as Soifon suggested. They knew the opponent was a formidable group.
    Though, I'd admit I can't come up with any other idea for the term "rebuild" on my own, either.
    So they should just on a whim[a dead VC(one who hasn't shown anything of his power throughout 55 volumes)] call upon the five guards that are supposed to guard the Soul King, the entity that got to stay alive for the sake of human/hollows/shinigami.
    Don't you see how much of an ridiculous inquiry that would have been, an admission that Yamamoto couldn't handle an outside force. In SS, such a thing would have been impossible, nor would the SS have though it possible to steal a Bankai nor could they imagine that the Quincy have grown so much. It was only logical for them not to come and help, nobody seemed to be firghtened, if anything Yamamoto was sure that he could handle everyone and who would be there to dispute that claim of his? Did you before the war began, who here did?
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 18, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this chapter- and I think I know where we are going with these "strongest" zanpaktou that can become anything.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/523/4

The Asauchi- a zanpaktou that is like the stem cells of zanpaktou- they can become any shinigamis zanpaktou when a shinigami imprints his soul onto the asauchi and then eventually learns its name and solidifies it. - for renji, it became zabimaru, for ichigo- he never had one, !!! his soul was imprinted borrowing rukias blade and then materialized at the shattered shaft training where he pulled it from the box.
    The purpose of the horde of asauchi is to force renji and ichigo to imprint themselves into the asauchi with each kick, punch and attack.
    I like that the asauchi dont have blades, its going to be a brawl. - I also like the symbolism that ichigo and renji with their punches are forging their zanpaktous spirit each blow is like the hammer striking the metal molding it.

This page confirms that the asauchi that ichigo and renji are going to fight, will in essence let them construct their own zanpaktou.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/523/7
    With the extra reiatsu they obtained from the food, the imprint should be especially strong, I think this will be the equivalent of replacing their -iron forged zanpaktou - with steel, - stronger more tempered, greater resistance to damage ect.ect. - Im not saying the zanpaktou are iron or steel, just using a comparison that the extra reiatsu will allow them to imprint themselves more strongly than they could have before as normal shinigami.

This next page is very interesting also, as afro san suggest that the way they know and use their zanpaktou is wrong.
    - if a zanpaktou is not to be a tool, buddy, family, friend, senior, junior, pet, acquaintance lover or loved one. then what is left.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/523/9

well I think hichigo said it best- the king and the horse.
    afro san is saying that the shinigami and zanpaktou have no difference, that one is going to be king, and one is going to be the horse. they are all the same being.
    This kind of makes sense, and from time to time I suspect that shinigami and zanpaktou - ESPECIALLY before a HUGE battle,- would need to reestablish this understanding, basically reforge their bond from time to time. Ichigo did not after he got his powers back. so his relationship with his zanpaktou was brittle.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/523/10

they have to imprint their soul into these asauchi and become kings of their zanpaktou again.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/523/7

I am thinking that this training of reforging the sword may be a multi-step process.
    After ichigo and renji are standing on a mountain of defeated asauchi, afro san can say "ok- on to lesson 2." lol.
    I am hoping that the defeated asauchi will merge with each other, and solidify into a zanpaktou with a blade, at which point ichigo and renji get blades, and the real battle begins with their new more powerful asauchi made zanpaktou- that will be the real fight to establish who is king and who is the horse. IMHO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am shock by this chapter, I mean I read bleach every week, but I didn't put much thought into unohana.

Did everyone know that she was like this? I mean she always look so sweet and innocent

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    Did everyone know that she was like this? I mean she always look so sweet and innocent
    There were enough hints throughout the manga to know that she's hiding a scary side or herself. Especially since Koryaku or Ukitake mentioned her being so in the TBTP arc. So it's not really a suprise in addition the information of her being 100/100 in kenjutsu/kidou/offense from the first databook.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 18, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    So they should just on a whim[a dead VC(one who hasn't shown anything of his power throughout 55 volumes)] call upon the five guards that are supposed to guard the Soul King, the entity that got to stay alive for the sake of human/hollows/shinigami.
    Don't you see how much of an ridiculous inquiry that would have been, an admission that Yamamoto couldn't handle an outside force. In SS, such a thing would have been impossible, nor would the SS have though it possible to steal a Bankai nor could they imagine that the Quincy have grown so much. It was only logical for them not to come and help, nobody seemed to be firghtened, if anything Yamamoto was sure that he could handle everyone and who would be there to dispute that claim of his? Did you before the war began, who here did?
    Does that really matter within the entire context? I'm just stating this isn't even as hopeless as the situation against Aizen was, and they didn't bother to interfere at that time. Now, much of the Gotei squads power is still up there, except for Captain-Commander himself. The killed thousands of Shinigami won't give you the power of a seated-officer, so, it's not a variable in this equation. The Royal Guards were nowhere to be found when no one was there to stop Aizen's scheme in creating the soul key, and yet, they will fight alongside SS captains this time around and leave the Royal Dimension unprotected? It seems like a flawed strategy to me. You don't go changing your base of the plans from time to time. You either interfere at each occasion or standby and wait for your turn at each.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Didn't come close? He had no further Gotei member standing on his path. A mere human saved the day.

Then, Kirinji teasing Soifon about the roles was pointless to you. I think he really meant it at that time and drew a line between the two forces, but it may not be the case, who knows.
    Aizen became God-like to no end, he still couldn't get to the King which was his goal. It didn't matter how powerful he was if he couldn't get in the proximity of the King. Apparently the Vandenreich can.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

good chapter kenpachi and unohana seemed to have given each other their scars. hope we get a flashback about it, also during this fight i think kenpachi will achieve to at least learn his swords name and a shikai attack. about bankai doubt it i think the world would not be able to handle that awesomeness that it could be.

New Reply
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast