Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Kenpachi battle?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stalemate

3 3.09%
  • Unohana owns Kenpachi, Kenpachi learns about his Zanpakuto during the fight

48 49.48%
  • Unohana dies battling Kenpachi to death while holding back

5 5.15%
  • Kenpachi defeats Unohana fair and square, but doesn't kill her

15 15.46%
  • Whoever wins, someone (Kyouraku or other) interferes before someone dies

23 23.71%
  • Other (Mention in discussion)

3 3.09%
New Reply
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 523 Discussion

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 523 Discussion / 524 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as far as unohana releasing her sword goes we have to consider the possibility of her zampakuto actually not having offensive abilities whether in shikai or bankai. We have seen her shikai before and it hardly seems to be the sort to have offensive abilities. It even had healing abilities to boot. More so, minazuki actually means purify the flesh which further suggests non offensive abilities overall. Bankai is usually a large version of shikai so a bigger healer is not necessarily going to help. Perhaps a big part of the reason unohana learned advanced swordsmanship is that she had no offensive abilities to begin with with her zampakuto. Now, it is entirely possible her sword has alternate forms much like she seems to have alternate personalities however the scenario of her not having offensive capabilities with her sword is very real.
    This does makes sense, but I don't think Unohana had any sort of healing capabilities from the beginning. Kirinji talked about the techniques he taught to Unohana, so, it would make more sense if Unohana didn't have a healing type Zanpakuto back at that time.
    I'm leaning towards Unohana' breaking her sword and getting a new type Zanpakuto after changing her personality, but I'm not so sure about that yet.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you you think she is sane enough to heal him after they started fighting. Doesn't really make sense to me, would be far to similar to Ichigo, and lame at that.
    Firm but Fair

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling Unohana knows how to change her Zan type i mean lets face it she can change her persona at the drop of hat, would make sense that her Zan changes with her persona especially if the Zan is based on the users personality
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why do you you think she is sane enough to heal him after they started fighting. Doesn't really make sense to me, would be far to similar to Ichigo, and lame at that.
    because she is to teach him the art of killing. how can he learn if he is dead.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well why do you think that she is insane enough to just say screw it i'm gonna kill this guy or let him die as quickly as possible so that i can go back to doing my job. The whole point of this is for Unohana to teach Zaraki how to properly fight. Kubo can insert whatever dramatic text he wants to, but we all know he isn't going to kill either one of them especially when you factor in the most recent events. Also since when did Unonaha become a blood thirty murderer? That is what she might have once been before Yama got her to join up with him. If she is still SS's greatest criminal she sure as hell wouldn't be outside of a jail cell a la Aizen let alone be kept around as a Captain. The point of all of this is the fact that Unohana has learned to balance her past life with her current life. Meaning that she can "turn it on and off" as she clearly just demonstrated to us all. Shes going to kick the shit out of Zaraki, heal him, and do it all over again until he learns what she wants him to learn.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    because she is to teach him the art of killing. how can he learn if he is dead.
    Nobody said he had to be healed to learn the techniques. By taking her out obviously.

zerocooldx
    We know that she can turn it on, there's no word spoken about her being able to return to her normal state anywhere in this chapter. Unless Zaraki turns her unconscious so she will stop attacking.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 18, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"Another thing which also gets significantly weirder is the fact that at some point ichigo's and aizen's zampakuto were seemingly fusing with them at the height of their power. What is the meaning of that?"

I didn't see any member of the Royal Guard carrying around their zanpakuto either? Where were their zanpakuto when they showed up at SS?

Anyway, I agree about Unohana's zanpakuto can change its physical forms or abilities; this reminds me about how Nelliel "healed" the wounded Ichigo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Ichigo's "soul memories," for a lack of better term, have expressed Quincy properties.. does that mean his Zanpakuto will do so in turn? Seems like an interesting concept.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody said he had to be healed to learn the techniques. By taking her out obviously.

zerocooldx
    We know that she can turn it on, there's no word spoken about her being able to return to her normal state anywhere in this chapter. Unless Zaraki turns her unconscious so she will stop attacking.
    Does there need to be a word spoke about her being able to turn it off? She clearly did it once before. I mean when did this become like Ichigo and his Hollow, where if his Hollow takes over he can't stop it on his own. Nothing suggests that she is the female version of Zaraki or Ichigo's Hollow and isn't going to stop fighting until she kills someone or until she is knocked out. Her one and only job is to train Zaraki, not to beat him or to do anything else. Obviously that isn't going to happen overnight. Its going to be a process that probably lasts all the way until the war with the Vandenreich resumes. Its clearly pointed out that Zaraki is like a baby when compared to Unonaha and her fighting ability. So Unohana just beating the shit out of him isn't going to accomplish anything if she doesn't teach him things in the process and allows him to show her what hes learned. Well he can't do any of that if hes half dead or if Unohana is going psycho on him and not teaching him.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

zerocooldx
    To take her out, he needs to learn something first, though.
    He's inferior in every aspect of the swordsmanship at this point.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's get back to the most basic way of learning things:
    Learning by Doing: Experience -> Share -> Process -> Generalize -> Apply
    Just reread the Tousen fight to see that he's capable of coming up with a strategy by himself, that he's capable of thinking rational and apply the knowledge to his advantage within a single fight. Obviously she's far above Tousen, but so have to be everyones power levels for the current arc.

And if they do pause, than it would be great to see them having a Criminal Tea Party with Aizen, giving him a sip. XD
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs more than a strategy now. Actually, I don't really find a match to death or something along the lines meaningful as a training move. I don't think this is going to be a real battle, either. As you said, there should be lots of pauses and some occasional talk about what they are doing.

Poor Aizen, he must be bored there on his own

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    He needs more than a strategy now. Actually, I don't really find a match to death or something along the lines meaningful as a training move. I don't think this is going to be a real battle, either. As you said, there should be lots of pauses and some occasional talk about what they are doing.

Poor Aizen, he must be bored there on his own
    Suits him right for tricking me into thinking he was a good guy. The Douche
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    "Another thing which also gets significantly weirder is the fact that at some point ichigo's and aizen's zampakuto were seemingly fusing with them at the height of their power. What is the meaning of that?"

I didn't see any member of the Royal Guard carrying around their zanpakuto either? Where were their zanpakuto when they showed up at SS?

Anyway, I agree about Unohana's zanpakuto can change its physical forms or abilities; this reminds me about how Nelliel "healed" the wounded Ichigo.
    I think that when ichigo and aizen were at the height of their powers, they were using their zanpaktous as intentioned, as an extension of themselves. When ichigo lost his powers, he must of stopped using it as an extension of himself. Thus he is in his current predicament of having to fight those angry zanpaktous(I forgot what they were called). One of them looked as though it was crying, unless that's just the design of it.

As far as kenpachi fighting unohona I don't think either will die. If kenpachi kills her how will he learn to become stronger? Frankly I'd like to see ichigo fight unohona in her current state. Then again I'd be satisfied with ichigo fighting an out of control upgraded kenpachi too!!! I doubt we will ever see that!
    Last edited by Punisher6; January 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Rukia gets her Asauchi.... after several years after putting untold amounts of her soul and reitsu into it.... it becomes attuned to her and takes on what we know is her current Zanpaktou.

Along comes Ichigo, she gives him her sword which he plunges into his own chest and appears with Zangetsu.

The question for me is what happened to Rukia's? Did ichigo materialize his own Zanpaktou in that instant or did his reistu overwrite and wipe out Rukia's influence on that Asauchi?

If the answer is the latter... did Rukia have to go and grab another Asauchi and start again forming another bond with a new sword? sounds like that would be pretty damaging to her soul/bond with her Zanpaktou

New Reply
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast